Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Time for Lugar to Retire
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 am 

Especially this past 2 weeks he has shown me why term limits are a darned good idea. As I recall he opposed term limits. :D

Feel free to weigh in but I just wanted to go on record so you libs can't claim I just let these recent votes pass unmentioned.

Does it mean I absolutely would not give him my vote in the general election? Depends on the Dem but for the 1st time I WOULD consider voting for a Dem to unseat him.

I wonder who his earmarks were gonna go to? Remember he was on the wrong side of that issue. I believe he voted to abolish Don't Ask, Don't Tell - which is a big mistake and I don't care who voted for it. There was only 1 reason to cram it in during a lame duck session and that is because it would have failed even before the election and would be DOA in the new Congress. There are other votes but in short I think he's been in DC too long. He's leaning wrong on the pending treaty with RUSSIA as well as it is written.

So bring on a Tea Party candidate! Time to break the big government mold if we can and get back to a government of the people, by the people and FOR the people and away from further imposition of Big Brother government micromanaging our lives. You cannot justify any inheritance tax unless you think like Barney Frank who told CNBC's Maria, basically, it's the government's money after you die because the recipient didn't work for it. :roll:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: Time for Lugar to Retire
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm 

Why do you want to keep DADT?

I noticed both Bayh and Lugar breaking with their parties this week.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 pm 

Why is it that repubs feel that in order to be a good repub politician they have to tow the line 100%? I mean it seems to me that the tea-baggers will only support the ones that agree with there agenda completely. If they vary off the "party line" and think for themselves, others, or compromise they are put on some kind of hit list...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:01 pm 

:lol:

Chuckwad has a selective memory!

All the Democrats toed the line for ObamaCare and then promptly tried to run away from him during the election but ended up being voted out.

:smt006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:05 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
I mean it seems to me that the tea-baggers

I guess that makes chuckmo the teabagee

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:18 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:50 am 

As far as I'm concerned this lame duck session should never have happened and were it possible I'd cancel everything they did since the election and reconsider the legislation in the new session when it should have been brought up. We need a law to end lame duck sessions outside of a national emergency. :roll:

IMO this was the saddest period in Congressional history ever because of why and how they did it.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:12 am 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:40 am 

paul87920 wrote:
Mirage wrote:
IMO this was the saddest period in Congressional history ever because of why and how they did it.

You have no one to blame but your own. Republicans had the power of the veto. God knows they've been exercising the power for the past two years.

I beg to differ on that. Not until Scott Brown got in did they have the means to "veto" anything. I assume you mean cloture? Then there were Senators like Ms Snow and her buds to mess things up quite nicely. The only so-called veto, as you put it, came from Dem members in Congress like that guy in Michigan who caved in on Obamacare at the last min. And he paid the price for it too.

But if you are referring to just the period post-election mainly then I'd have to agree. I'm like, what on earth were they thinking!! Thus my displeasure at Sen Lugar as one of the culprits. True there are plenty of names to blame in the GOP. I don't deny that at all.

The only group that comes close to representing my political views today is the Tea Party. They seem to be the only ones with any true intention of spending less so they can eventually tax less after addressing the several mega deficits we already have forced on us.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:47 pm 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:09 am 

Ideologically, no

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Are you saying that when the voters boot someone out they should be able to pass whatever they want before they leave?? :shock:

Obviously that is exactly what happened here. They crammed in things at a break neck pace that could never have been passed in all the rest of the last 2 years. To me this is clearly not right and needs to be prevented from ever happening again no matter who is in power.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:44 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:26 am 

edited

Last edited by paul87920 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

That is what I am talking about...if a GOP politician varies one bit off the party line they become trainers to the country...what happened to using your own mind and thinking on your own...or what about compromising? Failure to allow a person to compromise his thinking because the ruling party forbids it is a lot like the Taliban you lament about.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 am 

It seems that Lugar has competition for his reelection bid. I wonder how the Dems will try & spin this as the Tea Party is supporting the challenge.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.