Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hammond High Senior Named Academic All-Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:11 am 

Alexandra(Alex) Kaminski, a Hammond High Senior, has been named an Academic All-Star by the Region Sports Network, which covers all of Northwest Indiana. Her picture will be featured for 1 week on the electronic billboard at the corner of route 30 and I65. Her profile will be on the website, starting this monday, at: regionsports.com. This award is given to outstanding high school athletes in the region, who also excel in academics.
Alexandra is in AP and Honors classes, ranked 1st in her class with a GPA of 4.396. She is Captain of the Girls Swim Team at Hammond High, and has been Lake Shore Conference Champ in the Breaststroke for 2 of the past 3 conferences. She is a member and Treasurer of the National Honor Society Chapter at HHS, in Student Government,Principals Honor Roll(High Honor Roll), Student of The Month, Youth Coach for the Eggers Swim Team, a volunteer at a Soup Kitchen, a Youth Leader for Natural Helpers,which is a mentoring program, a Page for Senator Mrvan, and has recently gone to an elementary school to talk to the 5th graders about bullying, and about middle school. She is also involved in many other activities besides those mentioned. Alexandra is an active member of her church, and regulary takes donations from her church, to distribute to Food Pantries, and other charitable organizations.
Alexandra is the first student athlete from Hammond High to be given this honor, in the years this award has been in existance.

MY YOUNGEST TIGER CUB !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: Hammond High Senior Named Academic All-Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:32 am 

Congratulations.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:13 am 

In todays world, being able to convince a child to go to school is great, but to have this All Star is so outstanding... I don't care what anyone says. It all starts in the home at a very early age. Love and care in the home extends through their whole life. Congraulations. You have done a good job.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:53 am 

Thank you, Lois and Newsflash !!! :D :D :D

I am very BLESSED to have such a great kid !!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:58 pm 

Great kids coming from a great mom and dad.

congrats.

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:21 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:
Great kids coming from a great mom and dad.

congrats.

Thanks, JCMT !!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 pm 

Wow! This goes to show people, in spite of our school system, those who chose to excel and have the right support behind them (ie. parents, friends, church, etc) can succeed and excel! Congratulations!!

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be ... The People cannot be safe without information. When the press is free, and every man is able to read, all is safe. - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm 

celtic1950 wrote:
Wow! This goes to show people, in spite of our school system, those who chose to excel and have the right support behind them (ie. parents, friends, church, etc) can succeed and excel! Congratulations!!

EXACTLY !!! My daughter runs with a good group of kids, all high achievers, all who have parental involvement. As we know, the SCH is just about at the bottom of the barrell, but a motivated kid, backed by their parents, can succeed. There are also quite a few good Teachers, who go out of their way to motivate the kids.
We got this great news on late friday afternoon, which was my birthday !!! What a great honor for my daughter, and a great birthday present for me !!! :D :D :D I am bursting with Wildcat Pride !!! As a graduate of Hammond High, class of 1971, to have my daughter, class of 2012, be the FIRST Hammond High student athlete to attain this honor in the history of this award, is just WONDERFULL !!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:48 am 

That is really awesome, Tiger. As a fellow HHS grad, I am proud of her too. What an honor! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:28 pm 

hammondgirl4life wrote:
That is really awesome, Tiger. As a fellow HHS grad, I am proud of her too. What an honor! :D

Thank you !!! :D :D :D

[color=#4000FF]GO WILDCATS !!![/color]