Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hammond Renaissance? Tom McDermott Jr's Standards
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:17 pm 

What a WASTE of taxpayers money ! $70,000 for THIS??? Whoever the contractor is, they need to be SUED ! I can't believe that this was allowed to happen. What about inspections? IMO, this absolute wreck needs to be torn down.
The money totally wasted on this wreck, and the money wasted on an OUT OF TOWN contractor to build $200,000 homes that 95% of the population of Hammond cannot afford to buy, would be better spent helping out homeowners who need a little help repairing their properties. THAT would be neighborhood stabilization, not tearing down salvageable homes, throwing money at a contractor who destroyed a house, or building Munster priced homes in a lower income city.

Hey SPARKLESS ! YOU are supposed to be the Head Electrical Inspector ! DO YOUR JOB !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:21 pm 

Now this should be disturbing. HUD found some problems on how Tom spent HUD money. HUD suspended Hammond, stopped a senior citizens project from being built last year.

Now Close to $70,000 was spent on rehabbing this property. Follows is a link to HUD's report.

Tom will have to tear this building down to destroy the evidence. How does the McDermott administration explain putting $70,000 into a building and having to tear it down?

Tom, ...

Quote:
http://www.hudoig.gov/Audit_Reports/2012-CH-1009.pdf
Issue Date: August 3, 2012
Audit Report Number: 2012-CH-1009

TO: Forrest Jones, Program Center Coordinator, Office of Public Housing, 5HPH
//signed//

FROM: Kelly Anderson, Regional Inspector General for Audit, 5AGA

SUBJECT: The Hammond Housing Authority, Hammond, IN, Did Not Administer Its Recovery Act Grants in Accordance With Recovery Act, HUD’s, and Its Own Requirements

Enclosed are the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) final results of the audit of the Hammond Housing Authority’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Public Housing Capital Fund stimulus formula and competitive grants.

HUD Handbook 2000.06, REV-4, sets specific timeframes for management decisions on recommended corrective actions. For each recommendation without a management decision, please respond and provide status reports in accordance with the HUD Handbook. Please furnish us copies of any correspondence or directives issued because of the audit.

The Inspector General Act, Title 5 United States Code, section 8L, requires that OIG post its publicly available reports on the OIG Web site. Accordingly, this report will be posted at http://www.hudoig.gov.

If you have any questions or comments about this report, please do not hesitate to call me at (312) 913-8684.

I just love the fascia and trip placed on this rehabbed property.

Now this is just outstanding work, outstanding!

No indication of trim being placed on the outside of this window on building.

More outstanding work on the soffit and fascia .

Trim or no door trim, that is the question? Was it ever framed in?

Was there ever trim on the outside of these windows or was it..... just, well you make your own judgement.

Now did this work have a plastic/insulator on the pipe encasing the wire leading into the basement?

Appears windows were never placed in this property. How could it be rehabbed?

This roof was/is a few years old, how in the hell did it deteriorate in the this course of time? Unless... well you finish this statement.

This building is in Hammond located at 537 Hoffman.

Federal Tax dollars, HUD money went into the rehab of this property.

Who rehabbed this building?

Who signed off on its approval?

Does this look like nearly $70,000 of property rehab?

Who would buy this building? And if they did, would they be faced with needed repairs, just after they would move in? Would a rehabbed property be misrepresented, considering this condition, that after the purchase they would need to do major repairs?

It wouldn't qualify for FHA financing!

Is this how Tom spends Federal Tax Dollars, his people had to approve, sign off on this work to get the contractor paid.

Just friggin amazing! Just amazing!

Is this why Tom wants to leave Hammond so badly? Questionable projects like this are surfacing all over Hammond!

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:27 pm 

JCMT, I am totally sick to my stomach, looking at these pics. SOMEONE, or maybe SEVERAL people need to be held accountable. Looking at these pics, IMO, pull out the new windows and doors laying around, and bulldoze the rest. I hate to see houses demolished, but besides whatever work needed to be done on this house, the contractor put the last nail in the coffin for this place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:08 pm 

Now this should be disturbing. HUD found some problems on how Tom spent HUD money. HUD suspended Hammond, stopped a senior citizens project from being built last year.

Now Close to $70,000 was spent on rehabbing this property. Follows is a link to HUD's report.

Tom will have to tear this building down to destroy the evidence. How does the McDermott administration explain putting $70,000 into a building and having to tear it down?

Tom, ...

