Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Clay opposes pay cuts for officials who make more than 50K
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:36 pm 

Dick_Tracy wrote:
I didn't know it was in the Governor's job description to stop corruption in Lake County. I thought that was the responsibility of the people who live here. And if you don't help to vote out the corruption by voting, getting people to vote out incumbents, or run for public office yourself, then it's your fault! Don't blame Mitch for a problem that we have created and continue to perpetrate!

So you don't think it's the Governor's job to make certain the people that work for him and for the taxpayers of this state investigate and prosecute government corruption in Indiana? Hmm, well I guess if that makes you feel better you go on believing that. It may not directly be his "job", but indirectly I believe it is! Who might you suggest to investigate government corruption then, the citizens? Maybe we should develop a special "citizens government corruption police squad" to do this job then. Because according to you there is nobody doing it now, or at least it isn't anyone's job according to you. Isn't this like passing the buck, like "My Man Mitch" is doing. Especially when he's made a number of public talks about corruption, specifically in NW Indiana. You know, like when he came to NW Indiana and basically told all of us NW Indiana scum we were on our own because NW Indiana is corrupt, then he turned his back and walked away. But you go on loving your politician, I hope he makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Oh and if you think your little vote in Lake County matters I got some more bad news for you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:25 am 

freetime wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
freetime wrote:
That Hummer nonsense and now the opposition to the pay cut tells me Rudy is really out of touch these days.
It's sad, really.

good grief....this is a self proclaimed informed voter folks!...

tell me free...did you vote for obama?

What the hell does that have to do with Rudy Clay?

Nothing. Moby is too dumb to discuss the topic so he tries to take the thread off-topic with his endless whining about Obama. What's really pathetic is none of the whackjobs on this board that hate our President so much have been effected personally by his election.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:42 am 

splorks wrote:
Nothing. Moby is too dumb to discuss the topic so he tries to take the thread off-topic with his endless whining about Obama. What's really pathetic is none of the whackjobs on this board that hate our President so much have been effected personally by his election.

Interesting.

So perhaps splorks the pious will explain to all the "whackjobs on this board" just exactly how Rudy Clay opposing a 5% pay cut for officials making more than 50K has 'effected' him personally. So much so that he came here and started a thread about it.

I would really like to know so I don't think this thread was a just a pathetic atttempt at trolling or perhaps splorks whining about "the poor" just so he can feel all superior and pious.

Pray tell, wee-wee boy. How has Clay's opposition to pay cuts 'effected' you personally?

:smt006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:59 am 

Really Spunk....you've been mouthing off about the shoot-'em-up year you've had financially and all of the properties you've acquired. You should be thanking the so-called "leadership" of NWI for going above and beyond the call of duty to keep real estate values perpetually depressed. Its no business of your what the Mayor of Gary pays anyone. Their stations in life are the results of decisions they have made, right? Life isn't that tough if you put a little effort into it, right? Maybe these guys have done just that. Now that the Region Algonquin Round Table has pretty much gone the way of the dinosaurs, you should take this up with the wizards at Facebook.com.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:45 am 

sparks wrote:

Actually folks...ON topic or OFF topic... it really doesn't make much difference..

sparks is too chickenshit to answer any REAL questions....

sparks wrote:
As he should be. He is a private businessman who invested his own money to build his business. He pays taxes and is now faced with competition from a business that is given free land, pays no property taxes and is going to receive millions of dollars of taxpayer support. I guess in your world, that's OK.

tell me jerkwad....how is that any different from obamacare?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:53 am 

Sad thing with this mess is that it will only heighten his popularity with the liberals

Quote:
FBI releases files on Michael Jackson
New York Post, by Janon Fisher

The FBI’s explosive, secret dossier on Michael Jackson was made public today and includes sickening — and surprising — allegations involving the kiddie-molestation raps against the superstar.

The sensational files on the late King of Pop — started after LA cops asked the federal agency to become involved in their sex probe of Jacko — include creepy new details of his antics with kids, specifically from a Canadian couple’s ride on the same train with him.

FBI files from 1992-1993 (PDF, 196 pages)

FBI files from Sept. 1993 to Aug. 1994 (PDF, 56 pages)

FBI files from Sept. 1993 to Oct. 1993 (PDF, 9 pages)

FBI files from Oct. 1995 to Jan. 1997 (PDF, 8 pages)

FBI files from Jan. 2004 to April 2004 (PDF, 41 pages)

FBI files from Sept. 2004 to Dec. 2004 (PDF, 5 pages)

FBI files from March 2004 to June 2005 (PDF, 18 pages)

A Toronto woman told investigators probing allegations against Jackson in 1993 that she and her husband — both social workers in children’s services — were aboard a train March 7, 1992, during a visit to California and that the singer and his entourage had four compartments near them.

She said a 12- or 13-year-old boy — identified as Jacko’s "cousin" to anyone who asked — was with the singer at the time.

"Jackson was very possessive of the boy at night," the woman told cops, adding that she and her hubby grew even more suspicious of the star’s behavior when they "heard questionable noises through wall," according to one FBI file.

"She was concerned enough to notify the conductor of her suspicions," authorities wrote at the time.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/f ... CVDDOqm2wI