Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ISPs Censorship Behind the Scene?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:05 pm 

More and more lately I have been seeing this curious page in FF3 and IE7 when trying to 1st connect to bookmarked favorites:

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.speakeasy.net.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Obviously I didn't mistype. I'm wondering if this is more because of ISPs voluntary blocking efforts to appease the NY Atty Gen Cuomo http://www.oag.state.ny.us/ or some other effort such as stopping users from being involuntarily redirected to unscrupulous web sites or what. But it is certainly giving me fits.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.