[color=#800000]Sweet!

You know how Tom McDermott Jr puts his name on everything in town, right? Well Tom took down the sign on this Hammond Rehab which used Federal Tax Dollars.

I wonder who did the work on this project? My bet they are part of the friends and family plan. I wonder if you'd find the name of the owner, or another relative making a Campaign contribution?

Quote:

//signed//

SUBJECT: The Hammond Housing Authority, Hammond, IN, Did Not Administer Its Recovery Act Grants in Accordance With Recovery Act, HUD’s, and Its Own Requirements

Enclosed are the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) final results of the audit of the Hammond Housing Authority’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Public Housing Capital Fund stimulus formula and competitive grants.

HUD Handbook 2000.06, REV-4, sets specific timeframes for management decisions on recommended corrective actions. For each recommendation without a management decision, please respond and provide status reports in accordance with the HUD Handbook. Please furnish us copies of any correspondence or directives issued because of the audit.

The Inspector General Act, Title 5 United States Code, section 8L, requires that OIG post its publicly available reports on the OIG Web site. Accordingly, this report will be posted at http://www.hudoig.gov.

If you have any questions or comments about this report, please do not hesitate to call me at (312) 913-8684.

Was there ever trim on the outside of these windows or was it..... just, well you make your own judgement.

Now did this work have a plastic/insulator on the pipe encasing the wire leading into the basement?

This roof was/is a few years old, how in the hell did it deteriorate in the this course of time? Unless... well you finish this statement.

Who would buy this building? And if they did, would they be faced with needed repairs, just after they would move in? Would a rehabbed property be misrepresented, considering this condition, that after the purchase they would need to do major repairs?

Is this how Tom spends Federal Tax Dollars, his people had to approve, sign off on this work to get the contractor paid.

Is this why Tom wants to leave Hammond so badly? Questionable projects like this are surfacing all over Hammond!

48279[/color]

XMPT wrote in Dermott Minions now stating No Sweet House? Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 am. Hammonite you might want to say a prayer to your God for freetime. She got back what she dished out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:19 pm 

Sweet!

You know how Tom McDermott Jr puts his name on everything in town. Well the sign in front of this rehab project disappeared!

Really, Disappeared!

What, Tom ain't proud of this project? Difficult economic times for Hammond and Tom makes sure his friends make $70,000 on this rehab project.

Thank god a family didn't move into it.

Now Tom is going to spend $50,000 of Hammond money to make sure another friend makes money tearing it down.

What a racket, really! Image

Now Tom is going to say he didn't know anything about it, but who among is minions are going to take the hit on this?

Wasn't this in Salina's district?

justcallmetommy wrote:

Tom, ...

[color=#800000]Sweet!

You know how Tom McDermott Jr puts his name on everything in town, right? Well Tom took down the sign on this Hammond Rehab which used Federal Tax Dollars.

I wonder who did the work on this project? My bet they are part of the friends and family plan. I wonder if you'd find the name of the owner, or another relative making a Campaign contribution?

Quote:

//signed//

48279[/color]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:01 am 

Hey Tommy, why are you lying again? The city didn't spend any tax dollars on that property. You or your minions moved that sign so you could attack the Mayor.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 am 

sparks wrote:
Hey Tommy, why are you lying again? The city didn't spend any tax dollars on that property. You or your minions moved that sign so you could attack the Mayor.

Really Sparks, I'm not that creative, but McDermott minions sure are... Check the Redevelopment Commission meeting notes. Is this the best you can do? :lol:

Sparks why not STFU, your digging Tom a Deeper hole.

Yea, Sparks, lying.... just like the photo you gave on a property the city finally tore down?

sparks picture:

actual picture just before being torn down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am 

justcallmetommy wrote:
sparks wrote:

Really Sparks, I'm not that creative, but McDermott minions sure are... Check the Redevelopment Commission meeting notes. Is this the best you can do? :lol:

So, Sparks is blaming it on JCMT? I suppose JCMT secretly place the 4x8 in front of the "house" before he secretly removed it? What's that 4x8 say? Thomas M McDermott Jr? Then in all-caps, THIS PROPERTY HAS BEEN PURCHASED AND UPGRADED WITH FUNDS PROVIDED BY THE CITY OF HAMMOND...YADA YADA...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:15 pm 

lubu wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:
sparks wrote:

So, Sparks is blaming it on JCMT? I suppose JCMT secretly place the 4x8 in front of the "house" before he secretly removed it? What's that 4x8 say? Thomas M McDermott Jr? Then in all-caps, THIS PROPERTY HAS BEEN PURCHASED AND UPGRADED WITH FUNDS PROVIDED BY THE CITY OF HAMMOND...YADA YADA...

I go by this place fairly frequently, as I still have friends in the old neighborhood. This place is about 3 blocks from my old house. Sparkless can try to spin it any way he wants to, but the fact is, the taxpayers money was wasted on this. The sign CLEARLY says CITY OF HAMMOND.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:11 pm 

sparks wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

lubu wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

I go by this place fairly frequently, as I still have friends in the old neighborhood. This place is about 3 blocks from my old house. Sparkless can try to spin it any way he wants to, but the fact is, the taxpayers money was wasted on this. The sign CLEARLY says CITY OF HAMMOND.

Tiger,those signs are always secured to 4x4 posts or attached to the building. That sign is not secured. What is the address of the house? That will make it easy to find out who owns it and what kind of work has been done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:11 pm 

sparks wrote:
sparks wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

lubu wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

Tiger,those signs are always secured to 4x4 posts or attached to the building. That sign is not secured. What is the address of the house? That will make it easy to find out who owns it and what kind of work has been done.

Sparks, you have done more good in shooting yourself in the foot than you could ever dream.

You have professed here, you disclosed who you are up front. Well friend, that is not exactly true, freetime outed you some time ago.

And Dave, what you have written in these post, are so muddied, with so little truth, I think someone, if creative could use it against you. Are you telling the truth now or are you lying, which is it Mr. Hein, is that one N or two. Who really gives a rats ass.

It seems your delusions are so prominent, you really don't know what the truth is.

As to who owns the property, the Redevelopment Commission.

Neighbors actually told me, the property even after completion of the rehab, it was so poor of a job, a family could have never moved into it. They were clear that they hated McDermott, and said they kept kicking down the sign. They shared, some one in a city truck kept driving by, put the sign back up after they kicked it down. It was a game to them.

Check your records FF. Now lets see if this Sparks some new investigations on how Hammond spends Federal Tax Dollars!

BTW, I was at the redevelopment commission meeting when spending on this project was approved. Sweet.

And Spicklefest, I hope you didn't use the city computer at 4:04pm to post in this thread, it would be against city policy to use their equipment for political posting. You could get fired! :lol:

Last edited by justcallmetommy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:27 pm 

sparks wrote:

Does “always” have a corollary like “never say never”? Obviously, always isn’t always because the sign isn’t attached and is not mounted to 4x4s. It hasn’t been planted by subversives, and the picture wasn’t taken from “the grassy knoll”. Redevelopment owns it. The kind of work? Shoddy , ineffective and futile. Would a private owner have been given such a long grace period without it making the demo list?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:10 pm 

lubu wrote:
sparks wrote:

Apparently Sparks, you cant read. The address was given in this thread.

Now you should be asking, why did I give an address to the photo array? Think about it. :smt003 :smt002

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:39 pm 

sparks wrote:
sparks wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

lubu wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

537 Hoffman. Title transferred to the Redevelopment Commission in July 2011. This property is tax exempt. No taxes owed, no taxes paid. This sign has been up in front of this house for about 2 years. This sign WAS originally attached to posts in the front yard, but obviously was torn off. I remember the sign being on posts in the front lawn. I go by there frequently. I know what I see, and what I see is UGLY, and a slap in the face to all the taxpayers out there. I feel badly for the neighbors, to have to put up with such an eyesore, compliments of the city. :x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
sparks wrote:
sparks wrote:
justcallmetommy wrote:

lubu wrote:

Tiger1 wrote:

537 Hoffman. Title transferred to the Redevelopment Commission in July 2011. This property is tax exempt. No taxes owed, no taxes paid. This sign has been up in front of this house for about 2 years. This sign WAS originally attached to posts in the front yard, but obviously was torn off. I remember the sign being on posts in the front lawn. I go by there frequently. I know what I see, and what I see is UGLY, and a slap in the face to all the taxpayers out there. I feel badly for the neighbors, to have to put up with such an eyesore, compliments of the city. :x
The HRC has rehabbed hundreds of homes in the city. Part of their mission is acquire dilapidated homes and rebuild them to current building codes.
Thanks for posting the address, that's more than JCMT did. Have you done any FOI requests to see what has been done to the property?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 776 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 52  Next