Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Could Obama be the Anti-Christ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:13 am 

So I wondered what noted author Hal Lindsey had to say on the matter. Surely he would not be so quick to assume that President Obama might be the Antichrist because he has always leaned towards a European Western leader from a former Roman state to fill this role. He's what he recently posted on his website.

http://www.hallindsey.com/index.php?opt ... e&Itemid=1
Obama Youth

Georgia Rep. Paul Broun formally apologized to his constituents for comments he made concerning Barack Obama's proposed civilian security force. Broun compared it to those of a Marxist dictator.

I read through Broun's comments carefully. Broun related the historical facts concerning the use of internal security services by both the Nazis and the Soviets pretty accurately.

Where he got into hot water was when mentioned Hitler and Obama in the same sentence: "That's exactly what Hitler did in Nazi Germany and it's exactly what the Soviet Union did," Broun said. "When he's proposing to have a national security force that's answering to him, that is as strong as the U.S. military, he's showing me signs of being Marxist."

Broun was immediately denounced as a "far right nut job" by the ever-tolerant left with editorials calling for everything from his impeachment to his commitment to a mental hospital. (Sounds like he inadvertently discovered another similarity to the political climate of past dictatorships.)

I went back and read what Obama said last July: "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

Maybe Broun is a far right nut job and all that, but the fact is, both Hitler and Stalin organized para-military security forces loyal only to them – and immediately denounced any who dared criticize the plan. I don't know what Obama has in mind in the U.S., but a para-military civilian force as powerful, as strong and as well-funded as a nation's military is what they used, too.

When Obama mentioned it on the campaign trail, I thought maybe it was some kind of "red meat" being tossed to a far-left liberal audience to grab a few votes, not a formal policy. Then I read WorldNetDaily's report regarding Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel's interview outlining the vision.

(Obama's website says his civilian force will "require" middle school students to participate. Whether Broun is nuts or not, Hitler also required middle school students to join his student army, known as the Hitler Youth.)

"If you're worried about, are you going to have to do 50 jumping jacks, the answer is yes," Emanuel told the interviewer, a reporter who was podcasting for the New York Daily News at the time. "Somewhere between the age of 18 to 25 you will do three months of training. You can do it at some point in your college time," Emanuel said in the interview.

"There can be nothing wrong with all Americans having a joint, similar experience of what we call civil defense training or civil service," Rahm continued. "There will be a body of citizens who are ready, capable and trained."

Ready, capable and trained. ... Broun found some disturbing historical similarities here? REALLY! And he said them out loud! He must be punished! Even if he apologized. That's not enough!

Nope. I don't see any historical similarities developing. Clearly, Rep. Broun has slipped a couple of cogs ...

I'll have to cut this column short. I'm late for a book-burning.

You know I remember Obama making mention of this possible civilian force recently, might even have mentioned it at the economic team announcement yesterday as well. The thought did cross my mind of déjà vu.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:47 am 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
So I wondered what noted author Hal Lindsey had to say on the matter.

Hal Lindsey:wingnut kook extraordinaire!

Quote:
A later book, bearing the title The 1980s: Countdown to Armageddon, implied that the battle of Armageddon would take place in the not too distant future. Lindsey's earlier predictions all assumed that the Cold War would continue indefinitely, and had eschatological significance; he explicitly identified the former Soviet Union with the apocalyptic figure of Gog. He also assumed that the 1960s counterculture would eventually become the dominant culture, and become the source of prophesied "immorality" that would lead to the establishment of a false religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Lindsey

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:13 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Quote:
A later book, bearing the title The 1980s: Countdown to Armageddon, implied that the battle of Armageddon would take place in the not too distant future. Lindsey's earlier predictions all assumed that the Cold War would continue indefinitely, and had eschatological significance; he explicitly identified the former Soviet Union with the apocalyptic figure of Gog. He also assumed that the 1960s counterculture would eventually become the dominant culture, and become the source of prophesied "immorality" that would lead to the establishment of a false religion.

Well now we know who you align yourself with - the wrong side. ;)

Oh by the way, did you actually read the book? :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:26 pm 
Banned

Mirage wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Quote:

No,I tend to read non-fiction only.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:30 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:

That's too bad. Your Messiah wrote two fictional books about a Father he never had and another book about a past he denies and associations he disowns.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:38 pm 

Mirage wrote:
Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Quote:

Artie60438 wrote:

Really? I would have figured you to be a fan of mystery works. Or at least Hemingway. :smt003

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:46 pm 

Mirage, he won't read the book, because he might be faced with the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:36 pm 
Banned

Tiger1 wrote:

I'm waiting for that kook Mel Gibson to make it into a movie.

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:38 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

I wonder if Michael Moore will make a movie of Barack bin Obama's book, "Lies My Mom Told Me About My Father"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

How many actors ain't a little kookie. And yet voters are supposed to listen to their political endorsements and works of propaganda? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:13 am 

Artie60438 wrote:

He also assumed that the 1960s counterculture would eventually become the dominant culture, and become the source of prophesied "immorality" that would lead to the establishment of a false religion.

I don't know anything about the guy, so I have no way of knowing whether or not he is a kook, but he sure hit that one out of the park.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:12 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Quote:

Because you do not believe , does not negate the truth!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:31 am 

The false prophet is the beast of the earth while the Antichrist is the beast of the sea.

I was watching a segment that was a quick review of US history. When they came to the Lincoln part it dawned on me after all the Obama-Lincoln references that Lincoln got shot and that the Antichrist will get a mortal wound to the head. Unless this some kind of allegory referring to the decline of Rome or something. Also, they had a quote from Lincoln that he wasn't a Christian until viewing the carnage of Gettysburg, worsened by just being after the death of his own kid I'm sure.

But it dawned on me that while former Illinois Senator had represented what is called the Prairie State (a reference to the earth, of course) there's been all this controversy about whether he was born in Hawaii - an island in the sea, if you will. Interesting! Has any other US President been born on an island except for England in the early years?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:36 pm 

No. Not one. As for Obama, it is questionable as to where he was born at. I think he was born in Africa, but lived his childhood on 2 islands, Hawaii AND Indonesia.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 pm 

Could this indeed be a clue? The beast of the sea? ;)

Something else came to mind. The Vandals (A member of the Germanic people who overran Gaul and Spain and North Africa and sacked Rome in 455) were German. Both WWI & WW II were due to German aggression. Obama is half German. Not too far fetched to acknowledge a possible pattern working here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next