It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: If you can't spell correctly don't register to vote
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:08 pm 

This cracked me up

http://www.post-trib.com/news/1215023,PCsat.article

This line was the best

Quote:
"We're going through the new registration from last month," Chuck Williams, Porter County Republican chairman, said. "There are some that are suspect."

For example, Williams said he saw one application from a resident of Shorewood Forest subdivision. But the spelling of Valparaiso was off by a couple letters, prompting concern, he said.

So a person registering is suspect because they misspelled Valparaiso? Jesus christ better get the feds down to investighate this, someone misspelled a city. Oh my imagine the fraud someone who can't spell can cause

Post subject: Re: If you can't spell correctly don't register to vote
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:14 pm 

I'm thinking since they teach children in kindergarten how to correctly spell the city they live in, I would question it as well.

mike3775 wrote:
So a person registering is suspect because they misspelled Valparaiso? Jesus christ better get the feds down to investighate this, someone misspelled a city. Oh my imagine the fraud someone who can't spell can cause

christ = Christ
investighate = investigate

It's ok, mike3775. You can still vote.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:15 pm 

So someone can not spell Valparaiso, thats not a reason to be suspicious of why they registered to vote
and I don't capitalize jesus christ, because its not proper name, just like I do not capitalize god either

Lets see, I think the real reason they are concerned is because they live in elitistville(Sherwood Forest)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:05 pm 

I taught my kids to spell Valparaiso, but certainly not in kindergarten! I can understand a new resident having trouble, but why not copy it from their ID? Or whatever they use to prove residency.

KarenT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:11 am 
Banned

USMarine wrote:
I'm thinking since they teach children in kindergarten how to correctly spell the city they live in, I would question it as well.

mike3775 wrote:

christ = Christ
investighate = investigate

It's ok, mike3775. You can still vote.

:lol:

LoL Marine!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:48 am 

karent wrote:
I taught my kids to spell Valparaiso, but certainly not in kindergarten! I can understand a new resident having trouble, but why not copy it from their ID? Or whatever they use to prove residency.

KarenT

They might not have thought of it

I wonder what they are afraid of though, if they need to nitpick spelling on a registration card.

Last time I checked, the voters registration office isn't a school for spelling, and if it is now, jesus christ, they need to get a life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:21 pm 

mike3775 wrote:
They might not have thought of it

I wonder what they are afraid of though, if they need to nitpick spelling on a registration card.

Maybe they are worried that some people are just too stupid to vote.

mike3775 wrote:
Last time I checked, the voters registration office isn't a school for spelling, and if it is now, jesus christ, they need to get a life

jesus christ= Jesus Christ

Methinks the law says that voter registrations must be filled out correctly and if someone can't spell their own town properly, there are people available to assist them.

I would toss their registration in the garbage and tell them to fill it out properly, find someone to help them fill it out properly, or stay home on election day because they are too stupid to be voting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 am 

Show me where jesus christ must be capitalized

See I know proper names are to be capitalized, but see, I don't think jesus christ existed, thus is not a proper name, thus no capitalization is required.

whats next in Porter County? they going to have camera's outside the office to see what type of vehicle you drive up in to register, and if you drive up ina beater that is 15 yrs old, they going to say its suspicious? How about if you only earn say $19,000/yr, they going to be suspicious? How about where you work? If you only work at Mcdonalds, they going to be suspicious?

Like I said, they are making a big deal out of nothing, and its just stupid. Spelling is not required to vote, and they are acting like elitists by making a big deal out of a misspelling and that is just wrong.

And honestly, where were the workers at when the misspelling came through? How come they did not catch it? Maybe its time to send those workers back to school as well? Since they were to stupid to catch an obvious mistake like Chuckie boy did, they should be fired and not allowed to vote as well right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:13 pm 
Banned

mike3775 wrote:
Show me where jesus christ must be capitalized

See I know proper names are to be capitalized, but see, I don't think jesus christ existed, thus is not a proper name, thus no capitalization is required.

Romans 1:22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:32 am 

Well considering I never read the bible and could careless to, I guess that rule does not apply to me.

in fact, in school, none of my spelling tests and capitilization tests ever mentioned jesus christ, thank god for separation of church and state

I wonder if those idiot workers are still employed by the county, and if they are viewed as suspicious since they willingly allowed misspellings to get by them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:41 am 
Banned

mike3775 wrote:
Well considering I never read the bible and could careless to, I guess that rule does not apply to me.

in fact, in school, none of my spelling tests and capitilization tests ever mentioned jesus christ, thank god for separation of church and state

I wonder if those idiot workers are still employed by the county, and if they are viewed as suspicious since they willingly allowed misspellings to get by them.

It is not their fault you cannot spell capitalization correctly.

Nor is it their fault you fail to properly start a sentence with a capital letter, or end it with the correct punctuation.

You call them idiots because you can't spell.

Tool.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:35 am 

born_again wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

Nor is it their fault you fail to properly start a sentence with a capital letter, or end it with the correct punctuation.

Tool.

It's time.
Before you vote, it should be required that you know how to spell your own name correctly and know your address.

Literacy Test:
Literacy Test refers to the government practice of testing the literacy of potential citizens at the federal level, and potential voters at the state level. The federal government first employed literacy tests as part of the immigration process in 1917. Southern state legislatures employed literacy tests as part of the voter registration process as early as the late nineteenth century.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:48 pm 

Weren't those "poll tests" later declared illegal?

KarenT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:01 pm 

born_again wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

Tool.

aww I'm being called a tool because I do not capitalize the j and c in the name jesus christ. See I don't believe in a jesus christ, thus I do not need to capitalize the name since it is not a proper name to me.

Its ok born again, I already know that you are an elitist who only believes the constitution only applies to people with money and who do not break the law.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:40 pm 

mike3775 wrote:
aww I'm being called a tool because I do not capitalize the j and c in the name jesus christ. See I don't believe in a jesus christ, thus I do not need to capitalize the name since it is not a proper name to me.

Even if you believe Jesus Christ never existed, it's still a proper name.
Look it up and educate yourself a little.

:roll: