Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Max Has Left Us.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:31 pm 

Seems like all of you know each other. I just make guesses based on your names and posts. Had no clue anything about Max until Kiesling's column.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:47 pm 

Not all of us really know each other, but some of us do. I have known SOME posters on this board for decades, literally. We either worked together in various media, or worked together as activists. SOME I went to school with, and I have known them virtually my whole life. Some I have met by chance within the past couple of years, and some I wish like heck I have never met !!! :x

I knew Max from cable. I did my spots, and he did his. We stayed friends all these years, even after the demise of Public Access. He was a Libertarian, and I am a conservative blend of Republican and Libertarian, with a splash of Democrat. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:22 pm 

From his first post on the thread about his disease:
Madd Maxx2 wrote:
- Spend as much time as possible with my grand daughter.
- I have a lot of people I want to see and talk with.
- Discuss with my children where my belongings would be most useful.
- Convince my mother that I really do want a juggling, smart ass joke cracking, cigar smoking, bum type clown at my very short funeral.
- Party afterward.

He was able to achieve the short funeral. I hope he was able to fulfill the other ones that were interpersonal that we know little about. Partying afterward... well, I think was good in theory and probably not meant to be literal. We can all raise a glass when we remember or hear a perspective differing from our own, and celebrate it as being part of the American story, and Max's contribution to it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:31 pm 

forest ave. gump wrote:
We can all raise a glass when we remember or hear a perspective differing from our own, and celebrate it as being part of the American story, and Max's contribution to it.

Really..?
That's not the sentiment you spewed forth when using Maxx's untimely demise in order to further YOUR personal vendetta.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7101&start=0

Typical.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:45 pm 
Banned

USMarine wrote:
forest ave. gump wrote:
We can all raise a glass when we remember or hear a perspective differing from our own, and celebrate it as being part of the American story, and Max's contribution to it.

Really..?
That's not the sentiment you spewed forth when using Maxx's untimely demise in order to further YOUR personal vendetta.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7101&start=0

Typical.

Exactly Marine. This clown is as self-serving as they come.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:26 pm 

RIP Max. You will always be remembered.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:27 pm 

USMarine wrote:
forest ave. gump wrote:

Really..?

http://www.northwestindiana.com/discuss ... 01&start=0

Typical.

This is all about the coffee, isn't it? :smt005

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:53 am 

Maxx had a nice funeral service, well attended by friends and family.
The world will be a lot different for me without Maxx in it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:56 pm 

From what I gather, there were 5 differant posters from this board, including myself, in attendance at Max's funeral. I will not name names. That was a pretty good showing. Some knew Max from other than this board, some were people he talked with on here.

For those of you who didn't know, Max had been fighting medical problems for many years, way before he got cancer. He also had myasthemia gravis(sp), which is a nuerological disease that is progressive and fatal. It affects the speech, ability to swallow, coordination,etc. Marijuana sometimes helps with the symptoms of this disease, as it does with glaucoma, MS, and several other diseases. Max felt that people need to make their own choices, without the government sticking their nose into things. Because Max refused the chemo and radiation, and instead sought out alternative natural medicines to fight the cancer, the damn doctors would not give him adequate pain medication. He was finally put on a low dose morphine just a few weeks ago, at a dosage which didn't help too much, and was significantly lower than other cancer patients at his stage. The doctors had told Max if he wanted adequate pain meds, he had to submit to chemo/radiation first, THEN they would prescribe the dosage that other cancer patients at his stage was getting. Max told the doctors where to go, literally. I guess the doctors were upset they wouldn't get their cut of the high cost of the chemo/radiation treatments they tried to force on Max. Max stood his ground. He was one tough man.
Even if Max had submitted to the chemo/radiation it would have had the same end result, and they had told him so. He chose to do it his way, which I sincerely believe was the right way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:34 pm 

I remember a couple dacades ago, my 28-year-old cousin was dying of pancreatic cancer. The doctors were withholding adequate morphine worrying he would be addicted - this for a life span measured in weeks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:49 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:08 am 

karent wrote:
I remember a couple dacades ago, my 28-year-old cousin was dying of pancreatic cancer. The doctors were withholding adequate morphine worrying he would be addicted - this for a life span measured in weeks!

That is very common, Karen. It makes no sense whatsoever. In Max's case, the doctors were trying to force him into chemo/radiation that was not going to do any good, anyway. That is why they deliberately withheld the pain meds. They deliberately tortured him to force him to do what was futile, but profitable to THEM. I guess you can say that in a sense, Max won, not the doctors, and not the cancer.

FYI, the day before he died, Max accepted Christ. Max, IMO, led a Christian life. He tried his best to harm no one. Max was not perfect, but neither is anyone else. I guess his acceptance of Christ was the icing on the cake, and the final chapter of a life well lived. He was not rich, and in poor health for most of his adult life, but he never complained, and made the best of it. Life gave him lemons, and he made a fantastic lemonade with them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:16 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
karent wrote:

That is very common, Karen. It makes no sense whatsoever. In Max's case, the doctors were trying to force him into chemo/radiation that was not going to do any good, anyway. That is why they deliberately withheld the pain meds. They deliberately tortured him to force him to do what was futile, but profitable to THEM. I guess you can say that in a sense, Max won, not the doctors, and not the cancer.

FYI, the day before he died, Max accepted Christ. Max, IMO, led a Christian life. He tried his best to harm no one. Max was not perfect, but neither is anyone else. I guess his acceptance of Christ was the icing on the cake, and the final chapter of a life well lived. He was not rich, and in poor health for most of his adult life, but he never complained, and made the best of it. Life gave him lemons, and he made a fantastic lemonade with them.

I'm glad that Maxx accepted Christ, but his life would have been much richer if he had done so decades earlier. He could have accomplished so much more if he hadn't spent so much time and energy getting high.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 am 

sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:
karent wrote:

I'm glad that Maxx accepted Christ, but his life would have been much richer if he had done so decades earlier. He could have accomplished so much more if he hadn't spent so much time and energy getting high.

The pious hypocrite spews his vile once more. Remove the plank from your own eye before you admonish a brother for the speck in his.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:44 am 

Freedom Fighter wrote:
sparks wrote:
Tiger1 wrote:

The pious hypocrite spews his vile once more. Remove the plank from your own eye before you admonish a brother for the speck in his.

How does my commenting on Maxx's drug use make me a hypocrite,pal? I don't do drugs or associate with people who do. My point was Maxx's life and relationships could have been much richer if he hadn't poured so much energy into advocating and using illegal drugs.