Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Obama Risks U.S. Security for Political Gain
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:44 pm 

George McFly wrote:
I actually did find unrefutable in several dictionaries. And yes, I know, I have way too much time on my hands.

Yeah, it's a curse and a blessing....... :smt006

Pray tell which dictionaries listed "unrefutable" and what were the definitions...?

I'm just curious if our language has become as bastardized as our president.

:smt005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:44 pm 
Banned

George McFly wrote:
I actually did find unrefutable in several dictionaries. And yes, I know, I have way too much time on my hands.

It doesn't matter. I will GUARANTEE he used it meaning to use "irrefutable", but was too stupid to know the right word. The fact he took the time to look it up shows how much it bothers him. It's just so easy to get this guy riled up, he reads every word I post, and it's fun knowing how god damn mad he gets pounding at that keyboard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm 

Waterboarding IS torture

Bush Defends Mukasey On Waterboarding

(CBS) Waterboarding, a controversial interrogation technique that simulates drowning, dates back to at least the Spanish Inquisition, and has been used some of the world's cruelest dictatorships, according to Human Rights Watch.

Forms of waterboarding vary but generally consist of immobilizing an individual on his or her back - head inclined downward - and pouring water over the face to induce the sensation of drowning.

Other techniques include dunking prisoners head-first into water, as was used by Chadian military forces in the mid 1980s. The Khmer Rouge, responsible for the deaths of approximately 1.5 million Cambodians during the 1970s, strapped victims on inclined boards, with feet raised and head lowered, and covered their faces with cloth or cellophane. Water then was poured over their mouths to stimulate drowning.

Waterboarding, long considered a form of torture by the United States, produces a gag reflex and makes the victim believe death is imminent. The technique leaves no visible physical damage.

Republican presidential candidate John McCain, who was tortured as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam, considers waterboarding a form of torture. McCain has been quoted as saying that waterboarding is "no different than holding a pistol to his head and firing a blank."

After World War II, U.S. military commissions prosecuted several Japanese soldiers for subjecting U.S. soldiers to waterboarding, according to Human Rights Watch. In 1968, a U.S. soldier was court-martialed for water boarding a Vietnamese prisoner.

But in October 2006, Vice President Dick Cheney confirmed the United States had used the controversial technique to interrogate senior Al Qaeda suspects, and he said the White House did not consider waterboarding a form of torture.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:44 pm 
Banned

weak, spineless, liberal pussy, the oldlyingturd540 wrote:

Go beat the old lady and go to bed old man. Dream of Bush & Cheney. You got another big day of board laughingstock/punching bag ahead of you tomorrow.