Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What the City of Gary needs to hear!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:13 am 

As i listen to Gary talk radio all i hear is "We don't want outsiders taking over our City". I say that is fine. This last claim by the NAACP that the RBA and the RDA is a perfect example. The NAACP called the RBA and RDA racist. Just because those two agencies were no longer going to feed the bottomless pit, known as Gary Public Transportation. If Gary wants the money. Gary would have to join in regional transportation. I say Gary needs to either sink or swim on their own. This business of every time Gary does not get what they want. They charge racism. And if you live in a city that does things in the best interest of YOUR COMMUNITY. And Gary does not agree. That is considered racism to citizens of Gary. Yet if Gary does things in the best interest of their citizens (LAUGH). That is what is supposed to happen . Can you name one elected official that would have the guts to say what i said to Gary? I didn't even discuss the joke of GPTC wanting to operate a county wide bus service. They are mismanaged NOW!!!!

Post subject: Re: What the City of Gary needs to hear!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 pm 

Tha sad part of this is that the people who need the buses will suffer.
I'm not a huge fan of the RDA but I think the RBA is doing OK with the regional buses. Hammond is going to be getting more bus service since the RBA assumed control.
I really don't understand why the people in Gary are claiming racism on this. It makes no sense.
A regionalized bus system makes good sense.
I hope the people in Gary come to their senses and realize the RBA plan is the only way for them to continue to provide bus service to their citizens.
When I saw Richard Hatcher's name in the group protesting the RBA plan , I knew no good would come of this. Hasn't he done enough for Gary?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:14 am 

freetime wrote:

I really don't understand why the people in Gary are claiming racism on this.

and you call yourself ''informed''...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:19 pm 

You must understand one thing. When the members of the black population get their hands on anything, they keep it to themselves and dare anyone to try and take it away. You must remember this. The blacks assume that what they have is there's and they do not share. Plus they feel there are people out there waiting to take things away from them. In most cases they have nothing to fear, but still they conitue to live by those thoughts.
For this RDA and the RBA, I have some thoughts about these two groups. They have sprung up from nowhere
and have taken over some areas like a sandstorm. So if I and others have doubts and questions about these two groups, we can't ask anyone to jump on board without more information. Another thing that disturbes me is the name of Richard Hatcher in the scene. This man is responsible for the complete total destruction of Gary.
If he had been given an active part in either of these mentioned two groups, he would jumped on the bandwagon and exclaimed they were great. Unless one would know the inner workings of Gary you would never believe the things this character did in the past. At present he wants to keep the Hatcher name in the limelight as much as possible, because he's priming his daughter for a run as Mayor of Gary.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:25 pm 

I think they are making a mistake with the Gary transit system.
Hammond's bus service is improving and expanding with the involvement of the RBA. The city did not lose a thing.
The only way Gary transit is going to survive is to take the RBA's offer.
What do they think they have to lose on it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:23 am 

You say what does Gary expect to loose in the bus deal with the RBA? They want that complete control of the buses without interference. They control the spending and the hiring. All others are outsiders. One must admit one thing. The equipment is in good condition and is kept clean in the most part. Schedules are on time and maybe someone at Gary knows more about the RBA than we do. I have said from the beginning the RBA and the RDA came out of nowhere to satisfy a few to make money thru new jobs they created for themselves.
One strange thing from the origination of the RDA. Wasn't the first Chairman from Fort Wayne? That's stramge if my thoughts are correct.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:35 am 

Not only does Gary want complete control in whatever they are involved in. I will take it one step further. It does not even matter if what they are involved in is successful. Just as long as they are in control. That is the reason you will hear Gary elected officials and others talk about "giving away their assets". There is this paranoid thought out there that the white man is going to come back and take over Gary. Just talk to anyone who has done business dealings with the City of Gary. Which i have.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:55 pm 

bigdog wrote:
As i listen to Gary talk radio all i hear is "We don't want outsiders taking over our City". I say that is fine. This last claim by the NAACP that the RBA and the RDA is a perfect example. The NAACP called the RBA and RDA racist. Just because those two agencies were no longer going to feed the bottomless pit, known as Gary Public Transportation. If Gary wants the money. Gary would have to join in regional transportation. I say Gary needs to either sink or swim on their own. This business of every time Gary does not get what they want. They charge racism. And if you live in a city that does things in the best interest of YOUR COMMUNITY. And Gary does not agree. That is considered racism to citizens of Gary. Yet if Gary does things in the best interest of their citizens (LAUGH). That is what is supposed to happen . Can you name one elected official that would have the guts to say what i said to Gary? I didn't even discuss the joke of GPTC wanting to operate a county wide bus service. They are mismanaged NOW!!!!

