Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Wall Street is the agenda not Main Street or 45th Ave
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:54 am 

Tornado floods and forclosures and not a soul has anwsered any cry for help!

Big White Guy and Moby Grape explain in detail why no help is forth coming.

Post subject: Re: Wall Street is the agenda not Main Street or 45th Ave
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:24 pm 

Gary's prior track record.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:47 pm 

The region should not be penalized because of Gary.

The fact of the matter is Gary does not need any relief from the natural diasters.

These people here bounce back like super balls.

the basements will be power washed with bleach and they will be back to the same life style in less than 30 days.

Now Munster that is another question?

I assume you have already heard that President Bush wants Congress to give his administration $700 billion dollars to bailout Wall Street. That's right; Bush wants American taxpayers to give the administration that brought us the Katrina response and the War in Iraq a blank check to fix a financial mess Republican deregulation got us into.

Barack Obama calls the Bush Bailout bill a price tag without a plan.

Today, the price tag just got worse as Republicans and Democrats talk about increasing the bailout dollar amount to 1.8 TRILLION -- more then three times the cost of the Iraq War to date.

It took years of Republican led deregulation and little government oversight to get us here; we don't need to fix everything with one blank check.

Call your Senators right now and demand they stop the Bush Bailout. We need a plan that protects the American people not a bailout for Wall Street CEO's.

Senator Evan Bayh
(202) 224-5623

Senator Richard Lugar
(202) 224-4814

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:34 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
The region should not be penalized because of Gary.

The fact of the matter is Gary does not need any relief from the natural diasters.

These people here bounce back like super balls.

the basements will be power washed with bleach and they will be back to the same life style in less than 30 days.

Now Munster that is another question?

I assume you have already heard that President Bush wants Congress to give his administration $700 billion dollars to bailout Wall Street. That's right; Bush wants American taxpayers to give the administration that brought us the Katrina response and the War in Iraq a blank check to fix a financial mess Republican deregulation got us into.

Barack Obama calls the Bush Bailout bill a price tag without a plan.

Today, the price tag just got worse as Republicans and Democrats talk about increasing the bailout dollar amount to 1.8 TRILLION -- more then three times the cost of the Iraq War to date.

It took years of Republican led deregulation and little government oversight to get us here; we don't need to fix everything with one blank check.

Call your Senators right now and demand they stop the Bush Bailout. We need a plan that protects the American people not a bailout for Wall Street CEO's.

Senator Evan Bayh
(202) 224-5623

Senator Richard Lugar
(202) 224-4814

The plan is to avoid another Depression. If you have an answer, why don't you run for office, instead of beat your choppers about it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:02 am 

They'll use RICO in petty drug crimes, but in major disasters like this, that effect the economy of the country for all of US, that was deliberately caused by those who will recieve bonuses, retire rich and die happy.

Americans are a bunch of lazy, ignorant, suckers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:21 am 

Replace "Klan" with "Corporate Government" and replace "government" with "constitutional govrtnment." Then you'll understand why government works the way it does.

Racist in Reverse?
This is a 9:01 minute recording,
http://www.marxists.org/reference/archi ... everse.mp3
the file size is 12.3 MB.

"Brothers and sisters, if you and I would just realize, that once we learn to talk the language that they understand, they will then get the point. You can't ever reach a man if you don't speak his language. If a man speaks the language of brute force, you can't come to him with peace.
======================================
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington
======================================
Why goodnight! He'll break you in two, as he has been doing all along. If a man speaks French, you can't speak to him in German. If he speaks Swahili, you can't communicate with him in Chinese. You have to find out, what does this man speak? Once you know his language, learn how to speak his language. He'll get the point, there will be some dialogue, some communication, and some understanding will be developed. You've been in this country long enough to know the language the Klan speaks, they only know one language. What you and I have to start doing in 1965, I mean that's what you have to do because most of us have already been doing it, is start learning a new language. Learn the language that they understand, and then when they come up on our door step to talk, we can talk."

".... It is a duty, it is your and my duty, as men, as human beings, it's our duty to our people, to organize ourselves. Let the government know if they don't stop that Klan, we'll stop it ourselves. Then you'll see the government start doing something about it. But don't ever think they are going to do it on some morality basis, no. So I don't believe in violence, that's why I want to stop it."

- Malcolm X
=======================================

Go ahead, make your phone calls, write your letters and "peacefully" protest. Isn't that what they taught you to do in their government indoctrination centers you attended?

See how far it gets you, suckers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 am 

Geronimo, you do realize that more people have money tied up in 401K's, IRA's, money market accounts, and 403B's then who suffered damages during the flood right?

Keep in mind, by bailing out those companies, it is preserving hundreds of billions of dollars of people's money in various investment accounts, and if those companies are not helped, millions of people's investments will be wiped out at a moments notice, much like what happened to the employees of Enron. Imagine Enron on a national level.

Besides show me where the feds are guarenteed to help out the victims of a flood? Last time I checked, the Fed's have not declared this area disaster area.

Oh I forgot, you are from Gary, you are used to free handouts left and right all the time.

This is exactly why I say that the govt should NEVER help anyone who does not have insurance.

Simple as that, no insurance, no FEMA checks.

