Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Did VanTil ever pay for his gas?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:41 pm 
Banned

Has George VanTil ever paid the taxpayers back for his accidental fill up on his personal vehicle or was it swept under the rug by his best buddy Roy? This guy gets away with things that most people would be prosecuted for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:23 pm 

:|

Last edited by RebelWithoutACause on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Did VanTil ever pay for his gas?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:33 pm 

Obviously the f’in idiots in this County don’t care, they re-elected him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:26 pm 

Jeepers got bande apparently another sock puppet for Team Hammond.

Down goes orfacels, dixit twit orafacel's alias and now his tradename jeepersreep.

Nice way to attempt to deflect the issues.

Oh. One more to go May1846!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:20 am 

hammonite wrote:
Jeepers got bande apparently another sock puppet for Team Hammond.

Down goes orfacels, dixit twit orafacel's alias and now his tradename jeepersreep.

Nice way to attempt to deflect the issues.

Oh. One more to go May1846!

???

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:00 pm 

Why hasn't mcdermott jr. been arrested for his intimidation to Sheriff Dominguez?

Why hasn't Thomas McDermott Sr's house been placed on the tax sale list? $90,000 plus behind in his taxes!

Quote:
Hammonite wrote: Excuse me, with my poor typing skills and arthritic hands, I made a mistake in the above entry. it has been corrected. My appologies to any and all affected.

Last edited by hammonite on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:30 pm 

Did Mayor McDermott ever reimburse the city of Hammond for switching the employee health care administration plan to McDermott Sr's, only for Sr to give it back to the city. Taxpayers cost $2,000,000.

Did McDermott ever reimburse the city for switching the counseling program for city of hammond employees to Nancy Fromm's agency? After Fromm's conviction, the plan had to be switched somewhere else. Cost? Was that a reward to Bobbie Cantrell for the assistance Bobbie gave McDermott during his campaigns?

I think the couple of bucks Van Till took in gas is peanuts. Nice to know the Jeepers is keeping an eye on the small stuff. You know what they say about small minds, just look at me!

Jeeps, hey your doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:44 pm 

justcallmetommy wrote:
Did Mayor McDermott ever reimburse the city of Hammond for switching the employee health care administration plan to McDermott Sr's, only for Sr to give it back to the city. Taxpayers cost $2,000,000.

I think the couple of bucks Van Till took in gas is peanuts.

Are you kidding me? You are defending one crook because he's less of a crook than the other guy? (or at least for now) No wonder this crap keeps going on and on, it's obviously because of people like you. They are both CROOKS and they both need to be behind bars I don't care how much or what they stole from the taxpayers. If nothing else the LAST place they should be is in a government job spending taxpayers money.

Last edited by Politician's R Liars on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:08 am 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

Are you kidding me? You are defending one crook because he's less of a crook than the other guy? (or at least for now) No wonder this crap keeps going on and on, it's obviously because of people like you. They are both CROOKS and they both need to be behind bars I don't care how much or what they stole from the taxpayers. If nothing else the LAST place they should be is in a government jobs spending taxpayers money.

Actually Pol, I agree with you, I absolutely agree with you. The point I was making was that I found this thread to be moronic, that some poor sob is throwing mud at a pin hole leak where a few feet over there is a major breach in the damn and just think Jr. Got elected to the LC Democratic Chairmenship.

Just the problem with the myopic views many on this board have. Lets deal with the $100 theft but let the $2,000,000 theft get off.

I would be insensed if anyone went after Van Till and ignored the larger transgressions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:58 am 

hammonite wrote:

Actually Pol, I agree with you, I absolutely agree with you. The point I was making was that I found this thread to be moronic, that some poor sob is throwing mud at a pin hole leak where a few feet over there is a major breach in the damn and just think Jr. Got elected to the LC Democratic Chairmenship.

Just the problem with the myopic views many on this board have. Lets deal with the $100 theft but let the $2,000,000 theft get off.

I would be insensed if anyone went after Van Till and ignored the larger transgressions.

Well I was actually talking about what "justcallme" stated, but if you are the same person I apologize then for the misunderstanding. I have no use for any of these crooks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:26 am 

hammonite wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

Are you kidding me? You are defending one crook because he's less of a crook than the other guy? (or at least for now) No wonder this crap keeps going on and on, it's obviously because of people like you. They are both CROOKS and they both need to be behind bars I don't care how much or what they stole from the taxpayers. If nothing else the LAST place they should be is in a government jobs spending taxpayers money.