I say Gary needs to either sink or swim on their own.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:56 pm 

You mention what you hear on the Gary Radio station? Is that still operating? Years ago they had a white dude on a morning talk show that laid it into them. They did everything to get rid if him but he hung on. He went after Hatcher tooth and nail. What they need to shape up, is another person that is not afraid of their BS.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:02 pm 

newsflashkid wrote:
You mention what you hear on the Gary Radio station? Is that still operating? Years ago they had a white dude on a morning talk show that laid it into them. They did everything to get rid if him but he hung on. He went after Hatcher tooth and nail. What they need to shape up, is another person that is not afraid of their BS.

You might have been thinking of this guy. He was on WLNR in Lansing.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... id=6355282

Quote:
Illinois talk show host fired in attack on Jerry Williams
By Chicago Tribune, 5/24/1985

Radio talk-show host Warren Freiberg was fired Wednesday from his $60,000-a-year job at the Lansing, Ill., station WLNR after he squirted liquid soap into the eyes of WRKO-Boston\'s Jerry Williams during a guest appearance on "A.M. Chicago" on WLS-TV (ABC).

Freiberg, who had been with WLNR for 11 years, was one of five guests on a program devoted to "outrageous talk show hosts." Throughout the show, Freiberg, known for his conservative political leanings, traded barbs with Williams, known for his irreverent, liberal stance. Toward the end of the show, Freiberg announced that he was sick of Williams, stood and splattered liquid soap on Williams\' face and shirt. Williams retaliated by knocking Freiberg to the floor, and WLS-TV quickly cut to a commercial. Williams was treated for minor eye irritation.

"I have no regrets," Freiberg said. "I was only doing what a lot of good Americans would have wanted to do to Jerry Williams."

Johnson, a black-owned media conglomerate that publishes Jet magazine, bought WLNR earlier this year and took control of the station two weeks ago. Speculation within the industry is that Freiberg, whose tirades on racial matters frequently angered black leaders, would probably have been released from his job soon anyway

Williams said Wednesday afternoon that he is "considering legal action" against Freiberg.

http://www.jerrywilliams.org/article-de ... 20Williams

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:12 pm 

No he was just a big blow hard. He only talked big and did nothing. The one I was mentioning went after Hatcher and wouldn't back off. Hatcher stated he lost the election because of him.
This fellow was fired because he said the new station owner was a crook and he proved it.
All this was in the Gary Tribune about 20 years ago. By the way I remember the station owner went to jail. I have to get out of here at present. This board is fun. especially when they post the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:42 am 

GPTC AGAIN VOTES TO DEFER CONSOLIDATION. I NEED TO HEAR FROM MORE THAN ONE ELECTED OFFICIAL TELL GARY WHAT GARY NEEDS TO HEAR. GARY YOU NEED TO EITHER SINK OR SWIM ON YOUR OWN!!! AND NO YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE IN CHARGE!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:56 pm 

What do you base the decision of who should be in charge on what if any rational? The RBA is made-up of folks with what qualification?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 pm 

About the RBA. Their Chairman has been the president of Calumet College. That job is a far cry from running a bus company. Just like the RDA. There first Chairman lived in Fort Wayne. He was appointed by the Governor. Guess the Gov didn't trust anyone living in Lake County.
Matter of fact, who trusts anyone from Lake County when it comes to politics or appointed positions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:27 pm 

newsflashkid wrote:
Matter of fact, who trusts anyone from Lake County when it comes to politics or appointed positions.

The same conclusion could be drawn for Chicago politicians, yet look who they put in the White House.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke