Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time to band together & get Spicks banned.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:58 pm 

sparks
Post subject: Re: McDermott, Smith, Smith & $400,000
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:34 pm

JCMT, you are truly an idiot. Almost every house in the new subdivision has been purchased by city employees. Many are younger couples who wanted new houses with modern amenities like master bedrooms with attached master baths, whirlpools,fireplaces,etc. They are all sold with ten year tax abatements.
The first year the owner pays nothing and the taxes increase every year for ten years. Meanwhile, there are rumors of a huge scandal in Hammond and you aren't even posting about it. Why is that? Is it safer to make up BS than to post about something real that will land a few people in jail?

Life is its own journey, presupposes its own change and movement, and one tries to arrest them at one's eternal peril. ~Laurens van der Pos

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:00 pm 

sparks
Post subject: Re: Word on the street has it...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:24 am

justcallmetommy wrote:
sparks wrote:

JCMT isn't interested in the safety of the people of Hammond at all, just the political points he thinks he makes by posting these pictures.What really bothers me is that if these are pictures of a home that still has the electricity turned on, it could start a fire at any time. The firefighters that respond to the fire could be injured or killed by the blaze. The city had a bad house fire last night on Bauer st., owned by a person who is a notorious slumlord JCMT is a special kind of sleaze ball to withold the address, knowing that a fireman could be placed in harm's way just so he can continue to attack Mayor McDermott.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 pm 

sparks
Post subject: Re: Federal Probe
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:46 am

[/color][/quote]
Hey, JCMT, why don't you get one of these to conduct your super secret undercover investigations? All you would need is a bowtie to complete the look.Image[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:04 pm 

sparks wrote:
Amy Wigs wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:
Well, if that word is true, Spickles may be the new Electrical Inspector in Hammond, then it explains Spickle's re appearance here. Congratulations Spickles, now you are in a real pickle!

Then maybe Spickles can look into some of the quality of work done by some of the contractors hired by Hammond's Redevelopment Commission. See, the Redevelopment Commission hired "approved contractors" to work on specific homes purchased by HDC.

In fact some of the contractors requested additional payment on some of these projects, some of these payments exceeded 25% of the contract bid, the additional spending request, which were approved, not by the Redevelopment Commission as required by Indiana Statute, but by one of McDermott's appointments in the Redevelopment Commission. This was part of a HUD Inspector General Finding, which resulted in Hammond losing Federal Funding.

BTW, Spickles, the following pictures are of work done on a couple of Hammond's abandoned properties, purchased by HRD and rehabbed by favored contractors. Neary $70k was spent on this one. I am sure someone had to inspect their work and sign off on it...

Spickles would this be safe for a family to move into? Or was the intent, never to really see a family in this, but to have have someone make some gravy on HUD funding?

Hmmmm.

Now in this picture, the electrician I consulted said it appears the wires should have been enclosed in conduit/or spring green metal sheathing and a gang box anchored for the fixture.

According to the electrician I consulted, the electrical tape securing the wiring to the 2x4 is illegal, along with the metal cable not having a gang box on the end of it.

According to the electrician I consulted, In this picture, I just love the electrical tape securing wiring... and the metal cable should have gone into a gang box.

What is unique about this picture, is the pigtails are connected to old knob and tube wiring, which should have been replaced in the remodeling project.

I know nothing about things of an electrical nature so I can't comment on the content of the photos. Except that I do know exposed wiring like that is a fire hazard waiting to happen. However, sparks(ha! I never connected the name to his occupation until someone pointed it out in this thread) does have a point. We have no idea when these photos were taken. We have no idea where these houses are. We don't know anything beyond what you assure. Those photos could have been taken 5 years ago in California for all we know.

JCMT isn't interested in the safety of the people of Hammond at all, just the political points he thinks he makes by posting these pictures.What really bothers me is that if these are pictures of a home that still has the electricity turned on, it could start a fire at any time. The firefighters that respond to the fire could be injured or killed by the blaze. The city had a bad house fire last night on Bauer st., owned by a person who is a notorious slumlord JCMT is a special kind of sleaze ball to withold the address, knowing that a fireman could be placed in harm's way just so he can continue to attack Mayor McDermott.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:05 pm 

sparks
Post subject: Re: Hammond on verge of a Renaissance?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:55 pm

justcallmetommy wrote:
Well, if that word is true, Spickles may be the new Chief Electrical Inspector in Hammond, then it explains Spickle's re appearance here. Congratulations Spickles, you are now in a real pickle!

Then maybe Spickles can look into some of the quality of work done by some of the contractors hired by Hammond's Redevelopment Commission. See, the Redevelopment Commission hired "approved contractors" to work on specific homes purchased by HDC.

In fact some of the contractors requested additional payment on some of these projects, some of these payments exceeded 25% of the contract bid, the additional spending request, which were approved, not by the Redevelopment Commission as required by Indiana Statute, but by one of McDermott's appointments in the Redevelopment Commission. This was part of a HUD Inspector General Finding, which resulted in Hammond losing Federal Funding.

BTW, Spickles, the following pictures are of work done on a couple of Hammond's abandoned properties, purchased by HRD and rehabbed by favored contractors. Neary $70k was spent on this one. I am sure someone had to inspect their work and sign off on it...

Spickles would this be safe for a family to move into? Or was the intent, never to really see a family in this, but to have have someone make some gravy on HUD funding?

Shouldn't Hammond be going after the contractors to recoup some of cost?
Shouldn't the preferred contractors be barred from doing business in Hammond?

