Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Who Authorized & Paid for the HPD @ the LC Democratic Caucus
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:31 pm 

I wish I had thought about this first, but I didn't. Interesting subject. Thought there might be some comment on it.
Quote:
JCMT wrote:

A question has arisen with regard to our Mayor Thomas "Free the Mailman" McDermott use of the Hammond Police Department at the Lake County Democratic Caucus.

If this was a civil/private entity, then the mayor was acting on behalf of a special organization, a private entity,

why and who authorized the hammond police department to be there, at a private function?
What liability did they place the city of Hammond in had there been an incident?
How many officers were there?
Who were they?
Who paid for their presence?
What cost was there to the Hammond Taxpayer?
DID THEY DRIVE CITY VEHICLES TO THIS FUCNTION?

If one single penny was spent of Hammond taxpayer's money it needs to be reimbursed by the LC Democratic Party with interest or by McDermott's campaign war chest.

With regard to Liability had there been a incident, Hammond taxpayers would have been on the dime. That does not sit well with me or I am sure a number of people.

If McDermott wanted police protection, he should have hired the individuals, carry liability insurance and pay them out of his own or LC Democratic Party's pocket!

Oh, dont give the crap that McDermott is entitled to police protection. I see him travel all over the place with out a detail. Also, doesn't he frequently, or at least in the recent memory drive by himself all the way out to Portage?

I though I saw him a couple of times out that way by himself.