Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Has Mayor Tom made Hammond the Laughing Stock of:
Lake County 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Northwest Indiana 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Indiana 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Nation 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: Infamous Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr Quotes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:15 pm 

Of course all of northern Lake County Democrat elected officials are in favor of an income tax. They just don't have the guts to tell the sheep that vote for them!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:58 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:
hammonite wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/hammond-in/TUCEAATSV206CTRGA

Quote:
In a recent article, Mayor Thoams McDermott said about another US Senate Candidate, "He's an office jumper," McDermott said. "I guess he's not very serious about the office."

Ok, so it is not an office jumper for Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr to jump from a Republican to a Democrat!

So its not an office jumper for Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr to jump from wanting to run as a Governor Candidate, only to find he doesn't have a chance in Hxx, but to now run for the US Senate.

Is McDermott jumpin anything else? Skip rope, hopscotch sorta stuff? :lol:

JCMT you got it wrong again, McDermott didn't try to run as a Governor Candidate, he did with in the party work at running as Governor, failed, then as LT. Governor, failed again, and then US Senate Candidate and failed again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:44 am 

ON Friday, July 23rd, 2010, Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr said that he spends a good deal of time driving through Gary looking at their problems, boarded up buildings.

Hey Mayor Tom hows about spending some time doing that in Hammond. There are plenty of homes in Hammond that need trash picked up in the alley, tall weeds, broken windows.....or are you looking for something else in Gary?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:44 am 

That's a very good question. I heard him say that too, and also wondered why he is driving all over Gary.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:17 pm 

freetime wrote:
That's a very good question. I heard him say that too, and also wondered why he is driving all over Gary.

Looking for more sources of revenue, perhaps? He has about bled Hammond dry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:27 am 

hammonite wrote:
ON Friday, July 23rd, 2010, Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr said that he spends a good deal of time driving through Gary looking at their problems, boarded up buildings.

Hey Mayor Tom hows about spending some time doing that in Hammond. There are plenty of homes in Hammond that need trash picked up in the alley, tall weeds, broken windows.....or are you looking for something else in Gary?

Found the above statement credited to McDermott as incredulous (borrowed from Georgie worgie) and at least a very peculiar quote. Although I did not hear it, and there are many good people in Gary, the only thing that comes to mind why someone would driving through Gary as the above statement credited the Mayor would be to look, seek, find drugs and/or prostitutes?

Why Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr would rather drive through Gary than spend his precious time driving areas of Hammond as there are dozens upon dozens of areas in Hammond who require intensive city services, why on the face of this god given earth would McDermott drive through Gary looking at their problems?

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:01 am 

PMFJI but I wonder if we have a quote from his honor on sending the bill for his Vegas hookers to the taxpayers? I mean for what was it $15k? Sounds like a boxed lunch to me! ;)

You'd think there outta be a law against that but hey what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, I guess. hee hee

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:59 am 

Mirage wrote:
PMFJI but I wonder if we have a quote from his honor on sending the bill for his Vegas hookers to the taxpayers? I mean for what was it $15k? Sounds like a boxed lunch to me! ;)

You'd think there outta be a law against that but hey what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, I guess. hee hee

where you been dude?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:41 am 

I understand McDermott went after Freetime on WJOB today, he accused her of lying.

Nice to know someone holding a Juris Prudis/law degree, an educated man (supposedly) is attaching a hammond citizen, a lowly unemployeed hammond citizen...

must be real threatened, really really threatened....

what that means to me there is something there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:28 am 

More like the truth is threatening and he seems to think he's not to be held to account for his stupid actions. Sorry that I tuned in just just as the show was ending. But even based on what Dedlow was saying about it just 5 mins after the mayor left it sounds to me the mayor was trying to deflect the truth.

I only hope a quality candidate will be running for mayor. It's getting ever more apparent that whether by choice or by prosecution his days as mayor and in politics are numbered.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:45 pm 

hammonite wrote:
I understand McDermott went after Freetime on WJOB today, he accused her of lying.

Nice to know someone holding a Juris Prudis/law degree, an educated man (supposedly) is attaching a hammond citizen, a lowly unemployeed hammond citizen...

must be real threatened, really really threatened....

what that means to me there is something there.

An attack like that indicates he is guilty of something... and is in deep sht afraid he might get caught.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:17 am 

McDermott appears to have very limited knowledge on what is going on with in the city as well as the most current and even more critical State Board of Accounts report on Hammond Affairs.

Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr, a now self reported has a self proposed background in finance, has worked at discounting a current state board of accounts report as a previous year report. As if the State Board of Accounts has nothing to do but audit Hammond.

McDermott on the air at WJOB said it was an old report in attempt to disguise the poor and repeated year after year of poor performance the city has under Mayor Thomas McDermott's leadership...

Still no article from the times on why $27,000,000 of tax payer's money was placed in uninsured investment accounts, placing the total amount at risk of being lost in a bank/investment closure... sure in recent memory there has been no financial institution or investment firm that has closed... :smt002 :smt002 right Mayor Tom?

Well it has been rumored that McDermott's Campaign account has benefited from the placement of that money. No wonder he refuses to post the city budget and make public his campaign financial report.

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:22 am 

I wish the Times would report on that. But I can't fault Burton on not doing it. It must be hellishly hard to be the Hammond beat reporter these days.
The omerta has to make it very difficult to document anything for a story.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:28 am 

But getting back to infamous quotes, I'll nominate "That's a lie" from Friday when I asked him about having TWO audit reports with similar findings.
He said it several times.
When I said the second report was of the 2009 audit, he said "That's a lie" again.
So the goofball denied the state audit is what it is!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:30 pm 

Hammond Times article http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/article_12751ed7-94a9-5b54-ba19-6ddff8a33bac.html

Quote:
Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr., a supporter of Democratic presidential candidate U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton denounced it Wednesday as a shameless political power play.

"To me it seems like an orchestrated effort on behalf of the Obama campaign to take kids who should be in school learning to read and write, instead giving them a day off and telling them to vote for Obama.

"When you corral kids together and ship them to polling places, it's completely unethical. I think Sen. Obama should distance himself from this type of behavior," McDermott said.

Kevin Griffis, a spokesman for U.S. Sen. Barack Obama's Hoosier campaign, responded, "Those comments don't reflect the facts and shouldn't we be applauding our schools for encouraging our children to get involved in their civic duties?"

This is more of an indication that Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr can not understand diversity. This unbridled support of Hillory Clinton most likely has cost Hammond Millions of dollars in Financial aid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next