Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Was Harvard Professor Gates Profiling White Cop?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:30 pm 
Banned

Henry Louis Gates Jr. is a professor at Harvard in African-American History and a leading proponent of black awareness.

Is it possible that Gates was profiling a white Cambridge cop to fit the racist stereotype?

Post subject: Re: Was Harvard Professor Gates Profiling White Cop?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:37 pm 

If he was, it seems like it didn't work. He did waste a lot of the municipalities resources, though. Stick him in county lock up for the weekend. See if he pulls that stunt again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:47 am 

cheerleader wrote:
Henry Louis Gates Jr. is a professor at Harvard in African-American History and a leading proponent of black awareness.

Is it possible that Gates was profiling a white Cambridge cop to fit the racist stereotype?

It sounds like Gates has the same chip on his shoulder as Pastor Wright and President Obama.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:58 am 

Much as I hate to admit it you may have a valid point when it comes to the Harvard Law professor but weigh each individual on their own merit what a person preaches in his church has nothing to do with government. remember the separation of church and state. Remember also he was thrown under the bus! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:20 am 

cheerleader wrote:

Is it possible that Gates and Obama were shooting for a "Gates law" to curtail police activity and wound up with the wrong policeman?

Didn't we see curtailing of police activity after Hatcher took over as mayor of Gary which led to some of Gary's economic difficulties?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:47 am 

Ah yes...how do you know when a race-baiting scumbag realizes the gig is up...?

Quote:
Harvard Professor Gates Says It's Time to 'Move on' From His Arrest

Saturday, July 25, 2009

BOSTON — Black Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. says he's ready to move on from his arrest by a white police officer, hoping to use the encounter to improve fairness in the criminal justice system and saying "in the end, this is not about me at all."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534 ... latestnews

Indeed.

:lol: :smt006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:15 pm 

Is this thread for real? Thank God that views like this have fallen into the certain minority in this country.

Please, in order to help how others across the country's view of Hoosiers, keep such intellectually challenged thoughts to yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:22 pm 

forest ave. gump wrote:
Please, in order to help how others across the country's view of Hoosiers, keep such intellectually challenged thoughts to yourself.

:?

Hey F.A.G., in order to help us understand what in the hell you are talking about, please try to post a coherent thought.

Thanks.... :smt006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:32 pm 

The priest in a small Irish village loved the rooster and ten hens he kept in the hen house behind the church.

One Sunday morning, before mass, he went to feed the birds and discovered that the cock was missing.

He knew about cock fights in the village, so he questioned his parishioners in church.

During mass, he asked the congregation, "Has anybody got a cock?"

All the men stood up.

"No, no," he said, "that wasn't what I meant. Has anybody seen a cock?"

All the women stood up.

"No, no," he said, "that wasn't what I meant. Has anybody seen a cock that doesn't belong to them?"

Half the women stood up.

"No, no," he said, "that wasn't what I meant. Has anybody seen MY cock?"

Sixteen altar boys, two priests and a goat stood up.

The priest fainted.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:40 pm 

The whole of the posts on this thread sound like the ramblings of M_O_R_O_N_S.

mo·ron [máw ròn]
(plural mo·rons)
n
1. an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence (insult)
2. offensive term: a former term for somebody with significant learning difficulties and impaired social skills, now considered offensive (dated offensive)

Is that clear enough for you, "meat"?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:05 pm 

forest ave. gump wrote:
The whole of the posts on this thread sound like the ramblings of M_O_R_O_N_S.

mo·ron [máw ròn]
(plural mo·rons)
n
1. an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's intelligence (insult)
2. offensive term: a former term for somebody with significant learning difficulties and impaired social skills, now considered offensive (dated offensive)

Is that clear enough for you, "meat"?

And yet you feel compelled to post. Twice even.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:20 pm 

forest ave. gump wrote:
Is this thread for real? Thank God that views like this have fallen into the certain minority in this country.

You know, forest ave. gump, I read this entire thread and couldn’t find anything wrong with the views expressed, nor could I find any evidence of intellectually challenged thoughts.
Perhaps you are simply too intelligent to associate with the posters on this forum. If you google nofree.spam and go to the We’reFree forum, you may find the discussion more challenging, and more accommodating to your apparently huge intellect. I have heard that that is where all of the really, really smart people congregate. In fact, I’m told that they consider themselves to be the Algonquin Round Table of the Calumet Region.
Good luck.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:40 pm 

happy jack wrote:
forest ave. gump wrote:

You know, forest ave. gump, I read this entire thread and couldn’t find anything wrong with the views expressed, nor could I find any evidence of intellectually challenged thoughts.
Perhaps you are simply too intelligent to associate with the posters on this forum. If you google nofree.spam and go to the We’reFree forum, you may find the discussion more challenging, and more accommodating to your apparently huge intellect. I have heard that that is where all of the really, really smart people congregate. In fact, I’m told that they consider themselves to be the Algonquin Round Table of the Calumet Region.
Good luck.
Happy Jack...only two posts over there today, and one was mine telling Artie what a jackass he is...only a matter of time until THEY are back here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:18 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
happy jack wrote:
forest ave. gump wrote:

Good luck.
Happy Jack...only two posts over there today, and one was mine telling Artie what a jackass he is...only a matter of time until THEY are back here.

Yeah, I know that there’s not a hell of a lot of traffic over there. That’s why I thought it might be the perfect venue for forest ave. gump. It is a place where things move slowly, and where someone of his intelligence will have more time to formulate his deep, deep thoughts. Also, if he continues to post on this board, I may find myself so overawed by his superior intellect that I may not be able to function very well on a day to day basis.
(p.s. Tell Artie for me that he's a jackass, too. I've no doubt he misses me terribly.)

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 pm 

happy jack wrote:
forest ave. gump wrote:

Good luck.

First off ‘Jack‘, sorry this is our first exchange, and bonus points for not immediately running to and using the tired adolescent acronym… but REALLY!? The first six posts were that enlightening to you? If you are impressed with the intellectual abyss that is represented there, it reflects poorly on you. I am sure the reason none of them are running to defend their own statements, is that looking back they realize that the depth of the comments are miniscule and not worth the faintest of defenses. Yet you feel ‘proud’ enough to chime in with that support, and then tell me to take my ball and go play elsewhere. I am acutely aware of other message boards, but why the continued reference to go there by several on this board?

This thread’s subject is absurd, demeaning to simple intellect and the comments there-under drag it down even further. It is not even worth responding with even a rudimentary cognitive perspective as the views expressed are not bound to critical thought or reality. It is plain and simple prejudice promulgated by small mindedness. What is a discussion when one party lacks critical thought process? Go ahead, support the hysterics; like I said I am glad that many of the views expressed here are clearly a minority country wide.

Now, telling me to leave with statements dripping of sarcasm about “really, really smart people“… well, that is just priceless.

Last edited by forest ave. gump on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.