Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Was Harvard Professor Gates Profiling White Cop?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:51 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
George McFly wrote:
I gotta poop.

Thank you for your insightful post regarding the ultimate metabolic biproduct of nutritional consumption, peristalsis, the acidic breakdown of the aforementioned nutritional product, which occurs prior to the action of pancreatic enzymes such as lipase and amylase after which enteropeptidases breakdown macromolecules prior to being absorbed by the intestinal villi and packaged into chylomicrons--the nondigestible portion of which is combined with the afterproducts of erythrocyte breakdown and other waste material. Commensal with the previously mentioned processes, water is constantly being resorbed throught the entire journey by the duodenum, jejunum, ileum, cecum, and colon after which what is left over is propelled by continued peristalsis through the rectum and out the anal sphincter.

Your profane use of the term "poop" to describe the ultimate metabolic biproduct of foodstuff consumption and the above mentioned brief description of the digestive process only serves to reinforce the perception of yourself and many others on this board as hypocrites, wanting things both ways, juvenile, and having a propensity towards the use of ad hominem[i][/i] attacks. All you do is undermine your credibility and perpetuate your continued intellectual deficiencies. To possibly re-attain some degree of intellectual adroitness, from now on, please refer to defecation in more scientific terms. Use of the phrase "giving birth to another relative of Forest Avenue Gump" is deemed acceptable for the foreseeable future.

*Rule #6 in F.A.G's Big Book of Chatroom Etiquette: Never use two words when twenty will do.

What constructive usage of your limited time on the internet! You choose to elaborate on a three word post to end in an juvenile insult... brilliant. Reverting back to childish behavior, opps I am sorry that was the other posters you admire not you. Yeah right.
Again you are certainly quick to respond, I must be catching you right before your miniscule timeframe on the internet. Lying comes easy to you does it not? Synopsis of your dig at me is using too many words, and yet look at the time you spent explaining the digestive process. Do you have an affinity for bowels and rectums?
Still choosing to not given an explanation of your moronic statements, or are you limiting your limited internet time to childish arguments?

Go ahead provide an explanation of your statements regarding the Governor listening to the electorate, only when the electorate (who you deem troglodytes) fix themselves.

Censorthis, you are weak individual. Denying your post… nice. Wonder why it was deleted?
Oh yeah, you supported my contentions yet again, and your denial does too. Wrong screen name, you amateur. Calling you and many of these posts racist is an adept description. None of you blowhards would have the cajones to utter your witless written statements in public. Just whisper and snicker about it with other social challenged individuals in the shadows. This thread is case in point.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:13 am 
Banned

forest ave. gump wrote:
LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
George McFly wrote:
I gotta poop.

Thank you for your insightful post regarding the ultimate metabolic biproduct of nutritional consumption, peristalsis, the acidic breakdown of the aforementioned nutritional product, which occurs prior to the action of pancreatic enzymes such as lipase and amylase after which enteropeptidases breakdown macromolecules prior to being absorbed by the intestinal villi and packaged into chylomicrons--the nondigestible portion of which is combined with the afterproducts of erythrocyte breakdown and other waste material. Commensal with the previously mentioned processes, water is constantly being resorbed throught the entire journey by the duodenum, jejunum, ileum, cecum, and colon after which what is left over is propelled by continued peristalsis through the rectum and out the anal sphincter.

Your profane use of the term "poop" to describe the ultimate metabolic biproduct of foodstuff consumption and the above mentioned brief description of the digestive process only serves to reinforce the perception of yourself and many others on this board as hypocrites, wanting things both ways, juvenile, and having a propensity towards the use of ad hominem[i][/i] attacks. All you do is undermine your credibility and perpetuate your continued intellectual deficiencies. To possibly re-attain some degree of intellectual adroitness, from now on, please refer to defecation in more scientific terms. Use of the phrase "giving birth to another relative of Forest Avenue Gump" is deemed acceptable for the foreseeable future.

*Rule #6 in F.A.G's Big Book of Chatroom Etiquette: Never use two words when twenty will do.

