Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plasmatronics
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:46 am 

Everything smelled bad from the get go, so why did they go out and loan them the money?

Again, they should never have loaned the money, but its ok, it would have led to a few jobs being created, allowing people to claim they created jobs. But at no time did they even look into the company.

And what makes it great now, is how CP is trying to raise funds because of the property tax overhaul. I would have assumed that $500,000 could have been spent better on the citizens of Crown Point in giving property tax relief, but instead they pissed it away on a scam, and now wanty to cry how they were taken in by the scammers. Guess what, I have no pioty for anyone who falls for a scam, as I was always taught, and what police officers always tell people, "if its to good to be true, it probably is", I guess CP officials are to stupid to ever listen to common sense, and now the taxpayers have to pay for their idiocy, and guess what, no pity from me at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:01 am 

PO you seem awfully obsessed by Corbin. I guess there are only 3 reasons why he wouldn't check them out:1. He was told not to by someone with more authority 2. He did check them out and told everyone he didn't or 3. He's an idiot

I suspect Corbin and Klein and maybe even a few others were the beneficiaries of something quite illegal. Corbin needed to keep Klein in office to cover it all up. When that didn't happen, he needed Uran in there because Uran would be easier to manipulate than the woman.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 am 

Dick_Tracy wrote:
I suspect Corbin and Klein and maybe even a few others were the beneficiaries of something quite illegal. Corbin needed to keep Klein in office to cover it all up. When that didn't happen, he needed Uran in there because Uran would be easier to manipulate than the woman.

Let's assume that is correct.

Should they be held liable for the loss by Crown Point of $380,000 and criminally brought to justice if criminal actions (such as bribery to make the loan) were involved?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:53 am 

Public Oversight wrote:
Dick_Tracy wrote:

Should they be held liable for the loss by Crown Point of $380,000 and criminally brought to justice if criminal actions (such as bribery to make the loan) were involved?

If its proven, yes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:11 pm 

Ok Simple, I give up... You shouldn't feel sorry for the innocent taxpayers that had nothing to do with it. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:14 pm 

Public Oversight wrote:
Dick_Tracy wrote:

Hmmm, YES! :pottytrain5:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:45 pm 
Banned

I would agree.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:21 pm 

Public Oversight wrote:
Dick_Tracy wrote:

I'd say hang em by their testicles if I thought any of them had any.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:18 pm 

Corbin believes:

"If God did not want Crown Pointers to be sheared, he would not have made them sheep."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 pm 

The word on the street is that this group likes things "shaved" and maybe sheep also.

:3some: Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:23 am 
Banned

Public Oversight wrote:
Corbin believes: "If God did not want Crown Pointers to be sheared, he would not have made them sheep."

I see where disgraced ex-GOP precinct committeeman Corbin has a large Visclosky sign in his yard and there are no GOP signs in sight. Ethics and loyalty of Bobby Cantrell?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:04 pm 

Corbin fathering the Plasmatronics loan is disgrace enough.

He should not be allowed near public funds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:46 pm 

I've been following the rather unflattering treatment that Plasmatronics has been getting in the local press. The Times and Post Tribune both in my opinion are nothing but cheap tabloid scandal sheet rags masquerading as legitimate newspapers. It's a wonder to me that they even get the days date right.
The salient point here is this: The pioneers take the arrows. If the Plasmatronics Plasmadrive ignition system does in fact ignite the compressed fuel/air mixture in an engine by generating a high energy plasma and firing it into the combustion chamber of a cylinder then they are utilizing 4th dimensional physics to accomplish this. There may also be a certain mileage/power gain from the energy dissipated in the cylinder by the plasma itself. I would invite anyone to take a look at the Thomas Bearden website, he's also taking a lot of arrows from the "learned" peer review committees for his revolutionary work in physics. By the way, The Flat Earth Theory was also peer reviewed. Where you going from there?
I don't mean to go off on a rant but-
Anytime a new technology comes down the road (no pun intended) the uneducated great unwashed clueless idiotic misinformed uninformed malcontent sluggos will always do their damnedest to kill it. Whether out of jealousy, envy or just plain stupidity, if someone or something threatens to move their cheese, they will fight tooth and nail. History proves this out time and again. Having tried to start a high tech venture company in NW Indiana myself, I know from where I speak. The short sighted local governments around here won't spend a nickel on technological ventures to bring the about the types of 21st century employment that will be needed to help NW Indiana flourish much less for that matter even do anything to create and promote a less hostile business environment to help ensure their survival. Everybody is sitting around starving "waitin for the mills to come back". Oh, they'll set up all kinds of tax subsidized patronage packed BS study Committees, Forums and Economic Development Centers we all have to bow down and pay homage to but they produce absolutely little if anything substantive. They do however make it sound in the newspapers like we're really “movin and shakin” here in good 'ole NW Indiana. Yet they are also more than happy to try to piss away millions to expand electric rail service to Lowell and Valparaiso so that the South Shore Railroad, A.K.A The Little Train That Couldn't, Can't, Won't, Never Did, Never Has and Probably Never Will can haul people to Downtown Chicago where the REAL jobs are. If light rail service from Valpo and Lowell to Downtown Chicago was so desperately needed some bright entrepreneur would have picked up the ball figured out a non-subsidized way to do it.
Oh, and by the way, did I mention? After they get this wonderful can't live without commuter rail expansion the hard working producers who don't need, and couldn't care less about light rail service because it doesn't go where they need to be in the first place and wouldn't ride it even if it was free better hold on to their wallets because if it ever does come, it will also come (even though none of the politicians have the gonads to say it out loud) with a county gasoline tax subsidy rather than charge what it will really cost to haul a body to downtown Chicago. Am I the only one that sees how asinine this is?
So, Plasmatronics got 500 grand from a fund set up to promote high tech ventures and create jobs in Crown Point. It looks to me like this is just what these guys were doing until the Crown Point politicians changed the deal and refused to release the remainder of the funds unless and until the Plasmatronics people dropped their drawers and complied with their new demands. By the way, the simple fact I've yet to hear anyone mention in this forum is that you can't change the terms of a contract after the fact. For this alone the city fathers in CP should loose. Besides, whats 500 grand these days? The Indianapolis legislature easily squanders that away before their first coffee break in the morning with a hell of a lot less to show for it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 pm 

I don't believe glen that anything in the contract was changed. I do believe that plasmatronics breeched on their end of the deal by not even opening up shop and hiring the 200 region people it claimed it would hire. And if plasmatronics has some great car innovation, why didn't any of the car manufacturers want to purchase this patent. oh i forgot. I don't beleiv there was one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:39 pm 

Oh look everyone, a Plastronics employee giving us a sales pitch. Sorry, the bus left a long time ago, you missed it! Who cares what the Times and Post write, in fact who cares about media period! This was a dirty deal from the very beginning. If this company had a successful product to manufacture and sell it wouldn't matter where it was made, especially during a time when people would be willing to try ANYTHING to get better mpg. But again, who even cares about the device itself, it's about the "deal". Who cares about the politicians, yeah Indiana is a joke, so are politicians. Nothing in life is free, this country doesn't owe you a "free start" by use of taxpayers money, my money. FACT: Money was given and contract signed. FACT: Plastronics did not carry out their end of the "deal". FACT: The taxpayers got screwed, again! The only fortunate thing was someone got smart and saved a little of the taxpayers money before this scam could get it all.

:pottytrain2: :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next