Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Could Obama be the Anti-Christ?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:14 pm 

I started this topic OTOB some time ago and of course it is now gone. But let's look at it another way since my original points are gone. Exactly why couldn't Obama be the Anti-Christ? He seems to fit the bill in about every way I can think of.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Could Obama be the Anti-Christ?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:15 pm 
Banned

Second attempt, my posting just accidently disappeared!

I want to believe with all my heart that Obama is the one who can unite our nation on the same level as President Kennedy. I can remember at a tender age how devastating it was to a 9 year old (me) when the nun came in the room to announce his death. How everyone was so devastated, what an impact on kids of that age.

I want to believe that he's the next President Kennedy so badly, especially because Caroline sees her father in him, and that inspires the rest of us to want to "believe."

On the other hand....I'm scared. Not because he is black & white...only because of the corruption that is so prevailant in our government, we taxpayers, we non-taxpayers....those rich, poor, middle, or whatever have growingly become accustomed to corruption, we just naturally accept it, and bat our eye at it.

Governor Bla-blah-Blago of Illinois promised those voters that it was an end of an era to "pay to play." Ryan went to prison, and he (Blago) is sure to follow. You see Stroger manipulating and causing people & businesses to flee Crook County, and how much more can Daley do to tax the property owners, while he "pays to play back?"

So in essence, I'm worried that if I really believe again...in Obamba, the cards will turn against us, his friends will "pay to play", and we'll end up even more disappointed than we would be with McCain.

Truthfully, I'm seeking an honest President of the United States of America that will forget about politics and unite our country. Someone who will be a positive image and unite us with the rest of the world....

Someone who won't allow anyone to manipulate him...someone who will be so honest with us that we CAN believe again.

Between the two...I will have to put my faith in Obama....but politics are politics. Deep down in my heart, I don't think politicians will ever change anything, except if it's a change for them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:45 pm 
Banned

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/opini ... rs.article

Well damn, I didn't know we still had a chance to get Hillary back in...read the first post on this site. Now I can still vote for her? Really, at the convention?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 pm 

I want to believe with all my heart that Obama is the one who can unite our nation on the same level as President Kennedy.

I'm going to have to disagree. Kennedy was not quite the great uniter many would have us to believe today. In fact, he might have lost re-election. Many of his proposals were stalled in Congress and it wasn't until LBJ took over and forced them through that they became the Kennedy legacy, and then later with Johnson's so-called Great Society (which in my book wasn't all that great). In fact, it is rumored that on occasion Johnson used the Kennedy assignation and his skills learned as a powerful House member to make Kennedy look great partly so he wouldn't ever be accused of being part of an assassination plot. Likely one lesser reason why to this day such plots continue to be talked about.

But back to Obama. He is the 1st Presidential candidate to ever be of Muslim and German heritage. And while some believe the Anti-Christ must be a Jew others believe him to be of Muslim descent and/ or of a Roman Empire heritage. One example being that a passage that talks about his not having regard for women could very well be a reference to Sharia Law. Though as you can see in this link even that passage is a bit controversial and has been interpreted different ways - http://bible.cc/daniel/11-37.htm

The Bible speaks of an AntiChrist liberation and a false prophet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_prophet. Ironically, at the moment he has no church thanks in part to his pastor's wild public comments and liberationist teachings.

I got to wondering about this after Obama's little press event by the Western Wall http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=mat ... 4&verse=15 and considering all the "great things" coming out of his mouth and how all the press seems to wonder after his every little word.

While people have speculated that past Presidents and other world leaders might be AntiChrist or False Prophet one difference is that the timing is finally about right and Obama has the heritage while others did not. Also keep in mind that "...this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." (NIV Matthew 24:34) Interesting take on that - http://www.preteristarchive.com/Critica ... -pass.html

So again while I'm not making the claim that Obama is either the AntiChrist or False Prophet what I find curious is why nobody is discussing the possibility when some even tried to claim Ronald Wilson Reagan was old Mr. 666 himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barak_obama

Although Obama is Christian, July 2008 polls have shown that some Americans believe incorrectly that he is Muslim or was raised Muslim (12% and 26%, respectively, in Pew[189] and Newsweek[190] polls). Cited the latter poll by CNN's Larry King, Obama responded, "...I wasn't raised in a Muslim home," and said that advancement of the misconception insulted Muslim Americans.[191]

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:57 am 
Banned

Why does Caroline Kennedy, her Uncle, her couzin (Arnold's wife) believe so strongly in him?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:16 am 

UrRight wrote:
.....I want to believe with all my heart that Obama is the one who can unite our nation on the same level as President Kennedy. I can remember at a tender age how devastating it was to a 9 year old (me) when the nun came in the room to announce his death. How everyone was so devastated, what an impact on kids of that age.