What constructive usage of your limited time on the internet! You choose to elaborate on a three word post to end in an juvenile insult... brilliant. Reverting back to childish behavior, opps I am sorry that was the other posters you admire not you. Yeah right.
Again you are certainly quick to respond, I must be catching you right before your miniscule timeframe on the internet. Lying comes easy to you does it not? Synopsis of your dig at me is using too many words, and yet look at the time you spent explaining the digestive process. Do you have an affinity for bowels and rectums?
Still choosing to not given an explanation of your moronic statements, or are you limiting your limited internet time to childish arguments?

Go ahead provide an explanation of your statements regarding the Governor listening to the electorate, only when the electorate (who you deem troglodytes) fix themselves.

Censorthis, you are weak individual. Denying your post… nice. Wonder why it was deleted?
Oh yeah, you supported my contentions yet again, and your denial does too. Wrong screen name, you amateur. Calling you and many of these posts racist is an adept description. None of you blowhards would have the cajones to utter your witless written statements in public. Just whisper and snicker about it with other social challenged individuals in the shadows. This thread is case in point.

Two points for FAG to ponder:
1) LAL was mocking YOU..and he/she did it quite well
2) WDYJSMFD--if you don't like the thread, do what normal people do, don't f***in read it. If anyone fits the definition of a "blowhard", it's you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:03 am 

censorthis wrote:
2) WDYJSMFD--if you don't like the thread, do what normal people do, don't f***in read it. If anyone fits the definition of a "blowhard", it's you.
That's the metaphor I was looking for...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:08 am 
Banned

forest ave. gump wrote:

Calling you and many of these posts racist is an adept description.

Really FAG? It's a "highly skilled" description. Methinks the master wordsmith thinks too much and is way too concerned with appearing far more witty and clever than he really happens to be. Perhaps "accurate" would have been a far better choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:16 am 

censorthis wrote:

1) Au contraire, if anyone is mocking it is I. LALC is simply a liar, and it carries on beyond here.
LALC made the claim that 0.5% of their time is spent on the internet. I am simply pointing out that is was quite an endeavor to spend much of that precious time writing it all. Just shows that there is no response to substantiating his dumb statements.
2) LOL Someone needs to challenge many of the lowbrow idiot statements being made here. Telling me to take my ball and leave again, huh? Nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:23 am 

censorthis wrote:
forest ave. gump wrote:

Calling you and many of these posts racist is an adept description.

Really FAG? It's a "highly skilled" description. Methinks the master wordsmith thinks too much and is way too concerned with appearing far more witty and clever than he really happens to be. Perhaps "accurate" would have been a far better choice.

“Word-smithing”, getting desperate? Accurate would work too, but so does adept. If you are going to call me "FAG" Please use proper punctuation, I mean given your word-smithing and all. It is F.A.G. and quite over used. Actually I was the first to make light of it, so really lacks much punch. Especially when is followed by idiot comments. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:51 am 
Banned

forest ave. gump wrote:
If you are going to call me "FAG" Please use proper punctuation, I mean given your word-smithing and all. It is F.A.G. and quite over used. Actually I was the first to make light of it, so really lacks much punch. Especially when is followed by idiot comments. LOL

If it lacks punch and therefore isn't a problem, then I'll just do it my way, OK FAG?
You're very sparks-like in the way you criticize and then pretend to be above all of the content on this forum...yet....you seem to be a very frequent, active, and willing participant in it. You seem quite willing to crawl right down into the gutter that you pretend to find so repulsive. Quite stricken with "last word syndrome" as well, yes FAG??

FAG...either your ego is a bit bloated or you simply misunderstand. I don't give a single, solitary f*** if you stay, go, or drop dead. Makes me no difference whatsoever. I just think it's reasonable to suggest that if a particular thread distresses you like you seem to be claiming that this thread does, then just don't read it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:05 am 

I don't really get this.
Completely ignoring the fact that Barry's beerfest was a transparently ridiculous PR stunt, the author seems to think that Sgt. Crowley was the only one who was supposed to have learned something from the whole episode. How can Crowley be blamed for being 'guarded' when he was first attacked by the President of the United States, then put on national display for the President's pleasure? Based on the way he's been treated, I wouldn't have blamed the guy if he had come dressed in Kevlar.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mario-rui ... 48531.html
Posted: July 31, 2009 10:07 AM

