Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unions Hold Road Work Hostage With Their Greed
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 am 

Beg? In a thriving economy unions actually limit the number of employed people. In any economy it affects whether a project is cost feasible or not to a degree. But of course you'd rather get a few dollars more than have more people making a paycheck. That's one of the reasons so many jobs got sent overseas. But that issue aside, it is insane to give government workers collective bargaining. I'm told that on average government workers make more for the same work than private sector folks. Those government unions have all but bankrupt California and IL. How's that workin' out? Oh yea, clamoring for even more taxation that people can't afford to pay.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

Post subject: Re: Proud union members.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:58 am 

sparks wrote:
volunteer in their community and to support local businesses,charities and churches.

I've asked you at least 20-25 times what charities you donate to.

I mean really sparks,...why can't you answer this simple question?

Ya know what the reality of it all is folks?...this is a union hack who thinks he's entitled to the best pay, the best retirement package, the best working conditions, and then expects someone else to foot the entire bill for all of it. No matter what it costs say in terms of gub'mint bailouts because of fraud waste and abuse..

This whiner never once asked, ''what can I contribute to the common good that earns me this best pay, this best retirement package, this best working conditions?

nope...nada....never.... not once.

He brings NOTHING to the table except a knife fork and spoon.

He demands that the people who sign his paycheck every week and who take all the financial risks should have to make all the concessions and pay him what HE thinks he is worth.

And since he has nothing to offer, we get treated to these fantastic tales describing how all these union members will be seen running around all over the county spending all of their hard earned money on our local businesses, charities and churches as though they want to give something back because of the generous and bloated earnings bestowed upon them.

Sounds like a real tearjerker moment don't it folks? LOL!!!!

My question is. why hasn't he done this already?

well maybe he has and I may have been wrong all along...let's take a look at this...it goes back to Dec of 09.

Quote:
sparks wrote:
There are plenty of local charities that I donate my time and money to.

http://www.northwestindiana.com/discuss ... be#p101901

yeah?...name one.

but he won't. And I can't explain that.

Now I would imagine here folks, that if this guy actually wanted others to support his union contract negotiations and he tries to garner that support by telling them about all these supposed charities he donates ''plenty'' of his time and money to, (even now he's added how all his union buddies will do the same if they get their bloated contracts), he might actually consider giving these people a few examples of the people and social programs who have benefited from kind and caring support they have received from sparkie and his union buddies as he claims.

It might help his cause don't ya think?

My only guess is that it might be a conflict of interest when after claiming to donate ''plenty'' of your time and money to charity you turn right around and gorge yourself at the gub'mint feeding trough for your ''free money''.

that's' right folks....''free money''.

yeah...he won't explain that one either or where it even comes from.

''FREE MONEY'' is what the ''progressives'' refer to as receiving taxpayer money straight into your pockets in the form of washers, dryers, vehicles, TV sets, school tuition and even free housing etc etc etc in the hopes you will vote for a particular candidate.

(pssssssssst...I can hear it now folks...next thing he'll tell us how all this time and money he claims to have donated is done so ''anonymously''

he's just that kind of an entrepreneur...)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:22 pm 

What he means is his forced contribution union dues contributes. :P

Let's see what "charities" these could be. Media Matters, the DNC (is there a difference?), Planned Parenthood to provide "health services" for women already on Medicaid (meaning nothing but life termination of undesirables)...shall I continue? I wonder who paid for those union thugs to go out to Nevada and physically harass Tea Party supporters in Nevada last year and "charitable causes" like that there. ;)

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:10 pm 

Regionite wrote:
Beg? In a thriving economy unions actually limit the number of employed people. In any economy it affects whether a project is cost feasible or not to a degree. But of course you'd rather get a few dollars more than have more people making a paycheck. That's one of the reasons so many jobs got sent overseas. But that issue aside, it is insane to give government workers collective bargaining. I'm told that on average government workers make more for the same work than private sector folks. Those government unions have all but bankrupt California and IL. How's that workin' out? Oh yea, clamoring for even more taxation that people can't afford to pay.

Your post contains a charming mixture of stupidity,jealousy and the usual lies union hating bigots roll out. I'm especially amused that you think government employees shouldn't have the same rights to unionize that other Americans have. Unions are the only protection most government employees have to keep them from being made pawns by the party that is in power.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:33 pm 

sparks wrote:
Regionite wrote:

Your post contains a charming mixture of stupidity,jealousy and the usual lies union hating bigots roll out. I'm especially amused that you think government employees shouldn't have the same rights to unionize that other Americans have. Unions are the only protection most government employees have to keep them from being made pawns by the party that is in power.

