Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Clay opposes pay cuts for officials who make more than 50K
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:17 pm 

No surprise here. Rudy is opposed to 5% pay cuts for himself and his well connected cronies. It's no wonder that Gary is in such bad shape when boneheads like him are in charge. Rudy seems determined to milk every last penny out of Gary before the city goes into receivership and is taken over by the state.
http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/1947772,gary-monitor-t1219.article
According to the addendum, City Hall said it would be unfair to force employees making more than $50,000 annually to take a 5 percent pay cut and furlough days.The pay cut would save $64,000 annually, the report says. Depending on the number of furloughs, the city could save from $68,000 to $204,000."I do not think that the fiscal monitors or the Distressed Unit Appeals Board expected the city to accept everything that the fiscal monitor recommended," Mayor Rudy Clay said, "and we don't."

Hey Rudy,the state and the taxpayers believe you should do whatever it takes to fix Gary's financial problems, including cutting the pay of your pals.

Post subject: Re: Clay opposes pay cuts for officials who make more than 50K
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:14 pm 

Why did they even bother doing the study if they weren't going to follow recommendations?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:46 am 

karent wrote:
Why did they even bother doing the study if they weren't going to follow recommendations?

Last year, we saw Mayor Clay and a group of Gary city employees having their Christmas party at a restaurant in Hammond. When the city's Mayor won't support their local businesses, there's a big problem. A 5% pay cut for someone who makes 50 K a year is $50 bucks a week. Rudy doesn't have any problems with Gary having the poorest residents of the state paying the highest property taxes in the state as long as his buddies don't have to give up one cent of their salaries.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:36 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:05 am 

Why is it that Rudy didn't foot the bill for an extravagant gala bash for OSCAR winner Karl Malden when he died?

3 guesses....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:12 am 

sparks wrote:
karent wrote:

Last year, we saw Mayor Clay and a group of Gary city employees having their Christmas party at a restaurant in Hammond. When the city's Mayor won't support their local businesses, there's a big problem. A 5% pay cut for someone who makes 50 K a year is $50 bucks a week. Rudy doesn't have any problems with Gary having the poorest residents of the state paying the highest property taxes in the state as long as his buddies don't have to give up one cent of their salaries.

I think Rudy is behaving horribly.
I suppose they would say there isn't a decent restaurant in Gary to have their party at, but they could have gone to Majestic if they weren't fighting over money with Barden.
That Hummer nonsense and now the opposition to the pay cut tells me Rudy is really out of touch these days.
It's sad, really.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:25 am 

freetime wrote:
That Hummer nonsense and now the opposition to the pay cut tells me Rudy is really out of touch these days.
It's sad, really.

good grief....this is a self proclaimed informed voter folks!...

tell me free...did you vote for obama?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:57 am 

Well I guess you really can't ask these types of questions when you got a Governor like "My Man Mitch".. Why are we spending money in Chicago instead of Indiana Mitch? Politicians are all the same!

Quote:
Indianapolis Times
Gov. Mitch Daniels claims he isn't running for president, but he's taking his show on the road early next month for a big ticket fundraiser in Chicago to benefit his Aiming Higher PAC.

According to the fundraiser invitation:

Governor Daniels will share his governing approach, Indiana's story, and his new mission to "promote results, ideas, and candidates that focus on government reform and serving taxpayers." This mission will be supported by the Governor's Aiming Higher PAC. Now is the time to support the Governor with his continued progress and legacy of change!

"An Evening with Mitch Daniels," with a top ticket price of $5,000, is being hosted by such luminaries as former Illinois Gov. Jim Thompson, former U.S. Attorney Ty Fahner, former Indiana State Rep. Dan Dumezich, who's considering a run against U.S. Sen Evan Bayh, Barnes & Thornburg's Bob Grand, Marion County Republican Party Chairman Tom John and Indiana GOP Chairman Murray Clark.

The event takes place on Dec. 4 at the law offices of Mayer, Brown LLP.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:36 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
freetime wrote:
It's sad, really.

good grief....this is a self proclaimed informed voter folks!...

tell me free...did you vote for obama?

What the hell does that have to do with Rudy Clay?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:44 pm 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
Well I guess you really can't ask these types of questions when you got a Governor like "My Man Mitch".. Why are we spending money in Chicago instead of Indiana Mitch? Politicians are all the same!

Quote:
Indianapolis Times
Gov. Mitch Daniels claims he isn't running for president, but he's taking his show on the road early next month for a big ticket fundraiser in Chicago to benefit his Aiming Higher PAC.

According to the fundraiser invitation:

Governor Daniels will share his governing approach, Indiana's story, and his new mission to "promote results, ideas, and candidates that focus on government reform and serving taxpayers." This mission will be supported by the Governor's Aiming Higher PAC. Now is the time to support the Governor with his continued progress and legacy of change!

"An Evening with Mitch Daniels," with a top ticket price of $5,000, is being hosted by such luminaries as former Illinois Gov. Jim Thompson, former U.S. Attorney Ty Fahner, former Indiana State Rep. Dan Dumezich, who's considering a run against U.S. Sen Evan Bayh, Barnes & Thornburg's Bob Grand, Marion County Republican Party Chairman Tom John and Indiana GOP Chairman Murray Clark.

The event takes place on Dec. 4 at the law offices of Mayer, Brown LLP.

I don't care which party it is, money is the mother's milk of politics.
Despite this and several other issues with Mitch, I still think he was worth the vote if only for the tax caps.
Does anyone really think that would have happened on its own?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:44 pm 

freetime wrote:
Despite this and several other issues with Mitch, I still think he was worth the vote if only for the tax caps.Does anyone really think that would have happened on its own?

Mitch knew that the tax caps were the only way to stop wasteful spending and corruption in local government.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:32 pm 

sparks wrote:
Mitch knew that the tax caps were the only way to stop wasteful spending and corruption in local government.

Not the only way, but the only way for another useless Governor who doesn't have the guts to STOP the corruption! "My Man Mitch" isn't any different than any other politician!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:41 pm 

freetime wrote:

Despite this and several other issues with Mitch, I still think he was worth the vote if only for the tax caps.
Does anyone really think that would have happened on its own?

Pay no attention you can't fix stupid!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:35 am 

Politician's R Liars wrote:

Not the only way, but the only way for another useless Governor who doesn't have the guts to STOP the corruption! "My Man Mitch" isn't any different than any other politician!

I didn't know it was in the Governor's job description to stop corruption in Lake County. I thought that was the responsibility of the people who live here. And if you don't help to vote out the corruption by voting, getting people to vote out incumbents, or run for public office yourself, then it's your fault! Don't blame Mitch for a problem that we have created and continue to perpetrate!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:19 pm 

:smt005 :smt005