Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Hail to the new Police Chief
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:05 am 

Interesting post, though impossible to distinguish probable, inferential, from conjectural. But even if your encoded narrative reflects the general situation, to me it remains a very incomplete picture.

No, i'm not going into the minutia about Mr. Personality and the power inside, et al. Perhaps it is more apt to recall Harry Truman's observation on getting the stories straight. "Intense feeling too often obscures the truth."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:32 am 

Neometric wrote:
Interesting post, though impossible to distinguish probable, inferential, from conjectural. But even if your encoded narrative reflects the general situation, to me it remains a very incomplete picture.

No, i'm not going into the minutia about Mr. Personality and the power inside, et al. Perhaps it is more apt to recall Harry Truman's observation on getting the stories straight. "Intense feeling too often obscures the truth."

Your absolutely correct, Intense feeling too often obscures the truth..... I did not have the pleasure to be the side kick of a perennial politician who finally got his just deserves.

Your either out of touch, or too close to the problem to see the truth.

Neo, move to Hammond, get some skin in the game, you can buy any number of $20,000 homes, until then, your just another Lake County Tourist.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:31 am 

Move? But why. I have the shining light of your obsession to disclose the way to proper understanding and Reason.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:43 pm 

Neometric wrote:
Move? But why. I have the shining light of your obsession to disclose the way to proper understanding and Reason.

Just maybe you might give Tom more than lip service.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:10 pm 

Lol. Whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:12 pm 

Anyone got a line on the new chief of HPD and his wingman?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:45 pm 

Neo,

I hear rumor it very well will be da winged nut wire twister... he is an authority on everything!

Unfortunately, it will not be some one from out of town. Didn't E. Chicago pick an ex FBI agent? I hear he is doing good things....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:45 pm 

I know the new PD chief has been identified. I just wondered if anyone had a narrative or some background on him. Like many, I know but a few of the upper echelon of the force. Doughty and his wing man are unknowns.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:32 pm 

Have little first hand knowledge with Doughty, some credit him for the day to day operations/success of the HPD. It was whom, I thought might be Jr's choice.

it would have been a bit more interesting to have at least a regional/national search for someone who might bring a fresh approach at dealing with Hammond's blossoming crime problem.

$820,000 spent on overtime for the Henry Unit is not cost effective. To spend this amount of overtime, something is problematic. Another approach needs to be developed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:04 pm 

Lol. Overtime is the true lifeblood of police and fire. Eliminate or radical reduce it and the personnel constitutive of two departments would pack it in for career change.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 am 

Ain't that the truth? Hammond's prima donna firemen have been whining about the inordinate amount of time they have had to spend away from home but the real tears will start flowing if and when those $60,000-$80,000 annual paychecks vaporize.

Their problem, as it exists for 99% of all public employees, is that since most of them got their jobs via connections versus knowledge and competence, leaving for a private sector job and income level is not very promising. The hollow threats that any government entity will lose valuable employees unless they can perpetually grant outrageous raise and benefit packages are laughable.