I want to believe that he's the next President Kennedy so badly, especially because Caroline sees her father in him, and that inspires the rest of us to want to "believe.".....

SorryUr, but all references/comparisons of Obama and JFK MAKE ME WANNA PUKE. Face it, all of the Kennedys that support him do so because he is a Democrat. That's all. Obama is NOT the Messiah, and his lack of experience will be his downfall. Look at his voting record.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:07 am 
Banned

So...vote McCain? Ok....I don't like either, nor trust either...but I guess I'm gonna go for MCain...it would guarantee only 4 more yrs of hell; if he survives that long.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:42 pm 

Quote:
Mirage wrote:
G you actually deserved to be banned, if you will remember. You went way, way over the line.

Lincoln

When ... You have succeeded in dehumanizing the negro; when you have put him down and made it impossible for him to be but as the beast of the field; when you have extinguished his soul in this world and placed him where the ray of hope is blown out as in the darkness of the damned, are you quite sure that the demon you have roused will not turn and rend you ?

What constitutes the bulwark of our own liberty and independence? It is not our frowning battlements our bristling sea coast, our army and navy. These our not our reliance against tyranny. all those may be turned against us without making us weaker for the struggle. Our reliance is in the love of liberty as heritage of all men, in all lands everywhere. Destroy this spirit and you have planted the seeds of despotism at your own doors. Familiarize yourselves with the chains of bondage and you prepare your own limbs to wear them. Accustomed to trampling on the rights of others, you have lost the genius of your own independence and become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrants who rises among you.

Speech at Edwardsville , Illinois
[ September 11 , 1858 ]

This topic is so wrong and you wonder why they pulled it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:16 pm 

First, this topic is nowhere in the same league as some of the stuff you were saying the night you got bounced from the Times board.

Second, this topic has nothing to do with skin color. It does have to do with an individual who's bloodlines, meteoric rise to the international stage without substance, message, and timing seem to fit the description of the man of perdition.

Third, not just his supporters but now Obama himself is flashing the race card as a means to a political victory. When Dr. King said he had a dream it wasn't a vision of flaunting skin color to overcome. It was that people of all colors would be treated on an equal basis and upon substance. A scant 2 years in the US Senate isn't enough time to be prepared to be Vice President, much less President of the United States. Yet the whole world wonders after this man, including reportedly our combatant enemies. Now that is cause for concern!

So this thread is not about "dehumanizing the negro." But it is curious that you chose a quote that mentions "the beast of the field" and "demons."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:48 pm 
Banned

Bill Clinton was being interviewed during a trip in Africa...he stated that we will all find out what happened to the the campaigne. Wonder what he meant by that?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:58 pm 

Knowing him that could mean anything or nothing. After all, he has to have something to say in case Hillary wants to run again in 2012 or if for unforeseen reasons actually becomes the Dem candidate this year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:06 pm 

Yesterday I had the History Channel on while I was working and they had a segment on the Antichrist which was first aired several years ago now. Then they interviewed Hal Lindsey, author of the popular book "Late Great Planet Earth." Everything he said about the Antichrist seemed to me to be equally attributable to President Obama.

Later mom called me up after seeing Lindsey's weekly telecast and said that in the coming weeks he would get more in to discussing claims of Obama perhaps being the Antichrist as several people had asked him about that. So it's not just me wondering.

I'm not sure how he will answer but remember that there is a political leader, the Antichrist, and a religous leader, the false prophet. The false prophet is the beast of the earth while the Antichrist is the beast of the sea. It dawns on me that America is actually "a sea" away from the Middle East. And it is probably just coincidental but you know the current Pope is the 1st German Pope and Obama if half German and the 1st President born to a Muslim? No, I'm not claiming this Pope actually is the false prophet but still it is interesting. Even more interesting when you consider that it may easily be argued that Germany's Hitler was an archetype of the Antichrist.

