Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Philpot Got Hand Slapped When Caught In The Cookie Jar.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 pm 

http://www.nwitimes.com

Sorry I can't get the direct link, but Philpot was ordered to pay back about $30,000 he took in State money from the Clerks Child Support IV-D No. 428 Fund, which is FEDERAL money the State distributed to County Clerks as an incentive to enforce the collection of court-ordered child support payments. Philpot took the money between 2004-2009.
County Attorney John Dull said that Philpot needs to repay the money he improperly pocketed. The County Council members said they were stunned to discover that Philpot pocketed the money without asking them first.

How low can you go, when you steal childrens money, IMO. :evil:

Post subject: Re: Philpot Got Hand Slapped When Caught In The Cookie Jar.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:44 am 

Nice Job Tiger!

THIS WAS CLEARLY FEDERAL MONEY. THE CANDIDATE for SHERIFF DIDN'T WANT TO BE PART OF A INDICTMENT BY CAPP AND DA BOY!

Another sad saga for Thomas Philpot, a friend of the "Chairman" who frequently talks about his "friends of mine," which include the Chairman, Cantrell's and the Northwoods Sponsors.

It is almost as if he is flaunting his association with those who affront the law. The Feds found some question regarding members of the Cantrell family receiving health care benefits from Nancy From's company; then we have the drinking while driving charges, conveniently the alcohol breath test occurred many hours after the arrest, when it was the useless; and then we have the questions associated with Northwoods, it appears the change of ownership had not been recorded in the assessor-treasurer's office.

Speaking of his show on WJOB, have you ever watch Philpot's show on heyregion.com, the guy just cant sit still. I wonder why? Georgie never moves, but Philpot is like a Mexican jumping bean on steroids!

Now, Philpot got his hands caught in the cookie jar. $29,000 plus worth of cookies! I wonder if he is gonna blame this on a larger conspiracy developed by VanTill and Sheriff Dominguez, that this was their fault he misappropriated $29,000 plus into his left pocket.

Philppot has the audacity to hammer VanTill over tanks of gas, the gas use was well within LC policy. Now, don’t misread this, I am no VanTill fan, but even 10 tanks of gas were maybe, $500.

Philpot had to write a check for over $29,000. I bet that hurt! Where did $29,000 come from? Just a bit of humor: Maybe he found the Festival of the Lakes missing parking receipts!Most bothersome is that this was money redirected from children.

How many women and children went without food or were evicted because of understaffing? Would this money have been better spent supplementing staff working at getting women and children's support dollars, upgrading computer equipment or some other use than to move $29,000 from his left pocket into his right pocket?

Did he steal $29,000? Had he not ponied up the buckerros' the Lake County Sheriff could have charged him with a theft! :cry: :cry: :lol: Tommie Philpot didn't want any that type of moss under his feet.

Tom, how can you look at yourself in the mirror and like what you see?

http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/art ... 3f5d5.html

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:49 pm 

I can't wait to see how many NW Indiana idiots still vote for this idiot in the Sheriff's race.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:31 pm 

I'm a Dem but I wouldn't vote for Philpot for sheriff no matter what.

He claims his good administrative skills are more important than law enforcement experience.

But now we see his administrative skills aren't that hot either.

Plus, he seems to be mentally or emotionally out of control, at least on his WJOB program. I don't think he's fit to be sheriff. I sure wouldn't want him to have access to weapons.

So here's one Dem who definitely will NOT be voting for him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:17 pm 

Let's see....Philpot grew up in East Chicago and is sponsored by Northwoods.

WOW! With his recent actions, this make him the front runner to become the next Mayor of East Chicago or the new Town Councilman in St. John!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:02 am 

"Philpot took full elections board pay for half attendance"

Where does it end??? This jackazz will end up the next Lake County Sheriff, you watch.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:14 am 

Philpot is your "typical face" of Lake County Indiana politics. Elected not to "serve the people", but to "get what I can for myself".....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:42 am 

Philpot resumed his WJOB show today. He didn't answer any phone calls, just spent the whole hour whining about the Times.
Because the Posrt recently pulished an editrorial slamming the Times, Philpot dropped his usual show opener about "a (P-T) editor's wife" who is employed by Roy Dominguez.
Guess Philpot is an adherent of that old proverb that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Philpot sounded as if he has a bad cold. Lots of audible sniffing every few seconds.
Too bad hew didn't takew calls. I had some questions that would have allowed him the opportunity to get his story out to the voters.

They are:
1. Did you every fill up a personal vehicle at the county gas pumps? How many times?

2. Has any taxpayer money ever paid for your radio show?

3. Why did you pick a time for your radio show when you were supposed to be at the Election Board meetings when you were Clerk? Have you ever been paid for Election Board meetings you didn't attend?

4. How much time do you actually spend doing your current job as coroner? Are you still in private law practice also? How many clients do you have right now?

5. Today you spoke briefly about "doubling the number of police officers on the streets" to make LC residents "safer."Do you plan to begin patrols in Gary, Hammond, and East Chicago, where crime rates are highest but where they also have their own police departments?
Would you need a change in state law to take over the cities?

6. How did you get the auditor's office to write you those checks for the unapproved 4-D money you eventually repaid? Can you just call them up and say "Write me a check" without providing some written documentation?

I know Philpot and his pals read these boards. Here's your chance to tell your side without anyone's spin except your own.

Answer the questions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:08 pm 

Does anyone think these are unfair questions to ask a candidate for one of the highest offices in Lake County?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 pm 

These are "GREAT" questions...Here is a sample of Tom CrackPOT's responses:

They are:
1. Did you every fill up a personal vehicle at the county gas pumps? How many times?

Answer: I stopped counting 13 years ago!

2. Has any taxpayer money ever paid for your radio show?

Answer: That's why my show is called "Tommy and the Taxpayer" because "you" the taxpayer are paying my salary while I moonlight as a Talk Show Host....

3. Why did you pick a time for your radio show when you were supposed to be at the Election Board meetings when you were Clerk? Have you ever been paid for Election Board meetings you didn't attend?

Answer: Because this is LAKE COUNTY. I can do whatever I want and keep getting elected.
Election Board??? is that something important?

4. How much time do you actually spend doing your current job as coroner? Are you still in private law practice also? How many clients do you have right now?

Answer: Absolutely. My other jobs include a beer/wine taster, cigar smell test agent, female impersonator, and a parking lot attendant.

5. Today you spoke briefly about "doubling the number of police officers on the streets" to make LC residents "safer."Do you plan to begin patrols in Gary, Hammond, and East Chicago, where crime rates are highest but where they also have their own police departments?
Would you need a change in state law to take over the cities?

Answer: WOW ! Have you seen the crime in Schererville and StJohn?? When I go out those retaurants in South Lake County.....LOTS OF CRIME !! I'm gonna also protect North Lake County - afterall, they ALWAYS vote for me. So I'll throw them a bone....

6. How did you get the auditor's office to write you those checks for the unapproved 4-D money you eventually repaid? Can you just call them up and say "Write me a check" without providing some written documentation?

Answer: NO, NO, NO. I don't ask them...I tell them "write me a check"...OR ELSE !!!!!

I know Philpot and his pals read these boards. Here's your chance to tell your side without anyone's spin except your own.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 pm 

I don't know whats going on anymore with these people. Punch their names into the Lake County Court Dockets website. I wonder what thats all about.