Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Good Bye but not no sad feelings I bet
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:45 pm 

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/11/28/upda ... 221795.txt

I guess charging admission had nothing to do with the declining visitors right?

Also the fact that no one remotely related to the movie anymore except for the munchkins is an honored guest, last year they had the grandson of the author, oh boy thats gonna draw in the people alright

Of course trying to underpay one of the munchkinsa couple years ago helped as well right? remember that fiasco, the organizers would not allow him to appear since he was going solo now, not through the rest of them, and thus he wanted to be paid more. Yep I'm sure that helped attendance

And the fair organizers themselves forced themselves to leave the town of Chesterton, the town DID NOT want them charging admission, and they insisted on it over and over

Its their own fault the fair flopped since they left Chesterton.

But go ahead and blame the flooding for the people not coming in from out of state last year, If you keep saying it over and over, maybe it will become true

Lets also not forget how the fair organizers themselves kept pricing the booth rentals to the point the local vendors quit bothering to get the booths as well. My mom used to go to them and get a booth and in a span of 3 years the booth rentals went from $40 to $150, and eventually all that got booths were the general crap you see at any fair throughout the US. In fact, several of the vendors at last years OZ Fest were also at the Popcorn Fest and at the Porter and Lake County fairs.

I won;t miss this fest, it died the day they decided to try and charge admission while it was still in Chesterton and when told no, they went to the Expo center and guess what, it lost its appeal and attendance dropped.

But remember people, because the organizers said so, the fair is not coming back this year because of the flooding last year.