Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

How will you react if the Preacher outs posters?
I will contact the Times 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
I will throw out my computer and get a life 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I will quit buying the Preacher beers 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
I don't care, the Preacher and his threats are lame 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Don't worry, the Preacher's promises are worthless 41%  41%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: R.I.P. to the Times forum
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:19 pm 

Here is a quote from the Preacher's thread on the Times forum.
The Preacher wrote:
mhc,
I will I.D. you, that is a promise.
I was able to I.D. your pal "Sparks" in less than 48 hours.

I suspect it won't take much longer to get a line on you.
The purpose of course, is to reveal your true agenda by linking you to a real person.

Your persistence to hassle me and others who just want to post on this thread
for whatever entertainment it provides is juvenile and unacceptable.

Besides, I should know who the people are whos passtime is to damage my reputation.

As it has been in every case, you came to this thread looking for a fight and I am
going to find out why by finding out who you are.
I will also uncover how many board names you are using.

I hope I link you to who I suspect you are.
Then we will see just how much the term "private citizen" applies.

IMO, the only way that the Preacher could out posters at will is if he
has a connection to someone at the Times who is willing to break the confidence of their subscribers and reveal their personal information that was obtained during the registration process. The mismanagement of the message boards at the Times boggles my mind. It is finally starting to generate revenue for them and they continue allow it to be sabotaged. It is obvious to anyone who has posted there that they are censoring posts,deleting threads and banning posters in a effort to squelch any discussion that is not to their liking. Now, it seems they are going to allow the Preacher to disclose private information about their posters. I think we will see a flood of new posters on this forum as people realize that the Times assurance of anonymity on their boards is worthless. It has been over a month since I was banned and it looks to me like the Times bet on the wrong horse when they decided to ban me instead of the Preacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:48 pm 

There are other ways to determine the identity of posters, as I think Sparks may be aware. I wish he'd quit bitching about it already! . What a bore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:57 pm 

freetime wrote:
There are other ways to determine the identity of posters, as I think Sparks may be aware. I wish he'd quit bitching about it already! . What a bore!

Why am I not surprised that you think that the way the Preacher is acting is OK? He is a member of the media and his actions on the Times forum are undermining what little credibility he might have as a talk radio host. He may believe that controversy will build his ratings,but I think he is mistaken.

Post subject: Re: R.I.P. to the Times forum
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:55 pm 

sparks wrote:
The Preacher wrote:
mhc,

The purpose of course, is to reveal your true agenda by linking you to a real person.

Besides, I should know who the people are whos passtime is to damage my reputation.

As it has been in every case, you came to this thread looking for a fight and I am

has a connection to someone at the Times who is willing to break the confidence of their subscribers and reveal their personal information that was obtained during the registration process. The mismanagement of the message boards at the Times boggles my mind. It is finally starting to generate revenue for them and they continue allow it to be sabotaged. It is obvious to anyone who has posted there that they are censoring posts,deleting threads and banning posters in a effort to squelch any discussion that is not to their liking. Now, it seems they are going to allow the Preacher to disclose private information about their posters. I think we will see a flood of new posters on this forum as people realize that the Times assurance of anonymity on their boards is worthless. It has been over a month since I was banned and it looks to me like the Times bet on the wrong horse when they decided to ban me instead of the Preacher.
bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:18 pm 
Banned

Git him, Preacher!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:46 am 

Preacher will not be doing any of the things he said in that post.

The Times board has become a joke. Even pointing out freetime's insanity is getting boring. But I'm starting to have fun with her sockpuppet Not Again. Not Again is beyond therapy. Not Again needs a lobotomy. How sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:25 am 

The times boards have become nearly worthless. A lot of people would come here but its the espresso boards here. Thats worse then the freetime and those that refuse to ignore her on the other board. If espresso left or was forced to leave this board would take off IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:39 am 

MHC
DAVE HAMM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:59 am 
Banned

FFSCOTT: OMG, where are all these trolls coming from? Yes, people like this guy want any forum they are on, to be anti-immigration(in a racist way), pro-conservative, and they simply want to control the board, and the TIMES let them! This FFscott guy probably got himself kicked/banned from the TIMES forum....and now he appears here, like the others(Spearks, Lois Lane, NWIH, etc.!), boy, are we lucky! LOL! The snakes are crawling over from the Times forum, folks! SSSSssssssssss! Watch'em! Anymore of them, and I will leave!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:36 am 

expresso66 wrote:
The snakes are crawling over from the Times forum, folks! SSSSssssssssss! Watch'em! Anymore of them, and I will leave!

hellooooo expressoooooo! lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:12 am 

sparks wrote:
The Preacher wrote:
mhc,

has a connection to someone at the Times who is willing to break the confidence of their subscribers and reveal their personal information that was obtained during the registration process.
The mismanagement of the message boards at the Times boggles my mind. It is finally starting to generate revenue for them and they continue allow it to be sabotaged. It is obvious to anyone who has posted there that they are censoring posts,deleting threads and banning posters in a effort to squelch any discussion that is not to their liking. Now, it seems they are going to allow the Preacher to disclose private information about their posters. I think we will see a flood of new posters on this forum as people realize that the Times assurance of anonymity on their boards is worthless. It has been over a month since I was banned and it looks to me like the Times bet on the wrong horse when they decided to ban me instead of the Preacher.

At one time, the Preacher was going to reveal my identity also. I told him, at the time, the ONLY way he could do it was if he had a "friend" at the TIMES. Then he shut up!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:49 am 

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
sparks wrote:
The Preacher wrote:
mhc,

has a connection to someone at the Times who is willing to break the confidence of their subscribers and reveal their personal information that was obtained during the registration process.
The mismanagement of the message boards at the Times boggles my mind. It is finally starting to generate revenue for them and they continue allow it to be sabotaged. It is obvious to anyone who has posted there that they are censoring posts,deleting threads and banning posters in a effort to squelch any discussion that is not to their liking. Now, it seems they are going to allow the Preacher to disclose private information about their posters. I think we will see a flood of new posters on this forum as people realize that the Times assurance of anonymity on their boards is worthless. It has been over a month since I was banned and it looks to me like the Times bet on the wrong horse when they decided to ban me instead of the Preacher.

At one time, the Preacher was going to reveal my identity also. I told him, at the time, the ONLY way he could do it was if he had a "friend" at the TIMES. Then he shut up!

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Time's board next week. When the Preacher is openly proclaiming that he has the ability to ID anyone who posts on the Time's forum, I think it destroys the whole purpose of a local message board. IMO, the Times should investigate this issue and see if an employee is leaking personal,confidential info about posters to the Preacher or anyone else.There is absolutely no excuse for the Times to allow the Preacher to continue to post if they want to maintain the integrity of their board. I was banned for doing far less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:12 pm 
Banned

expresso66 wrote:
The snakes are crawling over from the Times forum, folks! SSSSssssssssss! Watch'em! Anymore of them, and I will leave!

We will hold you to this.

I agree with FFScott. The Times had a great discussion board, but in the past few months they flushed it down the toilet. They slowed the board to a crawl by installing a buggy phpBB3 (which is more bot and ad friendly than phpBB2) and flooding the board with bots and advertisements. They let sockpuppets take over the board. They are protecting certain members and silencing others, apparently to further their own political agenda. (FWIW, this discussion board seems to be guilty of this as well, though for reasons unknown. Why expresso has not been banned here remains one of life's mysteries.)

There are literally dozens of active posters on the Times board that are fed up and would make this their home if expresso were not here. But...maybe this is all the members the administrator wants. This board is pretty slow, I suspect due to server issues. Increasing the size of this board will probably require more money for more server bandwidth. If I were in the administrator's shoes, I would ask myself whether I want to spend more money to add members who will likely not help me promote my main website.

So I have a suggestion to those who would leave the Times discussion board permanently for here if expresso was gone. Change your signature on the Times board to:

For information about the Region, visit: http://www.northwestindiana.com

Show your support for this site. I'll bet the administrator listens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:13 pm 
Banned

And that was a good thing that you were banned, The TIMES noticed how you caused trouble on every thread you postd on. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:22 pm 
Banned

Anyway, to add to what I said above. If you are a member of any other local/regional discussion board and would like to make this your home if expresso were gone, change your signature on all the other boards to:

For information about the Region, visit: http://www.northwestindiana.com

Give the administrator here a reason to get rid of expresso and add more server horsepower!