Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Local Community
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:56 am 

I don't think too many people scroll down this far, I almost didn't. Maybe that's why not too many post here, did anyone from whiting actually join this site?

:smt006 Helllloooo, anyone from (or close to Whiting) out there?????

Post subject: Re: Local Community
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:12 am 

I'm here! :D

Good to hear from you, Tyme! :smt006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:02 pm 

Well, howdy Hiccup1 (nice touch adding the 1), we can't let poor Rosie talk to herself now can we? How do you figure we can entice the other ones to come on over to the other side???? A few of those posters from Whiting had some good posts, especially that JJwasz, that guy cracked me up. and DaBears with his ta and da's, who else? whitingliberal, what happened to her, she ok?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:10 pm 

Is Whiting still around? I thought it went out of business.

Oh well it won't be long now! Let us know when you're ready and we'll just move the welcome to Hammond sign a little farther north. :D

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:50 pm 

Drove through there the other day and saw that they were demolishing the old Globe buildings, and they were tearing up the last stretch of 119th street and putting in some pipes. maybe since they didn't have that carnival, they saved enough money for awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:59 pm 

See that's just the problem. If you are just 1 party away from collapse then what sense does it make to fight the inevitable? It only puts you in a much worse position to bargain later. And for what? One or two more years of independence? Well, I guess I could see why some city workers might want to put it off if they think they will be put out of work. Then again, that's actually MORE likely by waiting until you are bankrupt to make the change.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:28 am 

I don't think the city is on the verge of bankruptcy, maybe some of its residents are or they are looking at foreclosures. that Globe roofing they are tearing down (or whoever is tearing it down) needed to go. it was an eyesore, kids were going into it, it wasn't paying any taxes, I doubt if anyone was going to rehab it (and for what?).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:33 am 

Tyme wrote:
I don't think the city is on the verge of bankruptcy, maybe some of its residents are or they are looking at foreclosures. that Globe roofing they are tearing down (or whoever is tearing it down) needed to go. it was an eyesore, kids were going into it, it wasn't paying any taxes, I doubt if anyone was going to rehab it (and for what?).

Well Tyme, we all know this to be true for one certain resident, don't we?! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 am 

:twisted:

Hiccup, you crack me up. I wonder who you might be talking about? I understand that she's gonna be on tv coming up, I wonder if she'll make a bigger fool of herself?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:13 am 

Mephisto, where have you been on some type of extended vacation????

and whatcha talking about someone's going to be on tv? is it one of those talk shows that like to air dirty little secrets?, aren't those only for like an hour or so?wouldn't be enough time. or is it something else? do tell ----- so I can get the popcorn ready.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:12 am 

Mephisto wrote:

Hiccup, you crack me up. I wonder who you might be talking about? I understand that she's gonna be on tv coming up, I wonder if she'll make a bigger fool of herself?

Hi Meph! Yes, she got her '15 minutes of fame' (actually, 30 minutes) recently on that show, HGTV's Hidden Potential. And it was entertaining! I'm sure you can catch it on reruns.

She acted like downsizing to a 'fix-it-upper' was going to solve all her financial problems, yet we all know that she can't even afford to downsize to a rented apartment!

Isn't she still past-due on her property taxes?! Oh, that's right, she's going to pay them "when she's damn good and ready to do so and not a moment sooner." Now there's an example of financial wisdom. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:58 am 

Tyme wrote
Quote:
Mephisto, where have you been on some type of extended vacation????

Actually Tyme, I have been on a nice tropical vacation. Had to brighten up my nice red skin color, you know. But that's not the reason, since things went to hell, ha ha, on the other board, I didn't even think of this one, since in the past there had only been one or two posters. I just happened to stop here on a lark, and quite frankly, I had forgotten that I was even registered here.

Hiccup, I'm not even sure that I want her to move. On the one hand she is very annoying and does nothing but trash on Whiting and Mayor Joe, but on the other hand, she is soooooooooooooooooo entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:45 pm 

I agree, Meph. She is good for many laughs. I'm sure others feel the same way we do. And I'm sure we haven't heard the last of her. She always seems to make herself known. I suspect we'll hear from her again soon.

I believe the correct term for her 'move' is foreclosure, so she'll actually be forced to leave - or - she's walking away from the house soon. (So much for her prior posts on the other board stating that she could afford to stay, but wants to get out before her property value drops even more).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:42 am 

We had a good crowd at the Democratic Picnic yesterday. Just a beautiful day to have it, light breezes off the lake made it very comfortable. The food was great, especially the corn on the cob, my compliments to all of the people manning the grills. My compliments to the bartenders also, Spe, Harry, Larry, and Tom.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:44 am 

One can always find fun things to do in Whiting, and you can always count on good people to help out whenever there's a need - this can't be said for other communities.