Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Coats, GOP locals smell victory Nov. 2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:02 pm 

Coats, GOP locals smell victory Nov. 2

SCHERERVILLE | Local Republicans brimmed with optimism Saturday morning over their party's chances in the upcoming midterm elections and were more than ready for U.S. Senate candidate Dan Coats' keynote message.

"We are on the cusp of victory," Coats told a crowd of about 300 in the Patrician Hall at the fifth annual Reagan Breakfast.

He warned state and local candidates and their supporters, however, to guard against a false sense of security.

"We have a lot to do in 30 days. Victory is not assured by fancy speeches or candidates' commercials and signs. Victory is assured by the people like you, willing to come out of your homes and businesses and neighborhoods to contribute, sign up to work for the candidate of your choice, make sure people are registered to vote, get the candidates messages in the hands of voters and get them out to vote on Election Day," he said.

Coats – who represented Indiana in the U.S. Senate from 1989 to 1999, served as U.S. ambassador to Germany and worked as a lobbyist in Washington, D.C. – will face off Nov. 2 against U.S. Rep. Brad Ellsworth, D-Evansville, to replace outgoing Sen. Evan Bayh.

Coats joined Charlie White, Republican candidate for Indiana secretary of state, and Tim Berry, Republican candidate for state auditor, in a plea to get out the vote Nov. 2 to boost the GOP into control of the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington and the Statehouse in Indianapolis.

Lake County Republican Chairwoman Kim Krull told the audience she must have appeared crazy last year when she accepted the job as head "of a party that hasn't won a countywide race in decades."

She recounted a long line of Democratic leaders convicted of public corruption including "newly convicted felon Democratic mayor of East Chicago George Pabey," and said others would work "to win more races in Lake County so we can finally have a two-party system and so Lake County can become the premier county to locate a business or family."

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject: Re: Coats, GOP locals smell victory Nov. 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:32 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Coats, GOP locals smell victory Nov. 2

SCHERERVILLE | Local Republicans brimmed with optimism Saturday morning over their party's chances in the upcoming midterm elections and were more than ready for U.S. Senate candidate Dan Coats' keynote message.

"We are on the cusp of victory," Coats told a crowd of about 300 in the Patrician Hall at the fifth annual Reagan Breakfast.

He warned state and local candidates and their supporters, however, to guard against a false sense of security.

"We have a lot to do in 30 days. Victory is not assured by fancy speeches or candidates' commercials and signs. Victory is assured by the people like you, willing to come out of your homes and businesses and neighborhoods to contribute, sign up to work for the candidate of your choice, make sure people are registered to vote, get the candidates messages in the hands of voters and get them out to vote on Election Day," he said.

Coats – who represented Indiana in the U.S. Senate from 1989 to 1999, served as U.S. ambassador to Germany and worked as a lobbyist in Washington, D.C. – will face off Nov. 2 against U.S. Rep. Brad Ellsworth, D-Evansville, to replace outgoing Sen. Evan Bayh.

Coats joined Charlie White, Republican candidate for Indiana secretary of state, and Tim Berry, Republican candidate for state auditor, in a plea to get out the vote Nov. 2 to boost the GOP into control of the U.S. House of Representatives in Washington and the Statehouse in Indianapolis.

Lake County Republican Chairwoman Kim Krull told the audience she must have appeared crazy last year when she accepted the job as head "of a party that hasn't won a countywide race in decades."

She recounted a long line of Democratic leaders convicted of public corruption including "newly convicted felon Democratic mayor of East Chicago George Pabey," and said others would work "to win more races in Lake County so we can finally have a two-party system and so Lake County can become the premier county to locate a business or family."

sounds like kim is doing a great job! i think she gets it. don't "shut your trap" kim. Keep hitting 'em!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:35 am 

I wish there was a third candidate for Senate.

But yes, I agree Kim Krull seems like she's doing a good job. I may not be a Republican or always vote for Republican candidates, but I do sometimes and I want the choice!
Keep putting credible candidates on the ballot, Kim.
I think you've got a real chance of scoring a Republican win for the first time in a half century.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:05 pm 

Bill Fine running for County Judge is scrupulosly honest and highly competent like Hank Adams

Paras is just as much a schleeze as Carol Ann Seaton and has been repeatedly charged with messing with his clients funds and bank accounts.

Vote for Bill Fine for Judge.

Flush the crooks down the toilet and out of Lake County government

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:28 pm 

not only did paras think he could get away with 2 homestead exemptions, he was "reprimanded and admonished for misconduct" while practicing law! Is this what we want sitting on a bench making judgements on people? http://www.lexisone.com/lx1/caselaw/fre ... 1loc=FCLOW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:36 pm 

I got an email from the Libertarian party and went to their website. They ran a poll and Coats had almost as many votes as their guy. Considering who was likely to respond that was telling. The Dem had almost no votes BTW. :mrgreen:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:40 am 

freetime wrote:
I wish there was a third candidate for Senate.

I wish I could have ran, but sadly I am not a millionaire and can afford to spend millions of my own money and be able to drive around the state raising cash to run

That is the problem with politics right now, only the rich can run for state and federal offices, which is why you will never see a viable 3rd party candidate either, they simply do not have the cash to run