Mr. Mayor? Ms. Kantar?

Hmmmm.

Now in this picture, the electrician I consulted said it appears the wires should have been enclosed in conduit/or spring green metal sheathing and a gang box anchored for the fixture.

According to the electrician I consulted, the electrical tape securing the wiring to the 2x4 is illegal, along with the metal cable not having a gang box on the end of it.

According to the electrician I consulted, In this picture, I just love the electrical tape securing wiring... and the metal cable should have gone into a gang box.

What the electrician said, what is unique about this picture, is the pigtails are connected to old knob and tube wiring, which should have been replaced in the remodeling project.

Opps!

I guess I am going to get another visit by code enforcement. Bad JCMT, Bad JCMT!

Several contractors have recently lost their licenses to work in the city of Hammond. I wonder if your buddy is one of them?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:06 pm 

Forum: Hammond Topic: Hammond Renaissance? Tom McDermott Jr's Standards
sparks
Post subject: Re: Hammond on verge of a Renaissance?
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Replies: 683
Views: 48944

... in representing owners of derelict properties. Their names appear in the minutes for the BOPW hearings every month. They are probably friends of JCMT, which is why he will never print their names on the boards.However, other posters who actually care about Hammond may choose to publicize the ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:07 pm 

sparks
Post subject: Re: SOMETHING THE NWI TIMES OUGHT TO CONSIDER RE FREE SPEECH
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:11 pm

mattlap wrote:
sparks wrote:
Wow,Tommy,did you use your Buck Rogers secret decoder ring to find that scoop? Ever heard of the phrase "unintended consequences"? Or are you hoping for a "suicide by fireman" solution as a way out of your pathetic life?
lubu wrote:
Hey sparks, can you speak a little slower for me? I'm not quite getting it. Are you making some kind of threat or a nasty reference to a departed poster would met a tragic fate? Below mere classless, you are scraping the bottom of ugly. I see that there can be no civilized conversation with you.
sparks wrote:
Firemen risk their lives to protect the public. JCMT has chosen to politicize their jobs and wages by posting salary sheets that contain their names and overtime earnings. He is implying that they have done something unethical by doing their jobs. I was questioning JCMT's motivations for posting the payroll sheets. It is a known fact that mentally ill cowards who don't have the guts to end their own lives use police to do it for them hundreds of times every year across the US. Given that we know JCMT is a gutless worm, maybe he is looking to have someone else end his pathetic life by threatening their livelihoods.
mattlap wrote:

Other than the fact that Patrick Moore became public record when his overtime issue was cited by the State Board of Accounts.

They called his overtime payments into question as being unethical and potentially illegal.

So are you saying that firefighters are above ethics and rules because they put their lives on the lines?

The names and payroll records of 14 other firemen who did nothing wrong are also posted by JCMT.That's simply a sleazy move by any standard. Firefighters across the country risk their lives to protect the public while cowards like JCMT cower in the shadows, posting ignorant BS for political reasons.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 pm 

Quote:
sparks
Post subject: Re: JCMT IS
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Replies: 49
Views: 2745

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
Charles Rocek, a whiny little troll.
Ooooo, I believe THAT is a violation of the TOS...bye Sprinkles.
If you had the power to have me banned, you would have done it after I nicknamed you the Alpha Bitch.Hop back on your broom and buzz off!

I love this one because who ever this guy is, I don't think he is a public figure and he may have a cause of action against Spicklefest.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 pm 

sparks
Post subject: Re: So the Cost of Money has just gone up.
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:31 am

Replies: 8
Views: 987

ken jakubczak wrote:
Tommie, you consistently display the worst traits of the human species. I rank you right up there with afterbirth.

I prefer to call JCMT a stinking pile of cow dung.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:10 pm 

Forum: Hammond Topic: JCMT IS
sparks
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:57 pm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:10 pm 

sparks
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
Ooooo, I believe THAT is a violation of the TOS...bye Sprinkles.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:11 pm 

Forum: Hammond Topic: McDermott brings more affordable housing to Hammond.
sparks
Post subject: Re: McDermott brings more affordable housing to Hammond.
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:33 am

Replies: 16
Views: 1784

It's always fun to watch JCMT show how stupid he is. Columbia Center has been a problem in Hammond for years. I'm glad to see the Feds knocking down run down public housing and building new homes.

Forum: Hammond Topic: You will all get your chance!
sparks
Post subject: Re: You will all get your chance!
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Replies: 62
Views: 3903

... concerned. Or, maybe you all want me to pull a Dr. Watkins and throw my hands up in the air and tell you how there is nothing I can do. Either way JCMT is a hopeless loser, but I'll try to save his pocketbook from taking a hit anyway. The only option not on the table believe it or not, is the use ...

Forum: Hammond Topic: Justcallme.........
sparks
Post subject: Re: Justcallme.........
Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Replies: 27
Views: 2438

JCMT = Charles Rocek.
Kantar +1, slumlords lose again!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:12 pm 

Forum: Hammond Topic: Jr's money tainted with kickbacks Pay To Play ?
sparks
Post subject: Re: Jr's money tainted with kickbacks Pay To Play ?
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Replies: 30
Views: 1575

... not need Labor to succeed. It would make since. If as you say, the money comes from management. Just saying folks! Are you trying to compete with JCMT to see who can make the dumbest post? When all is said and done, votes win elections. Hammond has at least 500 residents who are active or retired ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next