And many have indeed speculated that the false prophet refers to Roma, perhaps a Pope who is a defector from the true faith. And it's easy to understand such speculation.

Rev 13:11 Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12 He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14 Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honour of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17 so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

13:18 This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

http://www.apocalipsis.org/rev-eath.htm

As I have said before I am making no claims other than consideration of the similarities and the fact that thus far I can find no disqualifying basis that our 1st post Christian era President could be the Antichrist. Just to add to the controversy consider that while we all know the saga of Obama's former church and pastor I don't believe he has actually chosen a new official church home yet.

Here is another interesting tidbit. I don't know how true any of this is, and I heard it long ago. It is thought by some that the first man may actually have been black. At some point, arguably after the tower of Bable, as man migrated across the globe the pigmentation changed over time as an adaption to the local environment, perhaps also influenced by local food sources, but that all the colors of man are derived from the black pigmentation.

Consider that if this is all generally true it would indeed be ironic if the Antichrist turned out to be a black man, sort of the devil's attempt to start over under his dominion as it were.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:00 pm 

Obama meets all of the criteria for the antichrist. He is not even in office yet, and already those who critisize him are being squashed under the guise of racial hatred/bias, etc.

Rahm Emmanuel, who is supposedly such a devout Jew, who got a dispensation from his rabbi to work on the Sabbath, could be the false prophet. He meets most of the criteria for the false prophet. The false prophet is supposed to be a "religious" man who promotes the antichrist, but is actually the enforcer for the antichrist. I have several friends, all professional, all Jewish, who live and work in the Chicago area. In their opinion, Rahm Emmanuel is an evil man, and they do not consider him a Jew.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:14 pm 

See that's what I mean about Obama. Without going into detail too much I can rule out Rahm Emmanuel as the false prophet. He clearly holds no power to speak of in religous circles, as you point out Tiger. The false prophet would almost have to be the head of a major religous organization, such as a Pope or perhaps even a Muslim religous icon. That said, just out of coincidence Obama did pick a professing Catholic as his VP. :D

But you cannot yet rule out Obama as the Antichrist. In fact the known fact that his father was a Muslin actually fits perfectly with Scripture.

Daniel 11:37 New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.

Some have argued that "the desire of women" actually is a reference to the Muslin religion referring to the 2nd class status of women in that culture.

Daniel 11:38 New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"But instead he will honor a god of fortresses, a god whom his fathers did not know; he will honor him with gold, silver, costly stones and treasures.

Here again, the US is a new country in relative terms. And it's not hard to make the claim that this refers to great wealth and military might. And looking at it another way we all know that many electronics have gold & silver because of their conductive properties. And lasers, for example, have rubies. Years ago I spoke with the guy who invented the practical application of lasers for medical use and he said then that basically red rubies just worked the best.

Also as a coincidence, your description of Rahm Emmanuel sounds strikingly like Damien's closest adviser in the "Omen III" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omen_III:_ ... l_Conflict for what that's worth.

Last edited by Mirage on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:36 pm 

Mirage wrote:
See that's what I mean about Obama. Without going into detail too much I can rule out Rahm Emmanuel as the false prophet. He clearly holds no power to speak of in religous circles, as you point out Tiger. The false prophet would almost have to be the head of a major religous organization, such as a Pope or perhaps even a Muslim religous icon. But you cannot yet rule out Obama as the Antichrist. In fact the known fact that his father was a Muslin actually fits perfectly with Scripture.

Daniel 11:37 New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.

Some have argued that "the desire of women" actually is a reference to the Muslin religion referring to the 2nd class status of women in that culture.

Daniel 11:38 New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"But instead he will honor a god of fortresses, a god whom his fathers did not know; he will honor him with gold, silver, costly stones and treasures.

Here again, the US is a new country in relative terms. And it's not hard to make the claim that this refers to great wealth and military might.

That said, just out of coincidence Obama did pick a professing Catholic as his VP. :D

Also as a coincidence, your description of Rahm Emmanuel sounds strikingly like Damien's closest adviser in the "Omen III" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omen_III:_ ... l_Conflict for what that's worth.

Rahm Emmanuel is supposedly a very devout Jew. The Bible says the promoter of the antichrist is a religious person. I guess you can take the meaning of a religious person in differant ways. Rahm Emmanuel IS the promoter of Obama.

As for Biden, he is not a Catholic, but a Catholic in name only. He claims to be what he is not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next