I wish politicians would agree with me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 am 

Pentagon budget, disaster aid set to advance
By ANDREW TAYLOR, Associated Press Writer

Monday, September 22, 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(09-22) 13:19 PDT WASHINGTON, (AP) --

Congress is scrambling to pass the Pentagon budget, aid for flood and hurricane victims and $25 billion in loans for Detroit automakers in a late-session burst of activity that's flying under the radar compared with efforts to bail out Wall Street.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funding for veterans health care and homeland security programs is also in the mix as Democratic leaders ponder what other items should catch a ride on must-do legislation to keep the government running beyond the Oct. 1 start of the 2009 budget year.

A stopgap bill must pass to avoid a government shutdown, so Democrats are viewing it as a locomotive to pull past a skeptical White House measures such as the automaker loan and a doubling of home heating subsidies for the poor.

Passage of the bill is complicated by the question of how much further oil exploration to permit off the U.S. coast. Democrats are seeking to attach a plan to open waters 50 miles off the Pacific and Atlantic coasts to oil and natural gas development, though only if the adjacent states agree to it.

Republicans and the White House want to completely lift current restrictions on coastal drilling, and President Bush' veto pen gives them the edge.

Discussions on the budget are far overshadowed by the ongoing debate over a $700 billion bailout plan for Wall Street. But the amount of money at stake — including a $488 billion Pentagon funding bill that hasn't seen a second's worth of public debate or review — is almost as great.

Details of the emerging legislation remain secret, but its outlines have come out in interviews with aides to both the House and Senate Appropriations committees, as well as aides to top House and Senate leaders.

The legislation is coming together in a remarkably secretive process in which decisions are concentrated in the hands of just a few lawmakers such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey, D-Wis.

The unusual process means thousands of lawmakers' pet projects of the very sort blasted by GOP presidential nominee John McCain on the campaign trail would escape scrutiny, including up to $5 billion worth of such "earmarks" in the defense budget alone.

Congressional leaders hope to pass the budget legislation this week, but several issues remained undecided Monday. For starters, it wasn't clear how much the White House would be willing to accept.

Bush has threatened to veto bills that don't cut the number and cost of earmarks in half or cause agency operating budgets, taken together, to exceed his request.

While top-level congressional leaders haven't made final decisions, elements of the year-end budget package are likely to include:

_Stopgap government funding. Most federal agencies would see their budgets frozen at current levels for several weeks or even into March. Lawmakers want to avoid a postelection "lame duck" session, but fear the White House will force them to return to session in November in hopes Congress would approve a free trade pact with Colombia.

_Security-related budgets. More than $600 billion to fund the 2009 budgets for the Pentagon, Homeland Security Department and the Department of Veterans Affairs.

_Disaster aid. Up to $25 billion in emergency funding for victims of Gulf Coast hurricanes, midwestern floods and other natural disasters.

_Automaker loans. More than $7 billion is provided to subsidize $25 billion in loans to help the "Big Three" U.S. automakers retool their plants to build cleaner, more energy efficient cars.

_Heating subsidies. Democrats want to double the budget to $5.1 billion for a popular program providing heating subsidies for the poor.

Democrats were also weighing whether to try to add another extension of unemployment benefits to the year-end budget package. Another option would be to add the unemployment insurance coverage to a subsequent $50 billion-plus measure to stimulate the economy with infrastructure spending, aid to states and additional food stamp benefits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 am 

I am sick and tired of Congress trying to give more unemployment aide to people

If after 6 months they have not been hiredby anyone, there is something wrong

Of course these people are not looking for any job to pay the bills

If i lost my job, bet your ass I would be willing to take a job at McDonalds or Walmart to pay the bills, but some people never will ,a nd exhaust all 6 months of unemployment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59 am 

mike3775 wrote:
Geronimo, you do realize that more people have money tied up in 401K's, IRA's, money market accounts, and 403B's then who suffered damages during the flood right?

Keep in mind, by bailing out those companies, it is preserving hundreds of billions of dollars of people's money in various investment accounts, and if those companies are not helped, millions of people's investments will be wiped out at a moments notice, much like what happened to the employees of Enron. Imagine Enron on a national level.

Besides show me where the feds are guarenteed to help out the victims of a flood? Last time I checked, the Fed's have not declared this area disaster area.

Oh I forgot, you are from Gary, you are used to free handouts left and right all the time.

This is exactly why I say that the govt should NEVER help anyone who does not have insurance.

This is exactly the reason New Orleans is still screwed up, three years later. The government should quit sending the checks and force these people to relocate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 am 

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

This is exactly the reason New Orleans is still screwed up, three years later. The government should quit sending the checks and force these people to relocate.

No insurance, no help. Simple as that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:17 am 

The government should not help anyone but with what is already on the table .

Here some joker has a 6 figure income living in the low lands of Munster and does not need any assistance and is sucking up funds that could be better used elsewhere.

Every year they keep giving our tax dollars to those who chose to live in swamp land and George Vantill and the Lake county government is at fault here with Dan Gardner.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:30 am 

Geronimo wrote:

Here some joker has a 6 figure income living in the low lands of Munster and does not need any assistance and is sucking up funds that could be better used elsewhere.

Every year they keep giving our tax dollars to those who chose to live in swamp land and George Vantill and the Lake county government is at fault here with Dan Gardner.

Would you rather the government discriminate against him?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:31 am 

Geronimo wrote:

The same could be said for Gary

They have been sucking off the Govt teat since at least 1972, so I think 36 yrs is long enough

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am 

As I remember Gary got the boats and the rest of the county is sucking on Gary's tit!
and it gave Munster 1million 700 thousand dollars and Hammond gave them 1 million 660 thousand dollars for work to be done on harts ditch!