Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama Will Ration Healthcare - A Matter of Life & Death
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:19 pm 

Quote:
Just this morning I posted the quotes on Dr Emanuel that spells out where the rationing will occur.

You're seriously trying to tell me that what Emanuel said back in 1996 is going to be in a bill thats going to be passed in congress this year?..give me a fricken break.
Emanuel is not in congress, so I really don't give a crap what he said in 1996.
Quote:
As opposed to the lie being perpetuated by the Democrats that there will not be any rationing.

Right, as opposed to the lie being perpetuated by the republicans that everything is just fine, so let's just take our time & not do a damn thing.

Quote:
That choice is NOT in the hands of individuals. It is in the hands of their employers almost exclusively.

Yes, that's right.
So why are all the ignorant cons at those meetings & the clowns on Fake News yelling, crying, moaning & groaning that right now they have a choice & if a bill is passed they won't?

Oh that's right they're ignorant.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
Just this morning I posted the quotes on Dr Emanuel that spells out where the rationing will occur.

You're seriously trying to tell me that what Emanuel said back in 1996 is going to be in a bill thats going to be passed in congress this year?..give me a fricken break.
Quote:
As opposed to the lie being perpetuated by the Democrats that there will not be any rationing.

Right, as opposed to the lie being perpetuated by the republicans that everything is just fine, so let's just take our time & not do a damn thing.

Quote:
That choice is NOT in the hands of individuals. It is in the hands of their employers almost exclusively.

Yes, that's right.
So why are all the ignorant cons at those meetings & the clowns on Fake News yelling, crying, moaning & groaning that right now they have a choice & if a bill is passed they won't?

Oh that's right they're ignorant.

His quotes ranged from 1996 ... to August 16th of this year. You really do not take the time to read ....

Quote:
As he wrote in the Feb. 27, 2008, issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA): "Vague promises of savings from cutting waste, enhancing prevention and wellness, installing electronic medical records and improving quality of care are merely 'lipstick' cost control, more for show and public relations than for true change."

Quote:
"You can't avoid these questions," Dr. Emanuel said in an Aug. 16 Washington Post interview. "We had a big controversy in the United States when there was a limited number of dialysis machines. In Seattle, they appointed what they called a 'God committee' to choose who should get it, and that committee was eventually abandoned. Society ended up paying the whole bill for dialysis instead of having people make those decisions."

Quote:
True reform, he argues, must include redefining doctors' ethical obligations. In the June 18, 2008, issue of JAMA, Dr. Emanuel blames the Hippocratic Oath for the "overuse" of medical care: "Medical school education and post graduate education emphasize thoroughness," he writes. "This culture is further reinforced by a unique understanding of professional obligations, specifically the Hippocratic Oath's admonition to 'use my power to help the sick to the best of my ability and judgment' as an imperative to do everything for the patient regardless of cost or effect on others."

And his input is definitely taken to heart as his appointments by the president ....
Quote:
has already been appointed to two key positions: health-policy adviser at the Office of Management and Budget and a member of the Federal Council on Comparative Effectiveness Research. He clearly will play a role guiding the White House's health initiative.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:43 pm 

edge540 wrote:

mattlap wrote:
His quotes ranged from 1996 ... to August 16th of this year

Ah yes....the proof.

Well done, mattlap.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:17 pm 

I'm sick and tired about hearing that this so called public option. It's not a public option. It's a government option.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:47 pm 

So?
WTF, difference does it make to you what WTF it's called?

The key word here is that it's an option.

You know what option means?...that means you or your employer will have a CHOICE between the 'government' option or a billion dollar for profit insurance corporation that keeps raising premiums because they pay their executives millions of dollars for rationing health care.....to you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:57 pm 

edge540 wrote:
So?
WTF, difference does it make to you what WTF it's called?

You know what option means?...that means you or your employer will have a CHOICE between the 'government' option or a billion dollar for profit insurance corporation that keeps raising premiums because they pay their executives millions of dollars for rationing health care.....to you.

Sorry but I have Blue Cross and my premiums are never raised. We get it through the union. And the union people we all know are against this government insurance.Talk about a bunch of pissed off people who believe they will no longer have good health insurance! Nice way to get rid of the unions if you ask us. Matter of fact we don't know of all too many people who voted for Obama who are union. I know this may come as a big shock to you but to bad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm 

Quote:
Sorry but I have Blue Cross and my premiums are never raised. We get it through the union.

Yeah, my premiums never went up for 38 years.
That's because they went up for who I was working for.
You are really ignorant if you don't know that, that is the same for you.

You're in a union & a conservative??!! who is stupid enough to vote AGAINST YOUR OWN INTERESTS?...WOW.