Sgt. Crowley Still Doesn't Get It
Analyzing the body language of the beer drinkers at the White House "brew-haha" yesterday, the New York Post today nails it: "O relaxed, sarge guarded, Gates trying." Says a "body language expert" of Sgt. James Crowley's demeanor: "His body language was very defensive ... I didn't see any apologetic body language from the cop."
While Sgt. Crowley claimed after the meeting that there was 'no tension' at the table, pictures of the event speak thousands of words: where Gates appears to be attentive and listening, Sgt. Crowley seems perturbed, slightly above it all, put upon.
Like all defensive posturing, the behavior of the Sgt. as revealed in the photos comes from a place of insecurity. He seems intimidated by the setting -- and all the media exposure -- so, rather than make an effort to appear engaged and relaxed, his back is up. And it's more than just the pix; Sgt. Crowley made clear that he offered no apology.
Gates, meanwhile, was gracious about the Sgt. calling him 'likable.' And that's the irony -- that beneath all the bravado, Sgt. Crowley is said to be a decent and hard-working police officer, even if you wouldn't get that by how he conducted himself the night he arrested Gates.
But the bottom line is that the Crowleys of the world too easily drop their normal selves when facing a real-time challenge. Something about their DNA (after all, police officers are drawn to law and order) or their training (or lack thereof) makes them quickly shift from 'nice guy' to 'I'll show em who's boss' mode.
Controlling how we deal with events as they are happening is something everyone should seek to master, especially the police, when reaction can mean the difference between life and death. Unless they are trained (and/or self-restrained) to better deal with situations, relations between the police and everyone, not just blacks and Hispanics, will be less than ideal. I believe this is one of the key 'teachable moments' of this bizarre event.
So while he may be loathe to admit it, one suspects that Sgt. Crowley will think harder and faster about how he reacts next time he's in a situation where cooler heads should prevail. Unfortunately, however, the Sgt.'s language -- both body and verbal -- does not give one reason to think he's learned anything.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:24 pm 

IMO this beer business was just used to take the spotlight off Obama. And putting it on Gates and Crowley. I don't think it worked. Is it true Obama knew that question was going to be asked ahead of time? The way he operates I would think so. He had plenty of time to think it over. Thats o.k, I always knew that was his mindset.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:06 pm 

It was a hot Saturday evening in the summer of 1964 and Fred had a date with Peggy Sue. He arrived at her house and rang the bell.

"Oh, come on in!" Peggy Sue's mother said as she welcomed Fred in. "Have a seat in the living room. Would you like something to drink? Lemonade? Iced Tea?"

"Iced tea, please," Fred said. Mom brought the iced tea.

"So, what are you and Peggy planning to do tonight?" she asked.

"Oh, probably catch a movie, and then maybe grab a bite to eat at the malt shop, maybe take a walk on the beach..."

"Peggy likes to screw, you know," Mom informed him.

"Really?" Fred replied; eyebrows rising.

"Oh yes," the mother continued. "When she goes out with her friends, that's all they do!"

"Is that so?" asked Fred, incredulous.

"Yes," said the mother. "As a matter of fact, she'd Screw all night if we let her!"

"Well, thanks for the tip!" Fred said as he began thinking about alternate plans for the evening.

A moment later, Peggy Sue came down the stairs looking pretty as a picture wearing a pink blouse and a poodle skirt, and with her hair tied back in a bouncy ponytail. She greeted Fred.

"Have fun, kids!" her mother called as they left.

Half an hour later, a completely disheveled Peggy Sue burst into the house and slammed the front door behind her.

"It's 'The Twist', Mom!" she angrily yelled to her Mother in the kitchen.

"The freakin' dance is called the Twist!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 pm 

The CEO of Red Lobster and Olive Garden

Source article: http://dallassouthblog.com/2008/01/10/t ... ve-garden/

Each week tens of thousands of diners eat at an Olive Garden or Red Lobster restaurant. Few of these diners know that the CEO heading these large restaurant chains is a black man.

Clarence Otis Jr. is the CEO of Darden Restaurants Inc., the largest casual dining operator in the nation. The firm operates nearly 1,400 company-owned restaurants coast to coast serving 300 million meals annually. Darden employs 150,000 workers and has annual revenues of $6 billion.

