Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Valpo counts trees at $3.31
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:32 pm 

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/09/26/news/porter_county/doc050a15f70092a314862574cf007ba776.txt#blogcomments

Tree 911?

No wonder we can afford $400,000 for the roundabout.

What is in your backyard? They have a satellite fix on it.

Maybe we should do junk cars instead.

Post subject: Re: Valpo counts trees at $3.31
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:19 pm 

I wondered why they are doing it, also.

KarenT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:28 pm 

Andyet the state says we do not piss away tax money unwisely

Remember, the bridge over 49 at 400 N is going to cost in excess of $4 million, with all the bells and whistles that the city wants, even though a plain concrete bridge like what is over 49 at 6 would only be around $1 million

So we have an additional $3 million to piss away

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:14 pm 

You guys are pissed about all this petty s*** but what about the fact that the auditor and the assessor are costing each and every municipality money? Where is the outrage for that? I listen to saveourmoney and Mike complain about traffic lights but no one complains about the tax bills being late and the fact that the municipalities are going to have to borrow again. They aren't even smart enough to consider the tax plan that Jim Murphy laid out for them. Come on guys show some outrage here or some real issues!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:16 am 

Why the insult on our intelligence hmmmm?

If you have a good idea, use your own topic, don't bury your thoughts in the tree topic and try to hijack it. Your comments will be lost.

A dollar wasted on any topic is a dollar we could have saved, state, city or county, Republican or Democrat.

If your comments include name calling you loose all creditability immediately. Maybe that is why your topic replies are empty.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:00 pm 

Quote:
Why the insult on our intelligence hmmmm?

If you have a good idea, use your own topic, don't bury your thoughts in the tree topic and try to hijack it. Your comments will be lost.

A dollar wasted on any topic is a dollar we could have saved, state, city or county, Republican or Democrat.

If your comments include name calling you loose all creditability immediately. Maybe that is why your topic replies are empty.

Please try to reread the post. There was no name calling involved. So I guess I didn't lose (loose?) credibility. I am responding to this thread I don't understand outrage about this but not about the assessor and auditor.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:32 pm 

This part Hmmmmm.

" I listen to saveourmoney and Mike complain about traffic..they aren't even smart enough....."

That insulted my intelligence aka called me a dummy. GET IT! You lost creditability.

Let's see if somebody comments on your issues in your topic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:01 pm 

I sent an email to the auditor and to the state, and low and behold, the blame game continues hmmm

They blame each other, so why bother getting worked up when neither side will admit they are both at fault?

Besides like i said in the Hammond thread about late bills yet again, i have my property tax payment in the bank ready to go, all need is the amount to put in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:59 pm 

How can there be a blame game when 84 counties have completed their tax bills and Porter is even under Lake County in the steps to complete theirs? Seems to me the blame lies with the auditor and assessor in Porter County.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:10 am 

But they blame the state and the state blames them

Like I said, I am sick of hearing about how each are blaming each other to the point I am now immune to tax bills being late

I think the bigger shock will be if they arrive on time in 2009