Not that I ever expect an answer from you when I catch you in another of your amazing acts of hatred, bullying and ad hominem attacks, but would you kindly point out which part of Regionite's statement was bigoted?

Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Last time I checked you were/are a fatter than average white person.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 pm 

Not that I ever expect an answer from you when I catch you in another of your amazing acts of hatred, bullying and ad hominem attacks, but would you kindly point out which part of Regionite's statement was bigoted?

Is he implying that all union workers are minorities or perhaps just government unionized workers? lol

Speaking of bigots, I hope everybody knows the history of the unions and how they used to be be overtly bigoted themselves. Let that know it all just try and refute that! ;)

You know I never actually heard of the union bosses apologizing for that period of their history promise and proclaim that racism is now purged from their ranks. They just stopped making such statements out in the open as the minority dues started adding to their coffers and political correctness began to take hold nationwide.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:08 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 pm 

I outta look up some of those union ads degrading people of Chinese descent. And remember that ad campaign in the 70s talking about proudly wearing the union label?? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:37 am 

Regionite wrote:

Is he implying that all union workers are minorities or perhaps just government unionized workers? lol

Speaking of bigots, I hope everybody knows the history of the unions and how they used to be be overtly bigoted themselves. Let that know it all just try and refute that! ;)

You know I never actually heard of the union bosses apologizing for that period of their history promise and proclaim that racism is now purged from their ranks. They just stopped making such statements out in the open as the minority dues started adding to their coffers and political correctness began to take hold nationwide.

One of the biggest reasons why haters like you oppose unions is because minorities and women receive the same wages as whites. Unions in the US have always advocated diversity and inclusion. Thanks for weighing in on this thread and giving me a chance to whip you like a red haired step child!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:03 am 

sparks wrote:
Regionite wrote:

One of the biggest reasons why haters like you oppose unions is because minorities and women receive the same wages as whites. Unions in the US have always advocated diversity and inclusion. Thanks for weighing in on this thread and giving me a chance to whip you like a red haired step child!

What a crock!

So do you think a city with a total budget of $100 mil should have to pay $15 mil on pensions like in Costa Mesa, CA? Should government employees get 90% of their last pay year as a yearly pension for life if they retire at age 50? That's what your government unions boast of. No wonder the government is going broke! :roll:

I'll tell you what I do hate; self serving lairs spewing out hate speech like you do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:33 am 

Unions in the US have always advocated diversity and inclusion.

Another lie! :roll:

Not always, unless you want to totally ignore history even through the Civil Rights movement.

http://www.shmoop.com/history-labor-unions/race.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:50 am 

sparks wrote:
Your post contains a charming mixture of stupidity,jealousy and the usual lies union hating bigots roll out.

What charities do you donate ''plenty'' of your time and money to?

sparks wrote:
I'm especially amused that you think government employees shouldn't have the same rights to unionize that other Americans have. Unions are the only protection most government employees have to keep them from being made pawns by the party that is in power.

being made pawns by the party that is in power.? that's really funny sparks... many of the people who are gub'mint employed is because of nepotism, cronyism so STFU

why should taxpayers be footing the bill for all these lucrative benefits when many themselves don't get them?

I'm not expecting an answer to either of these questions. This slob will just rattle off the bigot, racist union haters line as usual. That is the extent of the ''adult conversation'' he always blubbers on about.

just like he did here.

if this guy really tried to make it on his merit alone he'd be working the drive up window and he knows it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:43 pm 

sparks wrote:
Your post contains a charming mixture of stupidity,jealousy and the usual lies union hating bigots roll out. Unions are the only protection most government employees have to keep them from being made pawns by the party that is in power.

You are correct on both accounts...they are jealous that many of our union members have fought, endured hardships, and even died for what we now have earned and enjoy. They want everyone to work for $8.00 an hour with no benefits...They want to keep the working man down and indebted to the company...this is what their union-busting agenda is intended to do. It is so funny that right now in GA (due to the new immigration law the state has passed) they can't find enough workers to pick the crops and the crops are dying on the vine...gee no line for the $9.00 an hour without any benefits jobs that are available?

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:26 pm 

Did you notice that there are only two pro union people?

Both are in unions.

Both are hardcore lefties by anyone's standard.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:02 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Did you notice that there are only two pro union people?

Both are in unions.

Both are hardcore lefties by anyone's standard.

Hey brain stem, 1.3 million people in Ohio signed a petition to repeal the attack on unions that their governor pushed through. We can't help it if there are only two posters left on this board with any intelligence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next