Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: CUMBERLAND CROSSING DESIGN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:47 pm 

I went in the newly moved UPS store today in Cumberland Crossing. A beautiful store, I was able to park right in front.

When you park there is a step up on the sidewalk with landscaping, requiring you to walk about 50 feet either side to get around the landscaping. It is the stupidest thing to block egress. I asked the UPS employees why the landscaping roadblock? They agreed it was dumb and had many complaints about the foot traffic having to walk so far around.

So we have another great Valpocentric Landscaping fiasco. Stop by and judge it for yourself and leave your comments here. With blunders like this, tenants may be hard to come by. The egress to stores like Advance auto and the old UPS location were MUCH easier.

The only reason I can see to have multilevel sidewalks is to help channel the floodwaters away east to the stores on the east side of Calumet.

Post subject: Re: CUMBERLAND CROSSING DESIGN
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:50 pm 

They really need to get rid of the fence on the north side of Calumet Ave at the entrance to it. It obstructs the view of traffic on Calumet.

I like the new UPS store, but I laughed at how the Hallmark Store is at the entrance, then a long empty area, then the UPS Store. I thought Cumberland Crossing was filled with tenants before they even started building it? What happened to the tenants?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:49 pm 

I hope they don't get too busy. If you park at the Hallmark store, you have to back out directly in traffic - what genius designed that? I didn't have a problem, but that's because nothing else was open at the time.

KarenT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:00 pm 

karent wrote:
I hope they don't get too busy. If you park at the Hallmark store, you have to back out directly in traffic - what genius designed that? I didn't have a problem, but that's because nothing else was open at the time.

KarenT

Its like that at the UPS Store as well

Its a piss poor design, but in the rush to build it the city just approved it like morons

Its only going to get worse as more tenants move in(if they move in)