Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Could Obama be the Anti-Christ?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:45 pm 

Still how many would willingly follow Rahm Emmanuel even in secular circles, much less as a religous icon of Biblical proportions? As I said elsewhere I doubt he will even make it to Christmas as Chief of Staff.

As for Biden that's why I used the term professing. I'm pretty sure you can count him out for Antichrist and certainly for the false prophet. OTOH since he "prophesied" about Obama getting us into a major conflict within 6 months we will see how accurate he is. ;)

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:59 pm 

Biden is an idiot. The only reason Obama picked him, is because there is no way that Biden could ever overshadow him. But, Hilary as VP, would have completely overshadowed Obama.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:36 pm 

This is where the possible appointment of Hillary as Secretary of State becomes interesting. Will she work her tail off flying all around the globe to make Obama and the US look good with the thought of waiting for her chance to run again? Or will she become the in party opposition in the Senate to the administration and try to sour some of his programs' final passage form to make him look bad and then try to pin it on the Republicans?

The irony is that Hillary would not have beaten McCain I believe for a number of reasons, not the least of which she could have never raised over $1 1/2 bil and because it can be argued that the super delegates switched to Obama because they did not believe she could win against McCain.

Time will tell but if she gets the position I do feel she will be the most active Secretary of State ever and will broker a record number of peace deals in a fairly short time. Why not Obama? Well of course he will get his share of credit despite his lack of experience in foreign policy matters but he will be personally more focused on domestic matters like elimination of state gay marriage bans, nationalized health care, and trying to prevent religous expressions in public places. Hey wait! That kinda sounds like what that citation in Daniel said!! :shock:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:27 am 

:smt005

You guys have seen way too many Kirk Cameron movies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51 am 

Funny thing about that is I don't know that the popular end time beliefs in Christian circles is quite accurate. But that said this is actually about the right time for these things to come to pass, the world stage is set for it in fact and demanding "a savior" like never before. I can think of nothing which precludes the attempted invasion of Israel by the Russian coalition predicted in Ezekiel 38 & 39. It is also worth mentioning that notably Saudi Arabia (Dedan) is NOT on that list. This attack is generally expected by many to come during a Jewish holiday which occurs around our September - October. I have long thought that we would have troops in the region when this attack occurs, and the latest news from President Obama's people is that he wants us out of Iraq within 18 months. Given the political winds if we pull out I think it is highly unlikely we would ever re-enter.

In fact without going off topic there are also other interesting references in Ezekiel and other books which may come in to a whole new light to some were it to be true that Obama is indeed the Antichrist, some quite alarming.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:36 pm 

Obama and McCain were trying to steal the hope diamond... duh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:15 pm 

Mirage wrote:
As for Biden ... I'm pretty sure you can count him out for Antichrist

Plus, it's hard to envision an Antichrist with hair plugs.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:13 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Guess he can't say he's the President but he is a client.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:11 am 

deelight wrote:
Obama and McCain were trying to steal the hope diamond... duh.

Not that it's on topic but I find it kinda funny, speaking of "hope," as in a famous former resident of Hope, Arkansas being in the news. It seems that if Hillary is to get a high cabinet position even some Dems wanna know where some of that money came from that went into his organization.

Did the Clintons help...well I won't say steal in this context...procure the election by drumming up foreign contributions perhaps illegally? If it took over $1 bil to "win" the Presidency it becomes a very valid question.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:17 am 

tater wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Guess he can't say he's the President but he is a client.

Who's to say that real hair restoration won't be one of the first works of the false prophet? :mrgreen:

But you know come to think of it in Revelation it talks about sorceries, which I am told can also refer to drugs. If we know anything there has indeed been plenty of false promises of cures from our drug companies. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:50 pm 

November 20, 2008
Obama's Mug on D.C. Subway Cards for Inauguration
@ 3:22 pm by Walter Alarkon
The subway system in Washington, D.C., is making fare cards featuring President-elect Barack Obama's image to commemorate his inauguration as the 44th president.

SmarTrip cards with Obama's smiling face will be available in January, Metro spokesman Stephen Taubenkibel told DCist. Regular fare cards marking the Jan. 20 inauguration will be available in late December.

Images of the Obama card were shown at a recent Metro Board of Directors meeting. See the mock-up below, first posted on DCist.
November 20, 2008
Obama's Mug on D.C. Subway Cards for Inauguration
@ 3:22 pm by Walter Alarkon
The subway system in Washington, D.C., is making fare cards featuring President-elect Barack Obama's image to commemorate his inauguration as the 44th president.

SmarTrip cards with Obama's smiling face will be available in January, Metro spokesman Stephen Taubenkibel told DCist. Regular fare cards marking the Jan. 20 inauguration will be available in late December.

Images of the Obama card were shown at a recent Metro Board of Directors meeting. See the mock-up below, first posted on DCist.
http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008/11 ... uguration/

One of the comments was this:"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments." (RSV Exodus 20:3-6).
and this:Perhaps the swearing-in should be at the Lincoln Memorial and Hussein Obama could walk on water at the Reflecting Pool to his own inaguration? And for maximum effect, he could weat a tattered robe and crown of thorns? Just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 pm 

Gunslinger wrote:
Perhaps the swearing-in should be at the Lincoln Memorial and Hussein Obama could walk on water at the Reflecting Pool to his own inaguration? And for maximum effect, he could wear a tattered robe and crown of thorns? Just a thought.

Don't forget the scourging at the Washington Monument.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:04 am 

Well this certainly puts the Denver even in perspective, now doesn't it? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:05 am 

Hey, I was searching for a different Bible passage and came upon this interesting chapter (below). It is very interesting because we know that this book was written before the time of Christ, yet it apples to modern times.

