Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Kim Krull Hits Corrupt Lake County Democrats
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:57 pm 

Governor was right about Lake's Democrats

Times, Wednesday, March 25, 2009 | (23 comment(s))

Gov. Daniels gets it! Recently he called the politicians in Lake County lousy, crummy and graft-ridden.

The Democratic Party consists of felons Frankie Kollintzas, Bobby Cantrell, Jewell Harris Sr., Katie Hall, Will Smith Jr., Dozier Allen, Jojuanna Meeks, Kevin Pastrick, and the list goes on!

We live in a graft-infested lair of politicians who use the public to get votes and keep them in power so they and their friends can get rich off of their schemes.

If anyone thinks Thomas McDermott Jr. is the voice of change, then you probably believe in the Easter Bunny too.

If the region wants change, it needs to listen to those who believe in good government run by honest public servants who are willing to hire the best and the brightest not those who are related by blood or friendship.

Our Republican governor gets it. It's time now for voters to get it. The Democrats got you into this property tax mess. The Democrats are running businesses out of town and preventing good ones from locating here. The Democrats have delayed fixing the flooding problems throughout the region. And the Democrats will continue their pattern until you make a change.

- Kim Krull, Crown Point

Post subject: Re: Kim Krull Hits Corrupt Lake County Democrats
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:00 pm 

Kim Krull hit the nail on the head.

Republicans are honest and capable like State Senator Sue Landske and County Council President Larry Blanchard.

Democrats can be identified by their prison numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:22 pm 

Simple, but true.

She must be new to the area if this is news to her.

Sorry Kim. Lake County is home to a surfeit of poorly educated, unmotivated, and unskilled residents with too many family members that work in county or municipal government. Everyone pisses and moans every year, then they vote the same people back in because that's what keeps food on the table and the lights turned on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:44 pm 

I do not believe that Kim Krull is either new or unfamiliar with the area.

She is the Vice-Chairman of the Lake County Republican Party and will prove a force to be reckoned with.

Make no mistake. You don't know what you are dealing with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:02 pm 

CPWatcher wrote:

She is the Vice-Chairman of the Lake County Republican Party and will prove a force to be reckoned with.

Hey, I'd love to see that craphole government complex in Crown Point totally cleaned out, but I think everyone in Lake County has seen the movie in which residents stomp and scream about corruption and waste (the stomping and screaming seems especially prominent every election year). Then, the same cretins end up in office. They may play a bit of musical chairs with their positions, but any incumbent who wants to stay in government, can and does.

Its all just so much noise.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:54 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
CPWatcher wrote:

Hey, I'd love to see that craphole government complex in Crown Point totally cleaned out, but I think everyone in Lake County has seen the movie in which residents stomp and scream about corruption and waste (the stomping and screaming seems especially prominent every election year). Then, the same cretins end up in office. They may play a bit of musical chairs with their positions, but any incumbent who wants to stay in government, can and does.

Its all just so much noise.

If you'd love to see it cleaned out, are you ready to put your money(and or time) where your mouth is?

Too many people whine and complain and not enough willing to work a little for change.

If I remember correctly, Kim was the one behind the scenes with some others working to clean out the garbage in Crown Point a couple years ago. I wouldn't put it past her to do the same countywide.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:48 pm 

[/quote]
If you'd love to see it cleaned out, are you ready to put your money(and or time) where your mouth is?

Too many people whine and complain and not enough willing to work a little for change.

If I remember correctly, Kim was the one behind the scenes with some others working to clean out the garbage in Crown Point a couple years ago. I wouldn't put it past her to do the same countywide.[/quote]

I did put my money (and time) where my mouth is. I left that God-forsaken corner of the world many years ago. Sometimes you have to cut your losses. I realized decades ago that whining and crying with no willingness to work for change was a hallmark of Lake County residents. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. I do have relatives there and admit to an unhealthy interest in region goings-on. Its great that this woman was able to clean house in Crown Point a couple years back, but fifty years (and still counting) of waste, corruption, inefficiency, and inertia tell me I made the right decision when I moved away.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:02 am 

it's good to be interested in home

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:27 pm 

The debate about Democrat political corruption is much needed.

It is worth noting that Crown Point had been Republican for 150 years and there has never been an indictment.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:39 am 

CPWatcher wrote:
The debate about Democrat political corruption is much needed.

It is worth noting that Crown Point had been Republican for 150 years and there has never been an indictment.

Does any debate about Democrat political corruption even exist? Its a filthy organization, has been for years and years, and why mess with what works?

