Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Awful service at El Patron in Portage
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:43 pm 

So my Mexican-food-loving friend and I were out the other day and went to El Patron in Portage. I have to say the service is awful.

First, there were only a few other customers there when we went in. The 2 women we could see who were waiting on customers kept going into the kitchen, behind closed doors. My friend ordered their cheese dip as an appetizer and had to ask for more chips than what they brought with the free salsa when we originally came in. (It's supposed to come with chips anyways, because how else are you supposed to eat it?!) We had to go up ourselves to ask for more napkins. The food we had was okay and was brought out in a timely manner.

By the time we finished maybe 30 minutes later, we were the only ones left in the restaurant. Still we could not get any help. My friend walked up to the counter and asked for a to-go container for the rest of her cheese dip and chips, and the lady brought her a mini styrofoam box. (I didn't need a box as I finished my meal.) Now, at Chili's or El Amigo or El Salto, they are smart enough to give you a soup container for something like cheese dip. Not here. Also, the box she brought was maybe 6 inches by 6 inches... even if we hadn't had the cheese dip, we could have fit maybe 2 chips in it. We had to ask twice for something for the chips, (each time walking up to the counter and waiting for someone to come out from the back) and finally asked specifically for a bag. I don't know what the big deal is that we wanted to take our leftover chips with us as legally they cannot serve them to any other customers once they've been on our table.

We could not even pay our bill without having to walk up front ourselves and waiting for someone in the back to come out, about 5 minutes.

While the food admittedly was okay, we won't be returning as we get better food and service at any of the previously-mentioned restaurants... Chili's, El Amigo, and El Salto.

Post subject: Re: Awful service at El Patron in Portage
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 am 

We have the same problem at Cappo's.

It takes a long time to get waited on.

The appetizers come 15-20 minutes after you order them, and about 3 minutes before the meal comes.

The waitresses walk around quickly and look busy, but very rarely are attentive to the customers.