[size=150]AGREE!
Van Til apparently wasn't even violating county policy when he filled up his own vehicle.
The county had the ridiculous policy allowing that at the time, but reportedly has since changed it.
So my question is, why bother going after Van Til for something that probably was not illegal? Especially as is pointed out above, others are getting away with virtual murder.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 am 

freetime wrote:

AGREE!
Van Til apparently wasn't even violating county policy when he filled up his own vehicle.
The county had the ridiculous policy allowing that at the time, but reportedly has since changed it.
So my question is, why bother going after Van Til for something that probably was not illegal? Especially as is pointed out above, others are getting away with virtual murder.

"Policy", was he violating "policy" when he allowed his kid to drive the County owned truck to school? I don't recall any other County employee's pulling up to the pump to get some free gasoline. Hell why not everyone that was employed in the building then, since there was no policy? I'm certain the majority of the government doesn't have a policy that specifically states that the employee's "can not" fill up their personal vehicles with free gas at the pump, however most of us that are not crooks would know it's not right or legal.
Lets forget the legality of this, how does a person like this get elected over and over? I'll tell you how, it's because of stupid people
!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:50 am 

On the subject of misusing taxpayer gas and vehicles, is Hammond Mayor and LC Dem Chairman Tom McDermott violating city policy with his daily use of a take home vehicle?

Some months ago, McDermott told the Post-Tribune he uses his take home vehicle for personal business.
Now, since he became the Dem chairman, he attends many political functions to which he drives the vehicle the Water Department provides for him.
McDermott told the Post he would write a check for 1/3 of the gas he puts into his take home vehicle to cover the personal use.
Whether or not he has done that I don't know. But it would appear he is breaking the city law even if he pays.
Read it for yourself:

37.003 CITY SEALS ON CITY-OWNED VEHICLES.

(A) All vehicles owned or operated by the city shall be used exclusively for official purposes only.

(B) All vehicles owned or operated by the city, excluding Police and Fire Department vehicles used for official purposes only, and the Mayor’s automobile, shall bear a replica of the city seal on the front, side doors of the vehicles. The seals shall not be less than 10 inches in diameter, with the words “City of Hammond, Indiana” printed in 4-inch letters immediately above or below the city seal replica.

(C) Any person operating a vehicle in violation of this section shall be subject to a fine of up to $2,500 or dismissal as an employee or officer of the city. In addition, that person shall not be indemnified by the city for any damage caused by the operation of that vehicle.

The only part of this policy the mayor is exempt from, and I don't know why he should be, is the requirement to have a city seal on the vehicle.

I'm sure he and his legal mouthpieces would argue since the Water Department provides the vehicle, he can do whatever he wants in it. I say that's nonsense. The law says "or operated by the city." HE'S the city.
So when is he going to be held accountable to the taxpayers?
$2500 a day! Van Til didn't pump that much gas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:55 am 

Free,

It sounds like you have again nailed McDermott, this is a city vehicle which he is clearly using for outside city business.

My concern is the risk mcdermott is placing the city of hammond @ for using this municipal vehicle for other than city use.

1/3 of the gas he paying for, that's cheap what about 1/3 of the insurance, the maintenance and payment. Give me a vehicle and I will pay 1/3 of the gas. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:58 am 

freetime wrote:

AGREE!

"Policy", was he violating "policy" when he allowed his kid to drive the County owned truck to school? I don't recall any other County employee's pulling up to the pump to get some free gasoline. Hell why not everyone that was employed in the building then, since there was no policy? I'm certain the majority of the government doesn't have a policy that specifically states that the employee's "can not" fill up their personal vehicles with free gas at the pump, however most of us that are not crooks would know it's not right or legal.
Lets forget the legality of this, how does a person like this get elected over and over? I'll tell you how, it's because of stupid people
!

Just because you didn't read it in the paper doesn't mean other county officials weren't doing the same thing with the gas. I read oabout some others but since I don't have the story handy I won't name anyone.

Yes, there has to be some violation of policy or law to go after someone legally.

I don't know what the policy was at the time regarding Van Til's kid taking the truck to school.

Van Til keeps getting reelected because he is a very skilled politican who has spent many years honing his craft.