Amos 9 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
[A Public Domain Bible] [KJV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

Amos 9

1I saw the LORD standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.

2Though they dig into hell, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:

3And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them:

4And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.

5And the Lord GOD of hosts is he that toucheth the land, and it shall melt, and all that dwell therein shall mourn: and it shall rise up wholly like a flood; and shall be drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.

6It is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name.

7Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

8Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

9For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

10All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

11In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

12That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

13Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.

14And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.

15And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

So heathens being called by the name of the Lord? Also, it was a prophesy about Israel being rebuilt which happened some time between 1948 and 1967 and continues even today. So where is Edom? And who are the Edomites? Is it possible this perhaps refers to Palestinian Christians? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:07 am 

While searching for something else I stumbled upon this related to President-elect Obama:

http://redblueamerica.com/blog/2008-08- ... anded-4234

My name is African swahili

No because in your books you admit that you were named in the arabic first. In total fact, your full name means Blessing from the Handsome Crooked one. You can verify this through the Kenyan Embassy and request a translation of Barrack H. Obama’s name as it would mean in Kenya!

So I tried to get a translator and see what I came up with but found these referenced below instead. Actually, I joked in the other post that this could mean Obama was a gift of the Devil but these sites actually claim that's exactly what it might mean.

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/kovach/080723
July 23, 2008

Obama name shocker: "crooked"

Is there prophetic meaning in Obama's name?

By Tom Kovach

The Holy Bible is full of examples of people who had names with prophetic meaning. In fact, every person in the Bible has a name that carries a meaning relevant to the story. My favorite example is from 1st Samuel 15, where a man named Nabal picked a fight with David's militia. The name Nabal means "fool."

I have written previously about the meaning of the name of Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmedi-Nejad. (Although it is commonly written as all one word, his family name is actually a compound word.) Every time the president of Iran signs his paycheck, he looks down and reads in Farsi: "the praiseworthy descendant of the one most highly to be praised." Is it any wonder, then, that he has such an enormous ego as to consider himself prophetically ordained to destroy Israel?

In most cultures of the world, the naming of children is taken very seriously. Many cultures do as the Hebrews did during Bible times, attaching prophetic significance to a person's name. That is also the case with the Luo people of the Nyanza province of southwestern Kenya.

That is the ethnic group from which American presidential candidate Senator Barack Hussein Obama descends. The senator's father, a Muslim, gave his son names from the Arabic language. The first name Barack means "blessing." (Oddly, in the Hebrew language, the same word, barak, means "lightning." For the Bible significance, see Luke 10:18.) The senator's middle name means "handsome." But, the last name Obama does not come from Arabic. It comes from the Luo language.

It means "crooked." [1]

Really. Obama means "crooked," "zigzag," or "not in a straight line." So, the meaning of his entire name — as it would be understood by diplomats from Africa or the Arab world — is: "the blessing from the handsome one that is crooked."

So... is his name prophetic, or mere coincidence?

NOTES:

[1] Obtaining a reliable translation from the Luo language — which is spoken by only 13 percent of the people of Kenya — proved difficult. There is no complete Luo-English dictionary. Two professors of African studies at universities in the United States were not able to provide the translation. The staff of the Embassy of Kenya was reluctant to even discuss the Luo language with me, much less provide a translation. (As it turns out, there has been ethnic rioting in the street, because the supporters of the second-place presidential candidate believe the election was "stolen" by fraud. The second-place candidate, and the rioters, came from the Luo tribe. Hmmmmmmmm.) A reliable translation finally came from a professor of linguistics that grew up in Kenya and is a Luo speaker.

© Tom Kovach

http://barnabasnagy.com/2008/08/11/obam ... ntichrist/
Obama - the name means crooked, the antichrist
2008-08-11, 17:45:03Barnabas Nagy
As you could read in my previous posts about the meaning of the name Barack then about Hussein now I shed light on what Obama, the family name of the presidential candidate means. After a quick search I could find out that Obama is Luo word that is used in Kenya where Obama’s father is from. In the Luo language “o” means “he” and “bama” means “crooked”. So Obama means “he who is crooked”.

Now let us sum up what Barack Hussein Obama means. Here is wisdom, Barack = blessing of god + Hussein = good and handsome + Obama = crooked SUM: “blessing of god from the good and handsome one that is crooked” in other words, all that the candidate stands for, the blessing of god and goodness is crooked. So he is not at all the blessing of god - but course he will state this as he already did on this video: link. And he he is not at all good as he claims with his policies, and maybe his face will also change from “handsome” to something crooked and ugly as the scripture speaks about him as a beast, further on “having a fatal wound” - this can mean that the charming face will change into a harsh dictator distortion. (note that I’m married, and therefore straight, so I don’t really know how handsome is the senator, but I see that he is not ugly, having normal forms both face and body, and a nice smile.)

All of the above mentioned things, the meaning of his name supports the idea that he is the antianointed (antichrist) that is soon to come. in addition to my post Why Obama is the antichrist? The number of his name: 666 I realized that what I wrote about the average counting of the letters of his name I used the word AVG what I said is the usual abbreviation of average, but furthermore is also the name of the more and more popular ANTIvirus. Their name stems from their first product the Anti-Virus Guard - now I don’t joke but god really hints and gives symbols in numerous ways and I think this includes that this AVG counting symbol stands for the ANTI-CHRIST - even quite seriously since the senator claims or at least hints healing for the nation - AVG “heals” computer viruses, Obama, the crooked “heals” the nation(s).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next