Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: HELP WANTED ADS THAT CRACK YOU UP...For Fun!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:05 pm 
Banned

I just ran across an ad in a newspaper (local) that cracked me up! I decided we needed a forum where we find stupid "Want ADs...." that would make us either wonder "what's up with that...? Or, Ridiculous!

I ran across an ad that called for a "nanny" to work, overseeing homework, producing results, drive kids to sports events, cook and clean, and make sure they get to their after-school-activites. Must drive and attend all three children's various after school athletic school activities, valid license (no crap!) and light housekeeping, attend all school and outside activities. Must be willing to work all through school hours and some weekends.

Parents operate on "school schedule."

After reading that ad, I wondered: why did they have children? You have children when the time is right to do the above without a nanny. You must participate in the job description provided for a "nanny." What a butt-joke. My morales are: if you can't do at least 1/2 of what you demand from a "Nanny," you have no business having children.

Children need their parents...no subsitutes, no amount of toys can take the place of parental involvment. Just because you work, make big money....hire a nanny...doesn't make you a good parent. Thanks for the laugh. Good luck.

Please feel free to share your "Help Wanted Ads That Make You Laugh!"

Oh, one ad that runs repeatedly is describing how you must do housework, SOME (in bold, underlined type) laundry; love Labradors. That ad ran at least five to six times since January, 2007....guess ya gotta love LABS and do SOME laundry.

Oh, to be able to appease these wondrous people! I have to laugh. :P

I need laughs back from you....what are the ads repeatedly exposed in the Times or the Post-Trib that really irk you, but make you laugh? :P

What's most outrageous ad you've read that made you laugh or.....look like this: :roll:

Post subject: Re: HELP WANTED ADS THAT CRACK YOU UP...For Fun!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:27 am 

Hell I would take that job. Easy money :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:03 pm 

Maid in Manhattan (2002)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252076/

The Nanny Diaries (2007)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489237/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:37 pm 
Banned

Herald News (Out in Manhattan on various occasions): Wanted, landscaper. Must be able to read a tape measurer. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:11 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:57 am 
Banned

Penny-Saver, Mokena area, last Monday:

Wanted - Female Caregiver one day a week for a 400 lb. man.

(Gee, wonder what he needs one day a week only for?) :smt026

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:53 pm 
Banned

Craig's List: Caregiver wanted. No pay, just a place to live and take care of our Aunt Alice. She has no money (so, how does she eat, or the caregiver?)

Room and board is free....

Not mocking this ad, I replied and gave advice: DHS will give support and pay the bill for poor Aunt Alice who lives in Orland Park, IL but unable to pay her help. Another source was given: Visiting nurses of Illinois, or contact the human resources. The problem was, Aunt Alice would not be allowed to leave the hospital unless the family came up with a plan for 24 hour care.

I saw this as an opportunity for no one to fall for and informed the family of various resources they could turn to. I am not mocking the family; they had no idea such resources were available. Aunt Alice is now happily in her home and being taken care of by the appropriate agencies. Aunt Alice worked all her life and deserved to stay in her home.

The family is so grateful; I get free prayers forever from them. Aunt Alice paid her dues...she shouldn't have to give up her home to spend her last days stuck in a hospital....it's all about sharing what you know. Good LUCK Aunt Alice.