Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:11 pm 
Banned

You NEVER lived in Crown Point. You don't live in Dyer, Indiana. You live with the other illegals in a chopped up house with 2, 3 or 4 families.

I have proof.

In East Chicago, where I am friends with a realtor. Can't poop your pants out of this one, or move your tent you use in the summer. Lard azz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:47 pm 
Banned

Can't argue with the truth: Immigration & the IRS.

Can you, Exprazzo? Nope!

what'cha doing posting 2:00 p.m. something on a Monday? My job is flexible. I work when they need me...when I want....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:55 pm 
Banned

like picking up the garbage when they need someone to pick it up! You pick it up on Braodway street in the Harbor, where PR Deelight lives at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:07 am 

The TIMES wrote:
Assessment mistake will cost East Chicago
TAXES : Tax shortfall and state-mandated freeze may jeopardize pay raises
BY BILL DOLAN
bdolan@nwitimes.com
Date posted online: Friday, January 04, 2008

EAST CHICAGO | The North Township assessor made an error that will result in an estimated $11.5 million shortfall in East Chicago's tax revenue, the assessor confirmed Thursday.

Assessor John Matonovich publicly acknowledged the mistake in a letter released Thursday by his chief deputy, Margot Miller. Miller said Matonovich would have no further comment on the matter.

Sherry Stone, an assistant to Lake County Assessor Paul Karras, said the error apparently occurred when the township's assessment of the ArcelorMittal steel plant was mistakenly entered twice into the county's database under the separate names of Inland and Mittal.

Inland changed its corporate name after merging into ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steelmaker.

Matonovich states in the letter, "As you are aware, a data input error in my office has erroneously produced a $151 million assessment notice, which will result in a $11.5 million shortfall in tax collections for the City of East Chicago.

"I assume full responsibility for the error. I apologize to Mayor Pabey, the elected officials of East Chicago and to the citizens of East Chicago for this gross error."

In the letter, Matonovich also promised added levels of review to ensure similar situation will not reoccur.

James Bennett, a financial consultant for East Chicago, said he is trying to determine the impact of the error but believes Matonovich's multimillion dollar estimate may be too high.

"We don't know all the facts. We are going to have everyone sit down in the same room and figure it out," Bennett said.

Bennett said the city budget already is under stress because of a state-mandated property-tax freeze that will deny $2 million to the city budget this year. He said proposed pay raises for employees may be jeopardized.

Stone said the township assessors have been struggling with the new system of linking property taxes to real estate market values.

Last month, Ross Township Assessor Randall Guernsey said his office is correcting an undervaluation of Westfield Southlake mall, more than doubling the shopping center's tax value to make it right.

And last spring, a vacant lot in East Chicago was mistakenly given a $1.2 billion value because of a clerical error, with a North Township assessor's employee mistaking square feet for acres, the township assessor reported.

Another mistake....Maybe Pasterick should run again. He would have had this guy's head on a platter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:14 pm 
Banned

It will affect only city workers, if it has an effect at all.~~~ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:32 pm 

expresso66 wrote:
It will affect only city workers, if it has an effect at all.~~~ :lol:

yeah, East Chicago will never miss $11.5 million.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:35 am 
Banned

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:32 am 

The TIMES wrote:
Hammond man shot dead in East Chicago

BY LAURI HARVEY KEAGLE
lkeagle@nwitimes.com
Date posted online: Thursday, January 10, 2008

EAST CHICAGO | A Hammond man was shot to death in East Chicago early Thursday morning in an apparent homicide, according to the Lake County Coroner's Office.

Anthony D. Hinton, 21, of the 6500 block of Jefferson Ave., was pronounced dead at 4:13 a.m. in the emergency room of St. Catherine's Hospital, according to the coroner's office. Hinton suffered multiple gunshot wounds as the result of an apparent homicide, according to the coroner's report.

The shooting death occurred at 4844 Gladiola Ave. The coroner's office reported police were called to the scene to investigate a disturbance with shots fired.

East Chicago police referred questions about the homicide to Police Chief Angelo Machuca, who was not available for comment early Thursday morning.

What a lovely little hamlet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
The TIMES wrote:
Hammond man shot dead in East Chicago

BY LAURI HARVEY KEAGLE
lkeagle@nwitimes.com
Date posted online: Thursday, January 10, 2008

EAST CHICAGO | A Hammond man was shot to death in East Chicago early Thursday morning in an apparent homicide, according to the Lake County Coroner's Office.

Anthony D. Hinton, 21, of the 6500 block of Jefferson Ave., was pronounced dead at 4:13 a.m. in the emergency room of St. Catherine's Hospital, according to the coroner's office. Hinton suffered multiple gunshot wounds as the result of an apparent homicide, according to the coroner's report.

The shooting death occurred at 4844 Gladiola Ave. The coroner's office reported police were called to the scene to investigate a disturbance with shots fired.

East Chicago police referred questions about the homicide to Police Chief Angelo Machuca, who was not available for comment early Thursday morning.

What a lovely little hamlet.

West Side Hamlet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:40 pm 
Banned

Yes, it IS aLOVELY Hamlet. Everyone is jealous because they can't live there. For real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:04 pm 

expresso66 wrote:
Yes, it IS aLOVELY Hamlet. Everyone is jealous because they can't live there. For real.

I was kidding! It is a HELL hole, and only fit for animals.
Are you really that stupid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:42 pm 
Banned

expresso66 wrote:

Wow, for living in Crown Point and Dyer, Exprazzo sure knows his streets in E.C.

You wanna commit suicide? Take a trip to E.C. It's just a gorgeous ground for killings.

Your family can actually sue, even though you went there to commit suicide. Fly by specials are a specialty!

No money down...just drive through. Oh, and notice the Spanish-Billboards on your way to death.

Mexico erected in a cesspool of non-speaking Enlish illegally there, gangsters. What a lovely place to live and fly through if you consider suicide.

To top the sundae, they teach their children at an early age how to be a "gansta."

They don't charge, don't ask, just shoot ya. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:31 pm 
Banned

Hey folks, URRight grew up in the Harbor Section of EC...she's a whore like her Marine Daddy is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:32 pm 

UrRight wrote:
expresso66 wrote:

Wow, for living in Crown Point and Dyer, Exprazzo sure knows his streets in E.C.

You wanna commit suicide? Take a trip to E.C. It's just a gorgeous ground for killings.

Your family can actually sue, even though you went there to commit suicide. Fly by specials are a specialty!

No money down...just drive through. Oh, and notice the Spanish-Billboards on your way to death.

Mexico erected in a cesspool of non-speaking Enlish illegally there, gangsters. What a lovely place to live and fly through if you consider suicide.

To top the sundae, they teach their children at an early age how to be a "gansta."

They don't charge, don't ask, just shoot ya. :P

He obviously lives there. The few times I've had to go to the East Chicago South Shore station, I've been really scared. That's why I go to the Hammond one, not that it's a whole lot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:30 am 
Banned

8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next