Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New rounabout landscaping price completed
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:16 am 

From the Times
http://nwi.com/articles/2008/09/15/news/porter_county/docb1f373da6cbecf7f862574c4007b2df1.txt

$400,000 doubles the previous price, ridiculous.

Post subject: Re: New rounabout landscaping price completed
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:56 am 

Yet they have no money to fix flooding issues at Flint Lake

$400,000 for a bunch of flowers, that is just stupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:27 pm 

I, too, noticed the price doubled from the last article.

KarenT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:14 am 

Of courser the price doubled,. it doubled because the mayor wants to put in a special one of a kind flower that only blooms once every 500 years. That alone doubles the price, because only 3 exist through out the world :)

That roundabout is just to expensive now. There is no need to decorations to cost that much, and sorry, a statue commemorating the old and new Lincoln highways is stupid, a historical marker is all that is needed, and that I doubt costs more than $1,000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:27 am 

it doubled because the mayor wants to put in a special one of a kind flower that only blooms once every 500 years.

Are you serious? :shock:

I just glanced at the article but if I lived there I'd be ready to repeal the COIT ASAP. :roll:

Not to be forgotten this city is the only strong supporter of the multi $bil West Shore extension because of course it's not good enough to run shuttle buses to the South Shore station. :evil:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:06 am 

Mirage wrote:
it doubled because the mayor wants to put in a special one of a kind flower that only blooms once every 500 years.

Are you serious? :shock:

I just glanced at the article but if I lived there I'd be ready to repeal the COIT ASAP. :roll:

Not to be forgotten this city is the only strong supporter of the multi $bil West Shore extension because of course it's not good enough to run shuttle buses to the South Shore station. :evil:

No I was joking Mirage

The funny thing is, at a city council meeting recently, some people from Flint Lake were again bitching about the flooding problem and Costas told them the city just does not have the money to fix the issue, yet they have $70,000+ to put in flowers at the roundabout as a city match for a grant. What bullshit

The city only cares about the TIF districts now, if you do not live in a TIF district, the city does not care about you at all anymore.

I used to like Costas and although I think he is doing a great job, his attitude towards anyone outside of one of the numerous TIF districts is appalling.

Hell the city even said that they do not have the money to fix a rail road crossing that has been getting complaints for over 3 years now and to bill the railroad either. The city would rather send letter after letter afeter letter to the railroad instead of fixing it and billing the railroad like they legally can do, but they have no money to do that, because the crossing is not in a TIF district

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:39 pm 

So I ask all of you;

1. What was the purpose of the first $200,000 estimate?
2. Did Idot approve their portion of the landscaping?
3. Does this landscaping go out for bids now?
4. Does the same estimate times 2 formula also apply to the Chicago Dash and South Shore expansion?