Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Robert Corbin breaks silence for own gain
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:09 am 

In a stunning article today, CP Councilman Robert Corbin spoke to the press on an issue that has not been discussed in any public meetings yet. What are his motives? Well, let's see. Robert Corbin is also lead council for St Anthony Medical Center and his job depends on his being able to defeat a proposed ethanol plant locating near St Anthony property just off of I65.

Councilman Corbin has no interest in bring needed money to the city to save taxpayers' money or to bring hundreds of jobs to the area.

Corbin has a major conflict of interest and not only should he not be talking to the press, but he should recuse himself from any discussions or votes on the issue. And since no one else in the administration is in a position talk about the issue, Corbin should be asked by his constituents, fellow councilmen, and the CP GOP to step down as a councilman since he has broken ethics violations.

http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/art ... 23395.html

Post subject: Re: Robert Corbin breaks silence for own gain
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:40 am 

Corbin even got his old pals on the Times editorial board to side with him. Looks like he is in full court press mode.

http://nwitimes.com/news/opinion/editor ... 1ee7c.html

If Corbin says it's bad, it's got to be good.

Look at his history: Cobin said Gordon Foods, Lauth, and Plasmatronics were all good business ventures for the city. None brought anything to CP and we have even been in lawsuits because of them.

Is it time for Corbin to go?

How about a fresh face with no conflicts of interest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:30 am 
Banned

Corbin also supported $500,000 of taxpayer's funds for Brogen Pharmaceuticals without ensuring that they had clear patent rights to their technology.

Gordon Foods, Plasmatronics, Brogen Pharmaceuticals, Lauth - How many strikes do you get before you're out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:29 pm 

Dick,

With respect, you do not know what you are talking about. Bob Corbin is a rational voice of leadership and frankly I am not sure why he bothers exposing himself to petty sniping of local politics. His job is certainly not on the line at St. Anthony's if he does not get the ethanol plant moved. Your claim that it is, is the only garbage I smell. Have you studied their proposal? The jobs it claims to create mostly involve standing all day in a pile of garbage with hip waders separating garbage. The use of fresh water to create ethanol is a waste. If not for govt subsidies of the price of ethanol, it does not make any sense. It is a lousy solution, and once the market figures that out, this business will fold and leave a scar on the landscape.

Bob has actually been fairly consistent, He wants quality jobs. Gordon Foods he worked hard with an entire team of city officials, and it was the kind of jobs we wanted, but they unilaterally pulled back, no lawsuit, not Bob's fault. Lauth, wanted to put their low end walmart plan on the edge of town. Many good faith efforts were made by the entire city to encourage a quality development with retailers who pay their workers well. Lauth didn't want to play by our rules, sued but will never win. Check out Lauth's reputation, and you might thank Bob Corbin for saving us from having the type of half build retail center that Valpo is dealing with at Rout 2 and 49 by-pass.

Bob has been the sane voice of reason, as mayors come and go in Crown Point. He has a historic perspective of decisions made and has been a calm voice in the city council. I do not know why he does it, and the only conclusion I can come to is an irrational love for Crown Point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:24 pm 
Banned

Nonsense, I wish I had a load of that to fertilize my garden.

Corbin lied about bringing Gordon Foods to Crown Point so the city would pay to bring utilities and roads to a supposed location near his farm - which he and his sister then sold at a substantial profit.

He didn't check out Plasmatronics or Brogan Pharmaceuticals adequately. That cost Crown Point taxpayer $1 million plus legal fees.

He shouldn't be allowed near the Crown Point decision-making process or the Crown Point checkbook.

He is the Godfather of political corruption in Crown Point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:09 am 

Couldn't have said it any better! Can you say "personal agenda", "personal and financial gain"... Can you say "politician"? I got more news for you, if you people think there is anything good behind the “Franciscan Sister’s” I got some property to sell you!

Looks like a family member or close friend created a new user name in a lame attempt to sell us on how great he is... but you can't change the smell!