You vote for anti labor, anti union republicans?...yeah that's brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:29 pm 

edge540 wrote:

You really believe that the company absorbed those costs without passing them on to you in some form or another whether it was reduced benefits or reduced wages...?

WOW... :shock:

Our "eduction" system is in worse shape than I thought... :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:30 pm 
Banned

weak, spineless, liberal pussy, the oldlyingturd540 wrote:

You're in a union & a conservative?

Boy, I'll bet THIS guy was joy to have around for 38 years, huh?

Anyway jagoff, maybe the union is a condition of employment. I know plenty of folks who say their union is just like the weak, spineless, liberal pussy, the OLT540. It ain't worth a damn.
It only protects all the deadbeats, morons, and lazy asses like the OLT....but they had to join.

Last edited by censorthis on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:57 pm 

edge540 wrote:
Quote:
Sorry but I have Blue Cross and my premiums are never raised. We get it through the union.

You're in a union & a conservative??!! who is stupid enough to vote AGAINST YOUR OWN INTERESTS?...WOW.

You vote for anti labor, anti union republicans?...yeah that's brilliant.

Let's put it this way. We were smart enough to know Obama is a bullshitter. We were smart enough to know he'd push us into government run health care. We were smart enough to know he would do nothing about NAFTA. He's really for the unions , LOL. He just took over a union car company and it's not coming back either. There's a lot hard working people who are in unions and not some lazy slob like sparks! Just like people go for jobs that offer excellent insurance, the same holds true for union people. Take that away and adios unions because thats the reason people join. Your an idiot. Not all people are as dumb as you and lots of union people too!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:09 pm 

edge540 wrote:

An option is only an option if it will still be there. The democratic end game is clear that they will subvert private insurance with artificial cost savings in their own public plan that will then be dumped onto private insurers via cost shifting. In addition the government will pass mandates and eventually regulate the private insurers out of business.

Their motive is pretty clear without having to go too deep into the subject. It's in their own words, in their own statements.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204683204574356560765324476.html

Quote:
Some liberals were honest, or used to be honest, about where all this would lead. Barney Frank noted the main reason Democrats were not backing a total government takeover: "We don't have the votes for it. I wish we did. I think if we had a good public option it would lead to single payer." Then there's Mr. Obama's now famous 2003 remarks: "I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health-care program. . . . But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately."

And quite frankly you aren't even willing to be honest yourself like the rest of the pushers of this plan and say "Yes, we intend on getting rid of your insurance and being single payer" and "Yes we realize there will be rationing." Instead you all are willing to lie to the US public in order to get something passed and then pull the rug out from under the public.

Don't you remember saying this ...

edge540 wrote:
matt wrote:
Quote:
Don't be delusional and not believe that the plan is to crush the private insurance industry. It may take a decade or even longer, but the industry will be crushed thru regulation and un-competitive practices by the government.

Oh you mean we will no longer have insurance company CEO's & executives making 10 million per year because they deny insurance to people with pre existing conditions?...oh yeah that will be a shame.

guess what matt, if there not any private for profit insurance companies around, I really, really don't give a sh*t.

Quote:
At that point we will have no other option than to have government owned clinics and hospitals just as they do in Europe.

Good, that's fine with me.

US vs French Medical Care, My Personal Experience
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/martin-va ... 44164.html

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:30 pm 
Banned

If it turns out to be better than my current coverage I'll check it out. If not I'll keep what I have.
That's why it's called a public option

What I do know is that my current coverage which is excellent, costs $14,000 per year.

Remember it's an option.

Oh you mean we will no longer have insurance company CEO's & executives making 10 million per year because they deny insurance to people with pre existing conditions?...oh yeah that will be a shame.

guess what matt, if there not any private for profit insurance companies around, I really, really don't give a sh*t.

Quote:
lappdog: At that point we will have no other option than to have government owned clinics and hospitals just as they do in Europe.

OLT540: Good, that's fine with me.

So unlike the t*** to lie so much, huh? Geez, he's all over the place with the bullshit here, crowing about the "option" and how he may keep the "excellent" coverage that he has, and ridiculing folks for not knowing the meaning of "option"... all the usual t*** lies and nonsense. But.......... then the t*** loses that famous temper of his and the truth comes out as it always does with the t***. The t*** clearly wants nothing but single-payer government run healthcare. Guess the t*** changed his mind about keeping that "excellent" coverage for 14K. Just another hateful, miserable liberal pussy/liberal parasite who wants everyone else to pay his way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:53 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:40 am 
Banned

According to the Rasmussen Poll, August 31, 2009:

"Twenty-nine percent (29%) are confident that Congress knows what it’s doing when it comes to the economy. If Americans could vote to keep or replace the entire Congress, 57% would throw out all the legislators and start over again. Just 25% would vote to keep the Congress."

If that 57% are angry Republican mobs, just wait until they vote.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:59 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next