Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drink at home this Friday
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:22 am 

I don't know how someone who is a liberal at heart on many issues like myself can agree so strongly with what Moby just said.Maybe I'm more of a libertarian than liberal?
But seriously, we as a free people need to put a stop to this gradual encroachment on our lives. What's particularly frightening to me are people like Karen, who think it's a reasonable thing to tell people to just not go out if you don't like what the police are doing to us.
That's NOT the answer!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:49 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
karent wrote:
Sounds like staying at home whether or not you drink would be a good idea, free.

Just curious...how would you feel if the police could just waltz into your house without ANY cause, go through all your things?

which they pretty much can now anyway.

how many of your rights are you willing to give up to feel safe?

do you feel safe?

Interesting case in point. There's a guy in FL who was asleep in bed with his wife. Masked robbers broke in through a window. Homeowner shot 2 of the 4 killing 1. Under the Stand Our Ground (self defense) law the sheriff and DA says he was 100% right and there will be no charges on that.

HOWEVER, in the course of investigating the shooting they found drugs in the home and DO want to prosecute him for that! :roll:

Now that is certainly a no win situation. He shoots he has to report it. He allows them to break in and assuming they only rob him he's supposed to report it but if he doesn't maybe he doesn't face drug charges, unless of course they kill someone in the house. So there again he has to report it. It just isn't right IMO to bring charges against someone for a minor offense when the reason the cops were called had nothing at all to do with the minor offense and the owner was required by law to report.

So no just staying home minding your own business won't even keep out out of trouble with the law anymore.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 pm 

Yes, I feel safe in my home.

Free - have you never heard of tongue in cheek? Quite frankly, I was agreeing with the title of this thread.

BTW - I'm going out tomorrow - hope there are no roadblocks in Valpo tomorrow evening!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:45 pm 

Well your humor escaped me and some others.
As for the roadblocks in Valpo, I don't know. I've only seen them announced for Lake County.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:23 pm 

Not even a "have a good time anyway"? I'm crushed. BTW - that was sarcasm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:45 pm 

I'm sorry. I take this subject very seriously, so I can't find much funny about it.
But yes, do have a good time at home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:18 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Just curious...how would you feel if the police could just waltz into your house without ANY cause, go through all your things? which they pretty much can now anyway.

The USA PATRIOT Act (commonly known as the "Patriot Act") is an Act of the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001.
The Act dramatically reduced restrictions on law enforcement agencies' ability to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

The USA PATRIOT Act (commonly known as the "Patriot Act") is an Act of the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001.
The Act dramatically reduced restrictions on law enforcement agencies' ability to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records.

Chuckdolt..the topic is DUI roadblocks. Believe it or not, we understand how "DON'T LABEL ME" Chuckdolt feels about Bush, Republicans, & conservatives. We get it Dimchuck. So.... for a change... can you give the broken record a f***** rest and express an actual, original opinion on the actual topic? Do you have an original opinion on the topic? Amaze and surprise us .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:22 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
Just curious...how would you feel if the police could just waltz into your house without ANY cause, go through all your things? which they pretty much can now anyway.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:24 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:

... and your friends in congress for the last four years and your Messiah in the White House for the last two years have had quite a while to change that, but they haven't, have they?
So what's your point, 'mo'?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:52 am 

What does a photo-shopped aluminum foil hat have to do with being concerned about a police state robbing us of our freedoms?

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:02 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
karent wrote:
Sounds like staying at home whether or not you drink would be a good idea, free.

Just curious...how would you feel if the police could just waltz into your house without ANY cause, go through all your things?

which they pretty much can now anyway.

do you feel safe?

Especially if you're a renter police are getting dangerously close to being able to do just that.

As I cited earlier no matter the reason for entry once they have entered there's little to prevent them from snooping around, which is exactly what the 4th amendment was meant to prevent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:21 pm 

State police to conduct DUI checkpoint Friday

By Times Staff nwi.com | Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 11:15 am | (8) Comments

Indiana State Police for the Lowell district will conduct a sobriety checkpoint Friday night, officials said Tuesday.

Drivers encountering a checkpoint will be required to produce a valid license and registration. Motorists who are not impaired can expect only short delays of two to three minutes, police said.

If all of the information is correct and there is no other reason to be detained, drivers will be released. After the checkpoint is complete, troopers will conduct roving saturation patrols aimed at seeking impaired drivers throughout the district.

Troopers are encouraging all motorists to call 911 or the closest Indiana State Police post if they see a motorist who may be impaired. Callers should be prepared to give a description of the vehicle, location and direction of travel.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21 pm 

State police to conduct Lake Co. sobriety checkpoint

By Times Staff nwi.com | Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:36 am | (33) Comments

The Lowell District of the Indiana State Police will conduct a sobriety checkpoint Dec. 15, officials announced Thursday.

Drivers encountering a checkpoint will be required to produce a valid driver's license and registration. Motorists that are not impaired can expect delays of two to three minutes while passing through the checkpoint.

If all information is correct and there is no other reason to be detained, drivers will be released.

After the checkpoint, troopers will conduct roving saturation patrols seeking impaired drivers throughout the district.

Troopers are encouraging all motorists to call 911 or the closest Indiana State Police post if they see an impaired motorist. Callers should be prepared to give a description of the vehicle, location and direction of travel.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:46 pm 

Probably doing this (announced and unannounced) through the holidays. Maybe I'm naive, but as long as you do what you're supposed to, they shouldn't cause you any trouble.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next