Born in Vicksburg , Mississippi , Otis moved to Los Angeles when he was 6 years old. His father was a high school dropout who worked as a janitor. The family lived in Watts at the time of the 1965 riots. In the post-Watts period, Otis recalls being stopped and questioned by police several times a year because of the color of his skin.

A high school guidance counselor recommended him for a scholarship at Williams College , The highly selective liberal arts institution in Massachusetts . Otis graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Williams and went on to earn a law degree at Stanford. Otis landed on Wall Street as a merger and acquisitions attorney for J.P. Morgan Securities. He joined Darden Restaurants in 1995 as corporate treasurer. He became CEO in 2004.

How many of us—or anyone else—knew this?! (But we heard all about Michael Vick, didn’t we?) Things have got to change.

Read more about Mr. Otis in this New York Times June 2009 interview: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/07/busin ... orner.html

USA Today article, November 2006: http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies ... rden_x.htm

Forbes profile: http://people.forbes.com/profile/clarence-otis/25167

Bio and video clip at PBS: http://www.pbs.org/wttw/ceoexchange/epi ... cotis.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:42 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:40 pm 

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/200 ... filer.html

I was a racial profiler: Ex-cop says he used skin color to make arrests

BY JAKE MCNICHOLAS

Sunday, August 2nd 2009, 4:00 AM

I'm retired now after a wonderful career with the New York City Police Department, and I have a confession to make.
I used a person's race to initiate investigations and make subsequent arrests. In fact, according to the definition bandied about by those on the left who have no idea what they are talking about nor a clue when it comes to police work, I was - yes - a racial profiler.
A little background. I was a detective, a third generation member of the greatest police department in the world, descendant of my grandfather who sailed from the west of Ireland and then served as a cop for 35 years. My dad, the man I most admire, is a retired first grade detective who put in 33.
In November 1992 I was transferred to Manhattan North Narcotics. We covered the precincts north of 59th St. but rarely did enforcement south of 96th St.
I never had a better time in my life than my early years in Manhattan North. I worked with the greatest guys in the world and had more laughs than you could imagine. I went to war with these guys and gals, white, black, Hispanic.
Put it this way. When you were up there during this time, you didn't want to take off or go on vacation and miss something. There was nothing worse than coming back to work and have some guy say, "Wow, you should have been here yesterday."
I spent a lot of time in Washington Heights during those years, working narcotics in the confines of the 30th Precinct. It was a busy place with loads of illegal drug activity - dealing on the street and in residential buildings outfitted and barricaded as drug spots. We made arrests, thousands of arrests, and here is one of the ways the white cops and Hispanic cops and black cops did it.
We looked for white people.
That's all you really had to do. Cruise Broadway or Amsterdam Ave. or Riverside Drive in an unmarked car, spot the white guy driving the vehicle with the Jersey plate slow and deliberate, watch him park and shuffle to the sale location, watch him walk back to the vehicle with the pep in his step shortly thereafter and bingo. Most times you had a collar.
That's what you were paying us for, wasn't it? The good people of Washington Heights have a right to live in a neighborhood free of cretins driving over the George Washington Bridge to Manhattan for the sole purpose of buying drugs, don't they?
Is that not good police work? Of course it is.
So please, ponder this for a moment. Who do you think is terrorizing the black community? Who do you think is raping and assaulting young black women? Who do you think is pulling out the nine and shooting young male blacks on the corner over a bag of Cheez Doodles and a Philly blunt?
Pause and ask yourself why do you think more blacks and Hispanics are stopped? Because, you guessed it, they are the ones committing the crimes and fitting the description. The Police Department is not making this up. This is the horrible truth. The carnage is appalling, and rather than address the real issue, liberals and civil rights leaders make excuses and ignore the facts.
Now the left is all worked up over a cop responding to a 911 call of a burglary in progress and the resulting collar. Henry Louis Gates Jr. is a Harvard professor. How about this novel approach, "Certainly, here's my ID and thanks for the quick response Sergeant."?
But here is the most profoundly sad part about it all. Even after Thursday's "beer summit," this will be an issue for months, a ridiculous issue. And all the while the body count from black-on-black crime will continue to rise.
McNicholas served with the NYPD from 1985 to 2007, retiring as a first grade detective from the terrorist interdiction unit of the Intelligence Division.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/200 ... z0N9tHwCKs

Barack Obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6