The fact that Crown Point has been Republican for 150 with no indictments is a wonderful thing, but when Stosh (sp?) and Stella up in Whiting, Tyrell and Keisha over in Gary, and Hector and Maria in East Chicago weigh that against keeping their low-skill, low-paying, but benefit-heavy jobs, how do you think they'll vote? Add to that that there is something in the water in Lake County that has convinced the bulk of the populace that if a job doesn't entail wearing a hard-hat, metatarsal shoes, and safety glasses that it isn't a real job or they can't possibly meet the requirements for such a career. That mentality is endemic in all but a few school systems in 'da Region. Anyway, I quit trying to figure it out right before I moved. Some things aren't destined to change in my lifetime.

I actually was silly enough to think (for a short while, anyway) that George Van Til's misuse of county property might have been enough to push people over the edge and that there might be at least one new face in the county complex after the last election. After about a week, it became clear to me that he was going nowhere. As an outsider, you just quit caring and realize that that's the way it is and it doesn't really bear over-analysis.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:07 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
Does any debate about Democrat political corruption even exist? Its a filthy organization, has been for years and years, and why mess with what works?

But it doesn't work. Lake County is losing jobs and not attracting new ones. Lake county's residential property taxes have been underassessed for decades to get votes and now residents are crying about higher property taxes all of the sudden to pay for the elected officials' graft that has become so rampant. Now we have rudy clay crying to the state that he needs more money to save gary from bankruptcy while taking an additional $57,000 a year salary from GSD while collecting his mayoral salary.

We have an airport whose potential cannot be developed because it needs to purchase additional land that the gary school system will not sell to them.

we have an increase in crime, foreclosures, and unemployment while our elected officials are giving themselves raises and hiring more friends and family.

It's time for the voters of NWI to realize what a cesspool of politicians they are voting in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:32 am 

Dick_Tracy wrote:
LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:

But it doesn't work. Lake County is losing jobs and not attracting new ones. Lake county's residential property taxes have been underassessed for decades to get votes and now residents are crying about higher property taxes all of the sudden to pay for the elected officials' graft that has become so rampant. Now we have rudy clay crying to the state that he needs more money to save gary from bankruptcy while taking an additional $57,000 a year salary from GSD while collecting his mayoral salary.

We have an airport whose potential cannot be developed because it needs to purchase additional land that the gary school system will not sell to them.

we have an increase in crime, foreclosures, and unemployment while our elected officials are giving themselves raises and hiring more friends and family.

It's time for the voters of NWI to realize what a cesspool of politicians they are voting in.

You know that, and I know that, but the entire county is overrun by residents who still exist in the late 1960's to early 1970's. Just keep telling them their mill jobs will come back and they'll follow you into Hell.

Aside from a handful of towns and neighborhoods, Lake County is an area of low expectations. As long as someone in the family can score a government job and its attendant benefits, who cares if everyone else works in retail or in the "hospitality" industry? Why would anyone even consider bringing in a business that may provide higher-paying jobs? These require skills LC residents don't have and aren't interested in acquiring. Taxes may be higher in the suburbs of Chicago, but obviously the tax advantages of moving to Indiana (while they exist) are more than offset by the Grade Z workforce that exists there.

Look at the populations of Hammond, EC, Gary, Merrillville,....the list goes on. As long as they get their six or seven cigarette breaks per day in, they're happy. Give 'em a day of bass fishing down at Sumava Resorts every couple of weeks and....heck....they're living in the Garden of Eden.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:32 pm 

Democrat corruption in Lake County is a cancer that needs to be cut out.

It will be a fight but Democrat corruption can be purged from the bowels of the body politic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:44 pm 

Dont expect those tired old men in the R party to do it. The same old losers keep running for office. No reason to bother voting anymore. How Sad!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:25 pm 

The Grey Council wrote:
Dont expect those tired old men in the R party to do it. The same old losers keep running for office. No reason to bother voting anymore. How Sad!

If you were a Republican with anything going for him in life, would you even bother trying to run for office in Lake County? You know full well that you could be the second coming of Abraham Lincoln and have a well-constructed platform of new proposals but some Democrat named Nick, Gus, or Spiro can come along and promise to bring back all the mill jobs. Every mouth-breather north of Crown Point will drop his cigarette, crawl out of whatever bar he happens to be patronizing that day, and find a way to vote for the "D" at least twice and head back to the tavern and his tobacco. Each and every one will be proud that he voted like Dad, Grand-dad, and every member of his union and that the party of Roosevelt will remain in power for another four years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next